Alternative to Vsonic VSD1S...something with a MIC
Dec 1, 2013 at 11:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

jhumur

Head-Fier
So, after much reading, I thought I had picked out the earbuds I would like to buy this X-Mas...the Vsonic VSD1S. I am not a basshead, and I also have a low tolerance for excessively bright highs. I prefer a more precise sound, and a good soundstage. I'm trying to stay close to $50, give or take a few. The VSD1S seemed like the perfect fit, given my budget and my listening preferences. Then, I realized it didn't have an MIC. So, what alternatives do I have with an inline MIC? I am thinking:

Meelectronics CC51P
Meelectronics A161P
Steelseries FLUX in-ear

and for $75-100

Etymotic HF2 (Cobalt)
NuForce NE-700M
HIFIMAN RE-400
Steelseries FLUX Pro

What do you think? Am I on the right track? Would really appreciate it if you could throw some ideas this way. Thanks!

Dec 31, 2013 at 11:01 AM Post #3 of 10
  So, after much reading, I thought I had picked out the earbuds I would like to buy this X-Mas...the Vsonic VSD1S. I am not a basshead, and I also have a low tolerance for excessively bright highs. I prefer a more precise sound, and a good soundstage. I'm trying to stay close to $50, give or take a few. The VSD1S seemed like the perfect fit, given my budget and my listening preferences. Then, I realized it didn't have an MIC. So, what alternatives do I have with an inline MIC? I am thinking:

Meelectronics CC51P
Meelectronics A161P
Steelseries FLUX in-ear

and for $75-100

Etymotic HF2 (Cobalt)
NuForce NE-700M
HIFIMAN RE-400
Steelseries FLUX Pro

What do you think? Am I on the right track? Would really appreciate it if you could throw some ideas this way. Thanks!

I would pick Flux if I were you. Don't know why but it is cheap and getting some rave reviews.

Apr 3, 2014 at 8:32 AM Post #6 of 10
I tried them both...the vsd1 is miles away ... The bass and clarity is inpressive as THW output level.

Flux doesn work with nokis ans is far worse thsn my LG OEM... They are indeed not pretty

May 15, 2014 at 2:03 AM Post #7 of 10
Uh Oh...I got the VSD1S's *and* the Flux!  At this price, I could afford both.  I plan to use the Flux with computer and phone (I hope they like Samsung
confused.gif
)  and VSD1S for listening pleasure. I wouldn't mind getting a Mic add-on if I could find one. Any suggestions?
Ravenwood~

May 15, 2014 at 2:15 PM Post #9 of 10
I meant both PC and Laptop/Tablet. I can't compare the two yet as they won't arrive until today! I will let you know first impressions soon.  I was asking about  an add-on mic/remote for the Vsonics. I will need one that works with Android phones. I have a Galaxy S4.

May 16, 2014 at 8:21 AM Post #10 of 10
1 soltion for everything can hardly be the best solution. I choose earbuds for mobile phone and a good headset for the PC....steelseries wirked worse in my mobiles tban the stock ones...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back