Alternate tips for Ety4p??
Sep 23, 2008 at 12:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

tnmike1

Headphoneus Supremus
Am drawing a blank on this one and don't know where to go in the thread searches for the answer.

What other tips fit the Ety4p?? Seem to remember the Shure Olives might. What about Complys???

Help would be appreciated. Just looking for alternative to the triple flanges

Well, just found the Comply site so that answers one of the questions. So what about Shure?? Nothing on their site about other IEMs fitting their tips

Sep 23, 2008 at 1:07 PM Post #2 of 11
Shure, etymotic and westone IEMs all have the same diameter barrel, with some variations, the Ety 4S and 4p's have a raised ridge at the end which makes some tips very tight (and increases isolation). I think Shure 530's hae a raised ridge in the middle of the barrel. The Westone's don't have any, which makes some tips (Shure yellow foamies) fit sloppy without a bit of scotch tape on the barrel.

Sep 30, 2008 at 5:33 PM Post #3 of 11
Drawing a blank on what model of Shure tips the "olives" are. Need them to fit the Etys. Have a set of large and they're too large plus the package is long gone. So someone supply me with the proper Shure identification please.

Sep 30, 2008 at 6:34 PM Post #4 of 11
Sep 30, 2008 at 6:48 PM Post #5 of 11
You use the white triple flange? Are they too tight? if so, try the blue tri-flanges. I can't use the white tips for more than 5 minutes while I can wear the blue tips for extended periods of time without discomfort.

Sep 30, 2008 at 6:58 PM Post #7 of 11
I have some Comply P series tips for sale, 3 pair (six total) for 10 bucks plus USPS shipping. Private me if you're interested. They are the standard size.

Sep 30, 2008 at 10:53 PM Post #8 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by leftnose /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You use the white triple flange? Are they too tight? if so, try the blue tri-flanges. I can't use the white tips for more than 5 minutes while I can wear the blue tips for extended periods of time without discomfort.

Blue flange??? Where do I find them???

NC8000" Thanks for the link. Awful to get old and lose your memory
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 1, 2008 at 5:46 AM Post #9 of 11
Oct 1, 2008 at 4:37 PM Post #11 of 11

Users who are viewing this thread

Back