Altec Lansing im716...
Feb 28, 2008 at 5:53 AM Post #16 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by kite7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ER8 Filters from Ety are exactly the same so they will work on the im716

Where can the ety 8 filters be bought, with international shipping?

Feb 28, 2008 at 6:19 AM Post #17 of 19
Off-topic, but RiffJaff you go to UIUC? I used to go there, I just transferred to UConn this semester. I hated the engineering faculty and I decided I did not want to be an engineer.

Feb 28, 2008 at 11:27 AM Post #18 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by kojebee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Where can the ety 8 filters be bought, with international shipping?

Etymotic?

Feb 28, 2008 at 11:48 AM Post #19 of 19
I find switching from HD to Bass just muddies the sound, listened to HD continuously for a while and just couldn't change back. Instead I just crank up the Bass settings on my DAP and it has more or less the same effect but without loosing clarity or feeling veiled.

It does slightly lack in base impact, I mean it's certainly not empty but it feels a bit limited compared to my AD700s, so in that sense you may not appreciate it as much for house/trance. Sounds great for any indie rock and other rock/metal where it's the melody/intricacy driving the song not the base impact.

Also, Shure marshmallows come highly recommended. I'm sure it depends on the shape of your ear/canal but the triflanges hurt and fit me awfully, the 'single' foamies that came with the 716s weren't much better either. Marshmallow on the other hand - heaven.

I haven't depodded mine yet either by the way.

Anyway, overall I'd still recommend them since they're such good value. Especially if you're living in the US, you can find them crazy cheap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back