Alpha & Delta D2 Impressions
Jun 23, 2016 at 12:13 AM Post #438 of 492
Mine arrived 2 weeks ago and here are my humble impressions so far:

Pros:
- Mids alone worth the $25 price tag, everything else is a bonus, at least comparing to the gear i have/owned;
- Highs are nicely extended and airy, really nice for the price;
- Soundstage and imaging is another surprise: wide for the price and form factor (almost fully sealed dinamic driver) with very nice positioning and spacial cues;
- Nice build: the stealth matte black finish is not a dust-magnet as i thought it would be and the sweat resistance is a very nice bonus;
- Very good fit, sits very comfortable in place while walking and running
- Good isolation, enough even for a bus travel; 
- Good set of acessories

Neutral:
- Bass works OK for some thumpy-bass-heavy genres and work well on helping isolate some external noise;
- I liked the ear-guide-like transparent tube, but also can see why some people didn't like it, maybe including a removable earguide would be better;

Cons:
- Too much loose bass that sometimes ruins the presentation: there where times that the mids were sooo beautifully liquid, with an airy and wide presentation that everything i could think in my mind was "dear lord, please don't let the bass line start!";
- Some nasty driver flex on both sides during insertion, but none after they sit in my ears;
- Mic is too far away, would be better if they were slightly nearer the face, i use the cable passing inside my shirt and that way is hard to use the mic, also it gets more sweaty;

Some thoughts:
- Tighten that bass, reduce it by 1-2db and sell it as D3 for $39 and i'll insta-buy it;
- So far my preferred tips are the Sony Hybrids;
- My last sports-oriented IEM was a Soundmagic EH11 and the D2 is MILES ahead in everything, really no contest here, the EH11 was 3M: Muffled, Muddy and a Mess; 
- For a slightly deeper fit, i don't push the tips till the end of the nozzle but use a small rubber ring made of some old tips to create a small spacer; 

The first three words that came in my mind when i think about the D2: Mids, Confort, Spacious

Overall: Don't regret buying them, best sports-oriented IEM I've ever had, a very good budget value sound-wise. If this was a review, i would give a 4/4.5 stars rating. 

Jun 23, 2016 at 10:31 AM Post #439 of 492

Pros:
- Mids alone worth the $25 price tag, everything else is a bonus, at least comparing to the gear i have/owned;
- Soundstage and imaging is another surprise: wide for the price and form factor (almost fully sealed dinamic driver) with very nice positioning and spacial cues;
- Nice build: the stealth matte black finish is not a dust-magnet as i thought it would be and the sweat resistance is a very nice bonus;
- Good set of acessories

Neutral:
- Bass works OK for some thumpy-bass-heavy genres and work well on helping isolate some external noise;
- I liked the ear-guide-like transparent tube, but also can see why some people didn't like it, maybe including a removable earguide would be better;

Cons:
- Too much loose bass that sometimes ruins the presentation: there where times that the mids were sooo beautifully liquid, with an airy and wide presentation that everything i could think in my mind was "dear lord, please don't let the bass line start!";
- Some nasty driver flex on both sides during insertion, but none after they sit in my ears;
- Mic is too far away, would be better if they were slightly nearer the face, i use the cable passing inside my shirt and that way is hard to use the mic, also it gets more sweaty;

Some thoughts:
- Tighten that bass, reduce it by 1-2db and sell it as D3 for $39 and i'll insta-buy it;
- My last sports-oriented IEM was a Soundmagic EH11 and the D2 is MILES ahead in everything, really no contest here, the EH11 was 3M: Muffled, Muddy and a Mess; 
- For a slightly deeper fit, i don't push the tips till the end of the nozzle but use a small rubber ring made of some old tips to create a small spacer; 

The first three words that came in my mind when i think about the D2: Mids, Confort, Spacious

Overall: Don't regret buying them, best sports-oriented IEM I've ever had, a very good budget value sound-wise. If this was a review, i would give a 4/4.5 stars rating. 

Great assessment Leo
wink_face.gif

beerchug.gif

Jun 30, 2016 at 8:58 PM Post #441 of 492

Pros:
- Good set of acessories

Neutral:

Cons:

Some thoughts:

nice impressions mate. d2 is very good for the price

Jul 2, 2016 at 11:52 AM Post #442 of 492
cool.gif
Hey Guys, My review of the D2M is up:

http://www.head-fi.org/products/alpha-delta-d2/reviews/16364

Enjoy.

Thanx again Teo. You will be happy to know I "donated" these to a co worker who was in need of a Pair of IEMs. He will in fact be using these at the Gym so I may be able to pick his brain for some additional review material after he's had a chance to use them in a sports setting.

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Jul 2, 2016 at 12:03 PM Post #443 of 492

cool.gif
Hey Guys, My review of the D2M is up:

http://www.head-fi.org/products/alpha-delta-d2/reviews/16364

Enjoy.

Thanx again Teo. You will be happy to know I "donated" these to a co worker who was in need of a Pair of IEMs. He will in fact be using these at the Gym so I may be able to pick his brain for some additional review material after he's had a chance to use them in a sports setting.

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

enjoyed yr review!

Jul 2, 2016 at 12:11 PM Post #444 of 492
cool.gif
Thanx Audio.

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Jul 5, 2016 at 11:59 AM Post #446 of 492
I don't find them Balanced or slightly bright. I find them bass heavy and dark. Not Letv Reverse dark buy darker than my Maples

Jul 5, 2016 at 2:28 PM Post #448 of 492
Maybe I'll throw them on with the T71 when I get home and use my Letv for exercise. I think the D2 have about 50hrs on them

Jul 6, 2016 at 9:41 AM Post #449 of 492
Maybe I'll throw them on with the T71 when I get home and use my Letv for exercise. I think the D2 have about 50hrs on them

dynamic driver needs >200 hours imo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back