Alteneratives to the GR07?
Nov 13, 2013 at 5:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

Blaalad12

100+ Head-Fier
Hey guys, Basically i recently started walking/jogging more then i ever did before and i would always use earphones to listen to music when iam out but decided to treat myself to a decent pair seen as i just have bog standard cheap ones (although they sound pretty good for standard earphones i must say)

Anyway, i had decided upon the GR07 as they are just about within my budget , and seem to be the best bang for my buck, However i cannot find anywhere thats selling them online? I found one guy through amazon but he doesnt ship to ireland and a few in hong kong but delivery time takes forever , also iam skeptical of buying anything from hong kong , I would prefer to get them in from the uk or u.s!!

Anyways, Is there any alteratives that are just as good as the GR07's and cost no more then them? I cant afford anymore then €150 / $180 ?? Its obviously important that i can order them online far easier also as the gr07s bass edition seem pretty hard to come by 

Nov 13, 2013 at 8:30 PM Post #5 of 17
I listen to all types of music by the way so must be good with all genre's , I dont want anything to bass heavy vut i do like a good punchy bass for when i listen to dance tracks, I like acoustic music also, Good soundstage is of importance to, and good detail/clear sound 

Nov 13, 2013 at 8:41 PM Post #6 of 17
  I listen to all types of music by the way so must be good with all genre's , I dont want anything to bass heavy vut i do like a good punchy bass for when i listen to dance tracks, I like acoustic music also, Good soundstage is of importance to, and good detail/clear sound 

http://www.lendmeurears.com/product_info.php?products_id=38&osCsid=0d4890076fa74384ea51f2d1b74534ab

GR07 are only $163 SGD which is only $130 USD and lendmeurears is trusted here. I might get this but leaning towards something else because I'm not really sure about the over ear and the looks of the gr07. I might get the TF10, X10, RE-400 or maybe Westone 3 if it goes on a nice Black Friday sale.

Nov 13, 2013 at 8:49 PM Post #7 of 17
  http://www.lendmeurears.com/product_info.php?products_id=38&osCsid=0d4890076fa74384ea51f2d1b74534ab

GR07 are only $163 SGD which is only $130 USD and lendmeurears is trusted here. I might get this but leaning towards something else because I'm not really sure about the over ear and the looks of the gr07. I might get the TF10, X10, RE-400 or maybe Westone 3 if it goes on a nice Black Friday sale.

I gotta be honest, i dont particularly like them look wise myself but if they perform as well asmost people say they do, then i can see past that, I would only rather a better looking pair of iem's if they were as good as the gr07s and cost the same price! Which are better, the gr07 mk 2 or the gr07 be? both cost the same!!

p.s the cable on the bass edition looks cooler to :) 

Nov 13, 2013 at 8:53 PM Post #8 of 17
  I gotta be honest, i dont particularly like them look wise myself but if they perform as well asmost people say they do, then i can see past that, I would only rather a better looking pair of iem's if they were as good as the gr07s and cost the same price! Which are better, the gr07 mk 2 or the gr07 be? both cost the same!!

p.s the cable on the bass edition looks cooler to :) 

Most people seem to choose the regular GR07 but as you are looking for the bass then you should get the BE. Great price, my parents wont let me buy it :/ 

Nov 13, 2013 at 10:07 PM Post #9 of 17
This may sound a bit odd to gr07 lovers but I prefer my audeo pfe with gray filters over my gr07 mk2 which I sold some months ago... I've had it for less than or about a month and I just could not stand the "hiss" from its treble. It does have decent bass which I honestly think that the audeo pfe has, and a very similar sound signature with a slightly tamed treble and just as much bass, detail, and mids which you could most likely find for 40-100$+ online (way cheaper than gr07). Just a thought you might consider :)

Nov 13, 2013 at 10:25 PM Post #10 of 17
Well, there aren't that much iems that can match the gr07's performance in this price range. There's the re400, pfe122, fidelio s1 and s2. I remember a bunch of people liked the TDK BA200 in comparison to gr07, so it might be a good alternative too. In the end it comes down to personal preference though and even if an iem is not at the gr07's level that doesn't mean you won't like it better. 

Nov 14, 2013 at 7:33 PM Post #12 of 17
I have decided that the gr07's are no longer an option, I have narrowed it down (for the moment at least) to the tdk ba200 or the tf10s? Of those two, which would you guys go for and why? 

Nov 14, 2013 at 9:05 PM Post #13 of 17
BA200 is more comfortable I'd imagine. It's more laid back, especially in the treble. The TF10 will have more bass and treble and therefore probably details, at least up top. I'd go for the BA200 since I prefer a smooth sound though.

Nov 14, 2013 at 9:30 PM Post #14 of 17
BA200 is more comfortable I'd imagine. It's more laid back, especially in the treble. The TF10 will have more bass and treble and therefore probably details, at least up top. I'd go for the BA200 since I prefer a smooth sound though.

Thats interesting, you pick 'smooth' over more bass, more treble and more detail? You make the tf10 sound better but yet you choose ba200? Interesting!! Any idea is there any advantage to getting the older version or newer version ? although the consensus is that you cant choose, its hit or miss as to which version you get, Having an extension cable seems in theory at least to be better because if there was tension on the cable, it would just come apart rather then break but most people seem to want the newer version with 4' cable

Nov 14, 2013 at 10:10 PM Post #15 of 17
It has nothing to do with better. It's just a preference. Just like I love spicy food but someone else might prefer not having extra hot sauce with their meals. Extra treble can get tiring, plus the TF10 is not easy to get a good fit with. I would say version 2 is better. The reason you need an extension in the first place is because the cable is too short on the original one. If you put enough pressure on the cable that you could break it, you are doing something wrong in the first place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back