Alpha dog color choices
May 13, 2014 at 4:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

greenkiwi

1000+ Head-Fier
Ok, so I'm going to get some ADs, but I'm having a hard time picking the color... Claret or Black.

I would have gone for the matte unobtainium black, if it were not so... unobtainium

I find that it's really hard to judge this based on pictures, so I'd love to hear from people who have seen both...  which would you pick?  Does one look generally better or worse than the other?

May 13, 2014 at 5:02 PM Post #2 of 15
I've seen them both and you really can't go wrong with either. The claret color is really awesome in person, but so is the completely matte black. If you ever see yourself using these in public I'd probably go with the matte black since it's a bit more discreet.

May 14, 2014 at 4:29 AM Post #5 of 15
The issues with the matte black is just one other reason why I can't seem to get the Alpha. It just seems like Dan is rushing to much to get his products out there. It's evident with the amount of revisions his headphones go through.

I'd probably take the claret colour. It's pretty lush.

May 14, 2014 at 2:18 PM Post #6 of 15
@wild I don't believe the matt black is available. Only glossy black. My understanding was that the matte finish had consistency issues and wasn't repairable.

Whoops, I didn't even realize the matte black wasn't available. Thanks for setting me straight 
biggrin.gif

May 14, 2014 at 3:41 PM Post #7 of 15
@Wild no worries... I would have already ordered it, without question... if it were available.  I can picture the matte black and know what it looks like.

The red color is tough to really know what it will look like, from pictures.

May 15, 2014 at 10:37 PM Post #10 of 15
I ordered an off-color "claret purple" Alpha Dog. 

I played with some digital colors to try to guess what the color must be.  Here's what I came up with.  It is a total guess. 

I'll know for sure on Tuesday. 

May 16, 2014 at 3:49 PM Post #12 of 15
I think five factory second models were made. If they prove to be interesting to others, I think it is a no brainer to sell more and go with different colors. Dan does not want the inventory issue though, I am sure.

May 17, 2014 at 6:07 AM Post #14 of 15
The claret is beautiful imo.

May 21, 2014 at 4:18 PM Post #15 of 15
My "factory second" purple Alpha Dog came in yesterday.  I think it is less purple than I had imagined -- more of a reddish mahogany color.  I'll need to find someone with a claret Alpha Dog to take a side-by-side picture.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back