Alternatives to iTunes?
Jan 23, 2013 at 1:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

liquidzoo

1000+ Head-Fier
I've been using iTunes to listen to my music, since it's already installed (I use it for a lot of things, like putting cover art on mp4 files for my Xbox); but I'm certain that there are better alternatives out there.

I like being able to look at covers rather than just a list of files; and I'd prefer something that was relatively easy to set up.  If there was something like a mini player that showed the cover art and track info that would be great, but not a necessity.

EQ control is a must, but that probably goes without saying.

Running Windows 7 x64 (if that qualifies/disqualifies anything).

I know about Winamp, and have used it in the past; but unless something has changed I don't think that cover art is available.  I've heard about Foobar, but can it be set up the way I want (and if so, what plugins would be a must)?  Any others? 

I should mention that I'm using these exclusively with headphones, though I'm not certain that makes any difference at all.

Jan 23, 2013 at 1:33 PM Post #3 of 3
Quote:
By cover art, do you mean you want to search through your library by looking at the cover art? Or you just want the cover art of the song that's playing to display? Winamp does support the latter.

I'd prefer the former.  Well, I'd prefer both.

Grid view to browse would be ideal.  iTunes has the ability to pop out a separate window that shows currently playing cover art, along with play/pause/prev/next controls, but the id3 track title, etc of the mini window leaves a lot to be desired.

The mini window isn't that big of a deal, though.  I can definitely live without it if I can get the rest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back