Alright you nerds, guide me...
Dec 27, 2005 at 8:50 PM Post #46 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by apnk
Grado's are portable enough, but they are like way to open. Everything will come in and out, but some people do use them are portables.

yeah that's good to know b/c i definitely need closed for the portables.

update: i just purchased the HeadRoom Total BitHead from a lovely person on this board. I'm so excited! i've heard they're a good place to start in the way of amps, and the price just couldn't be beat (thanks, john!). My only question regarding this is, do I need something else to hook it up to my iPod? I don't have a dock for the iPod, so I need a separate line out, correct? (this is just for personal/future reference. I doubt I'll be using the BitHead w/ my iPod since i ONly listen to that while I exercise). Thanks
icon10.gif

Dec 27, 2005 at 10:05 PM Post #47 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by MINX3030
My only question regarding this is, do I need something else to hook it up to my iPod? I don't have a dock for the iPod, so I need a separate line out, correct? (this is just for personal/future reference. I doubt I'll be using the BitHead w/ my iPod since i ONly listen to that while I exercise). Thanks
icon10.gif

yeah you'll need a Sik Din or a TURBOdock II

Dec 27, 2005 at 10:33 PM Post #48 of 64
Ho-Ho-Ho!

I think you shouldn't order a pair of phones without listening to them...
Oh well. Just make sure you get really nice cables to hook it up... Would be a shame to buy a nice amp+phones then having it all ruined by bad cabling :/

Btw, try giving the sennheiser-sound a shot someday if you have the opportunity... Every other headphones you listen sounds different, and your personal preference may vary. Everyone has their own taste no matter music...

GL and merry christmas
biggrin.gif
and happy head-fiing
k1000smile.gif

Dec 27, 2005 at 10:41 PM Post #49 of 64
I thought the definative Rock and Roll/Heavy Metal headphones were the
Koss Pro 4AAA?
aahhh, memories.

Dec 27, 2005 at 11:10 PM Post #50 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by pixelshader
Ho-Ho-Ho!

I think you shouldn't order a pair of phones without listening to them...
Oh well. Just make sure you get really nice cables to hook it up... Would be a shame to buy a nice amp+phones then having it all ruined by bad cabling :/

Btw, try giving the sennheiser-sound a shot someday if you have the opportunity... Every other headphones you listen sounds different, and your personal preference may vary. Everyone has their own taste no matter music...

GL and merry christmas
biggrin.gif
and happy head-fiing
k1000smile.gif

yes, i know that buying before trying is ill-advised, but i'm just going to return them if they're not what i'm looking for. amazon has a 30 day return policy, and, as i said, i just listen to music all day long, so i think i can get a pretty good idea within that time frame.

and as for the person who mentioned the koss 4AAA...yes those are in the running. right now i listen to my dad's ANCIENT Pioneer SE-305s. 30 yrs. old and nicely used from hours and hours of Steppenwolf being played through them, hahaha.

Dec 27, 2005 at 11:50 PM Post #54 of 64
I also recommend picking the cans (whichever you decide) up from the For Sale forums if you can, because theres some very good deals
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 28, 2005 at 3:52 AM Post #55 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by discord
blink.gif

Pffffshhh! Jeez- shut the hell up you guys! of course I'm not getting the Sa5ks to listen to Mp3s! I may be new, but I'm not TOTALLY out of my element here... I know what I need to make these work properly...

ya know, sorry I dont have 10K to drop on a new source as well. all i have is my computer and my iPod. I did a lot of research, I knew exactly what kind of sound I wanted, and I posted on here to get information aboutwhat the best cans are for that specific sound (see initial post) I wanted these great headphones to listen to great music, i put in the extra to get a freaking amp to make sure they'll sound right (NOT just plugging the darn things into my iPod or iBook- NO!) and my school has a great electronic music lab that I'm gonna play around with in these cans, too. Don't get all eye-rolly and
confused.gif
on me. as i said, i'm not a pro, but i'm not completely clueless either.

Dec 28, 2005 at 4:40 AM Post #60 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by MINX3030
yeah those RS1s sound like their pretty luxe. when I get back to NY i will go down to the city and hightail it to the grado store to give the line a listen.

too bad the MS1's probably won't be there
mad.gif
. If you are lucky he might have an HF-1 around
very_evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back