Alternatives to Sennheiser IE80
Oct 6, 2012 at 4:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

supracrazy_tommy

Head-Fier
  I know that IEM and headphones really shouldn't be compared, but I am having the hardest time choosing between an IEM or headphones.  I just got a the hisound 3rd gen studios coming, so I want some new IEM/headphones to complement them.  

From an IEM point of view is sennheiser IE80 still held as the top ?  If I were to get headphones which one would come close to those ?  I was really anticipating the v-moda m-100, but it doesn't look like I'll be able to get my hands on those till next year.

I listen to mainly modern music so hip hop for the majority.  I don;t like overpowering bass that drowns the vocals out.  Vocals have to be clear.

I would appreciate some suggestions whether its IEM or headphones and for headphones I just want Over the Ear design.  

Oct 6, 2012 at 5:24 PM Post #2 of 4
Tbh honest, I can't imagine having both as they fulfil different purposes for me. The IE80's are phenomenal however and a great all round sound for me. You'll note I keep saying for 'me'. It could be different for you. I listen to mainly chart stuff, David Guetta, Adele, etc.

Over ear headphones..I've been listening to the Momentums recently and they're on my shopping list for casual listening headphones.

Oct 6, 2012 at 11:13 PM Post #3 of 4
V-sonic Gro7 MK11

Oct 6, 2012 at 11:22 PM Post #4 of 4
ive tried the ie80 and the bass do not drown out the vocals-they stay clear
if you're listening mainly to hip hop, they are probably one of your best choices
i have the vsonics and sometimes there isnt enough bass as id like

Users who are viewing this thread

Back