Alternate tips for Westone um1
Oct 25, 2008 at 9:47 AM Post #16 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by LCeh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How is the sound compared to the original comply's that comes with the UM2?

After buying a set of medium olives, I'd say that the olives make the um1 sound brighter and also potentially boosting the bass due to a better fit (for my ears
happy_face1.gif
). However this is coming from wearing the long complys, the P series i think (not too sure though) which other people say absorb more treble. YMMV depending on whether your using the short or long i guess. I don't really remember how UM1 sounds with the short complys.

Oct 25, 2008 at 5:18 PM Post #17 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by martinmach /img/forum/go_quote.gif
what is the effect of these tips on frequency response?

which one should i be getting?
EA510S or EA410S ?

Soft Flex tips are smooth silicon, and are more reflective than foamie-type tips. I would think this enhances mid/high end while lending impact to bass but that is just a guess and layman comparison with a brief stint of Complys when I first got my UM2s.

The 2 main types of tips are the larger barrel of the E2c and its ilk (actually preferable but usually not available in higher end IEMs) and the smaller barrel of E3c, E5c, UM1-2, Ety4P/S, etc. Sorry, but I forgot what IEMs you actually have. Good luck.

Oct 26, 2008 at 10:12 AM Post #18 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by fredman22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Soft Flex tips are smooth silicon, and are more reflective than foamie-type tips. I would think this enhances mid/high end while lending impact to bass but that is just a guess and layman comparison with a brief stint of Complys when I first got my UM2s.

The 2 main types of tips are the larger barrel of the E2c and its ilk (actually preferable but usually not available in higher end IEMs) and the smaller barrel of E3c, E5c, UM1-2, Ety4P/S, etc. Sorry, but I forgot what IEMs you actually have. Good luck.

i have um1 and super.fi 3. so i should go for EA410S

Shure * - Gray Soft Flex Sleeves

Amazon.com: Shure EA410M Soft Flex Replacement Sleeves f(Gray) or Shure E3c, E3g, E4c, E4g, E5c, I3, I4c, E3c-n and E4c-n models - Medium: Electronics

is that correct?

Oct 26, 2008 at 7:31 PM Post #19 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by squid_shank /img/forum/go_quote.gif
are the shure tips easier to clean than the um1 stock tips?

Well, if it's a solid silicon shell versus a porous foamie I'd say so. After even one session the tips will become slick with oil or wax and might slip - when I need to adjust 'em more than a couple a times a session it's time to clean 'em. I use household glass cleaner on a soft rag to clean the tips (I usually wipe down my ears at the same time too, with an untreated soft rag or napkin, but uh - let's leave the personal hygiene to personal preference...). When I replace them in my ears, they position well and stay in place - set and forget - for the rest of the session. Somewhere between biweekly and monthly, I remove the tips and wash in soapy water. I've rotated 3 pair of Soft Flex tips like this for almost 3 years now and they're all in like-new condition. Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back