altec lansing vs2421 to swan m10
Aug 7, 2011 at 11:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

patthebaker17

New Head-Fier
hey guys, so ive had my altec lansings for about a year now and i really want an upgrade in sound quality. So im looking to buy the swan m10's. but one thing that really throws me off is the bass. ive never been a guy that loves ground shaking bass. but i do like my bass to be heard. the bass on my altecs is good with me, if not a little too much. i never put it over 50%. usually i lower it. but people are saying the swan m10 have very little bass? i listen to a lot of electronic. even though its known for ground shaking bass, i love organic sounds and clear vocals. but i dont want it so much that the treble hurts my ears with no bass. will the swan m10 be enough for me? bass wise? or would i feel unsatisfied and wish i bought the pro media. i usually like doing eq with my cowon s9, but would it be much of a problem?

my altecs are already on a desktop setup. so i have no problem with the subwoofer ear level

im just looking for amazing clarity, but not at the sacrifice of no bass. i just want to be able to hear it very well. vibrations mean nothing. 

thanks is advance.

Aug 8, 2011 at 1:44 AM Post #2 of 4
Well thing is PC speakers may give u bass but low quality/muddy bass so hifi/stereophile stuff would reap better rewards for SQ (though they may cost a bit more) in the long run IMHO
tongue_smile.gif
  Maybe you could either go amp/passive bookshelfs or active monitors and get a proper sub depending on the size of your room  Dayton/Polk Subs are the usual suspects for entry level/budget subs hehe You could hit something decent sub $200 for 2.1 me thinks - even more so if you dip into the used audio equipment market wee~

Aug 8, 2011 at 5:07 PM Post #3 of 4
thing is i only want to spend about 100-150 at most. and im kind of looking for an easy buy, since i dont have much time too really set up, and the money.

i just need an ok from an owner or someone who has experience with the m10 to give me the ok on the bass. 

Aug 17, 2011 at 11:53 PM Post #4 of 4
I just received my Swan M10's today from Audioinsider.com. I owned the Logitech Z623 beforehand so I will use them for comparison. I gotta say that they are MUCH better than the Logitech Z623's that I bought earlier and returned, in terms of bass sound quality as well as mids and highs.

Logitech Z623 Bass:
~Muddy
~Boomy
~Good for breaking down doors and cracking windows
~Sounds like someone punching a wall
~Only recommended for "bass heads"
~Drowns out Mids (which are pretty bad anyways from the full range drivers on the satellites) and Highs aren't even noticable b/c of bass

Swan M10 "Bass" (Really a midbass: I've had to use it for A WHILE before it sounded better a.k.a Burn in)
~Clear
~Crisp; as in you hear the bass line rather than someone punching a wall/drilling a hole in your eardrum the way Logitech's do.
~Doesn't go VERY low, but the quality more than makes up for it.
~Bass definitely isn't loud (Quality over ...loudness).

So in your case, you MAY like the Swan M10's bass. I really need more burn in time for the "subwoofer" (midbass/midwoofer) before I can elaborate, but the problem I mention below (my quick question) keeps me from concentrating on it.

NOTE: SOME people have complained about the radio and GSM interfering and being clearly heard on their Swan M10's. I have not had this problem.

Quick question of my own if you don't mind: Don't wanna start another thread

If there are any other Swan M10 owner's can someone tell me as to why my right channel is weaker than the left? I switch satellites input and REGARDLESS of which satellite is plugged into the left and right channels, the one plugged into the right channel is always weaker. (Dialed up the volume VERY slowly, left channel gives off sound first at a certain volume but the right channel is 100% quite/no sound.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back