Alternatives for Amperior/HD25 due to sibilance issues
Dec 21, 2012 at 4:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Golila3

Formerly known as MellowBS
Hello everyone~

I am looking for an alternative for the HD25/Amperior due to the sibilance issue they have. I changed from the HD25 to Amperior thinking that there would be a large improvement on the sibilance issue, but sadly, although I like the highs on the Amperiors more than the HD25, the sibilance issue did not get much better. I REALLY love the sounds signature of the HD25 driver, but the sibilance issue just keeps getting back at me! 

I am looking for an alternative headphone of any kind and at any price range that sounds like the HD25/Amperior, just without the sibilance problem.

An early thanks to everyone!

Dec 21, 2012 at 5:59 PM Post #2 of 6
Beyerdynamic dt1350. Best portable headphone IMO. It's bass goes deeper but lacks the mid bass thump of the amperior. Has very clean and detailed highs with a little less sparkle but none of the sibilance. .

Dec 21, 2012 at 7:07 PM Post #3 of 6
Thanks for the reply! So far, I'd say the dt1350 is my number one portable candidate. I like everything about it except for the slight comfort problem. But I am still wondering if there's anything with the super strong and tight mid-bass of the HD25s.

Jan 13, 2013 at 11:12 AM Post #5 of 6
Or you may want to consider adding an amp on your current rig,,I happen to have the same problem btw, but with constant usage, the piercing treble went away and it is fun now to listen to..

May 2, 2015 at 3:39 PM Post #6 of 6
I have not tried them yet but the two alternative headphones to the Hd25/Amperior that are most often mentionned are the Beyerdynamic DT-1350 and the V-Moda XS, the follow up and apparently very improved from the V-Moda M-80. Maybe you should check the XS. From that I hear the XS took 7 years to design/test before releasing on th market. At 200$, closed on-ear design with slight v shaped sound signature it's in the same braket as the DT1350 and HD25. Hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back