Altering an image
Mar 13, 2009 at 6:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

homers54321

100+ Head-Fier
How would i go about changing this image so that the left part of this pic is black instead of white?

throwdown_by_Linzi_Mars.jpg

Mar 13, 2009 at 6:22 AM Post #2 of 16
Copy it and paste it in Word, highlight over it with the cursor as you would with text, the colors should invert. Now screenshot it, paste it into paint, and save it. Now open it with something like Microsoft Office Picture Viewer and crop it. Voilà, the quick and dirty way. Someone else can show how you do it with photoshop or something, but unless you need it to be high quality I think the way I do it works fine.

Mar 13, 2009 at 6:25 AM Post #3 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by compuryan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Copy it and paste it in Word, highlight over it with the cursor as you would with text, the colors should invert. Now screenshot it, paste it into paint, and save it. Now open it with something like Microsoft Office Picture Viewer and crop it. Voilà, the quick and dirty way. Someone else can show how you do it with photoshop or something, but unless you need it to be high quality I think the way I do it works fine.

VERY NICE, and I mean that

to do it with Photoshop, CorelDraw, or Expression Design, you'd need to highlight the area you want to change, and invert the colors (or invert the entire image), and then bother with re-leveling everything and whatnot (to get whatever quality level you need), it'd take roughly 10-15 minutes, ryan's suggestion takes about 30 seconds, and you'll get probably 90% of the same quality

Mar 13, 2009 at 6:31 AM Post #4 of 16
Of course you could just flip it so that you have the mirror image and then what is currently black would still be black, but on the opposite side.

Mar 13, 2009 at 9:07 AM Post #7 of 16
quickl.png

Here's a quick and dirty job, I'm not quite satisfied with it though.

Mar 13, 2009 at 9:49 AM Post #8 of 16
^ You should add some noise to the gradient for it to blend in.

Mar 13, 2009 at 2:20 PM Post #9 of 16
Ahh, Photoshop! I know ye like the back of my hand.

-Open Photoshop, open image.
-Select the white area with the lasso.
-Feather the selection.
-Command+C, then Command+V -- theis copies the selection and pastes in a new layer
-Go to newly created layer, Image-->Adjustments-->Levels
-Adjust levels until you get what you're looking for
-Use other adjustments/filters until it no longer looks awful from the leveling
-Command+E to flatten
-Command+Shift+S to save-as

Done!

Oh, for PC users (like me when at work.
frown.gif
) replace Command with Ctrl

Mar 13, 2009 at 3:22 PM Post #11 of 16
Corrected.jpg

You haven't been terribly specific about what you want, this is my approximation. You can keep your photoshop.

Mar 13, 2009 at 7:03 PM Post #14 of 16
Nice! It was actually meant like a joke, since I could not help darkening all that white. I tried...
So great to see that it still might be exactly what you looked for.
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back