Alpha & Delta D2 Impressions
Sep 5, 2016 at 5:57 PM Post #466 of 492
Good my ears are not failing me. I'm starting to actually learn what I'm hearing is true, boomy bottom end with recessed mids that are clear but IMO have crap vocals, with clear highs. V-shaped strongly IMO. The bass is fun but the mid recession is too much for me, prefer my KZ ATE and TFZ 1S Fireworks over these

Try EQing the bass back a little.  Basically removes a lot of the comparative lower mid-range recession as well.  They then become quite upper-mid forward, and if you like that type of signature (I do), they really become quiet a nice overall package.

Sep 6, 2016 at 12:39 AM Post #467 of 492
Good my ears are not failing me. I'm starting to actually learn what I'm hearing is true, boomy bottom end with recessed mids that are clear but IMO have crap vocals, with clear highs. V-shaped strongly IMO. The bass is fun but the mid recession is too much for me, prefer my KZ ATE and TFZ 1S Fireworks over these

Another way to tone down the bass is to put the volume at a lower level via the volume control unit while pumping up the volume at your device to make up for the lower volume. This is because the volume control does not interface directly with the device. Instead, volume control is achieve by varying the resistor in the volume control unit. :)

Sep 6, 2016 at 12:51 AM Post #468 of 492
Another way to tone down the bass is to put the volume at a lower level via the volume control unit while pumping up the volume at your device to make up for the lower volume. This is because the volume control does not interface directly with the device. Instead, volume control is achieve by varying the resistor in the volume control unit. :)

I got the no mic version

Sep 18, 2016 at 1:26 PM Post #469 of 492

Does this mean the volume controls work on Android, unlike the volume controls on pretty much all other earphones?

Oct 17, 2016 at 12:39 PM Post #472 of 492
  Hi guys, sorry to assk this if this question has been answered before, is the D2M ios compatible or is it android base? Thanks

It's compatible with both because the volume control is done by a normal ponentiometer on the cable and not electrically by sending signals to the smartphone with volume up/down buttons.

Oct 17, 2016 at 12:57 PM Post #473 of 492
Still having a love/hate relationship with these. One moment they sound okay and the next they are terrible. The positioning of the nozzles makes this the most finicky IEM I've ever experienced to get a good fit with. Otherwise they are very comfortable.

Oct 17, 2016 at 1:02 PM Post #474 of 492
  Still having a love/hate relationship with these. One moment they sound okay and the next they are terrible. The positioning of the nozzles makes this the most finicky IEM I've ever experienced to get a good fit with. Otherwise they are very comfortable.

I'm not a SpinFit fan for about 97/98% of all in-ears, however with the D2 they (should) work quite well and give you a decent fit and angle.

Oct 17, 2016 at 6:09 PM Post #475 of 492
Gifted them to my gf to wear when sleeping. Got tired of the boomy bass and recessed vocals. Tennmak are the same price, have a more balanced and airy sound and replaceable cable. Only downside is not swear resistant

Nov 17, 2016 at 5:36 PM Post #476 of 492
Got my pair of D2 on the latest sale for $14 as I had a credit for $3 as well. Surprised at how bassy they were and agree that the fit can be picky esp. with shorter tips like the JVC(non-Spiral dot). I was told they need a good long burn in but I tried plugging in my BGVP "A" cable and that reigned in all the extra bass and I even use a slightly bassy EQ on my Cowon(Funk preset). Works so well as they are so cohesive and balanced now and the original bass boost hid and covered quite an impressive amount of bass quality and articulation and they are more airy and transparent now. Perhaps the best $14 I think I have spent on audio. Or maybe the BGVP cables are the best $11 I spent
bigsmile_face.gif
! No, as they don't automatically work as good with everything. Sometimes only marginally so I'll keep the kudos with the D2 for having the potential.

Still need to work on the finicky fit and there is driver flex on the right side but safe to say I won't be gifting these(at least this pair) as a Christmas gift, lol!

Nov 17, 2016 at 8:47 PM Post #477 of 492
Got my pair of D2 on the latest sale for $14 as I had a credit for $3 as well. Surprised at how bassy they were and agree that the fit can be picky esp. with shorter tips like the JVC(non-Spiral dot). I was told they need a good long burn in but I tried plugging in my BGVP "A" cable and that reigned in all the extra bass and I even use a slightly bassy EQ on my Cowon(Funk preset). Works so well as they are so cohesive and balanced now and the original bass boost hid and covered quite an impressive amount of bass quality and articulation and they are more airy and transparent now. Perhaps the best $14 I think I have spent on audio. Or maybe the BGVP cables are the best $11 I spent :bigsmile_face: ! No, as they don't automatically work as good with everything. Sometimes only marginally so I'll keep the kudos with the D2 for having the potential.

Still need to work on the finicky fit and there is driver flex on the right side but safe to say I won't be gifting these(at least this pair) as a Christmas gift, lol!

Congrats on the great price! This is a quite acceptable pair of IEM's; which I still use in my rotation of "workout" IEM's. Pretty heavy bass which can aide a workout anyway!:muscle_tone3:

Nov 17, 2016 at 8:49 PM Post #478 of 492
Gifted them to my gf to wear when sleeping. Got tired of the boomy bass and recessed vocals. Tennmak are the same price, have a more balanced and airy sound and replaceable cable. Only downside is not swear resistant

I would agree here, though I do still like the D2's. I like the Tennmak's a bit more thoug, for the reasons you stated. A more full sound, with enough bass to compete with the D2.

Although, I tend not to "swear" at them!:grimacing:

Nov 18, 2016 at 7:36 PM Post #479 of 492

That's what i do! :D

Dec 9, 2016 at 8:12 PM Post #480 of 492
My D2 are dead.  They still produce sound but it's shrill and without bass.  They did suffer hard gym use (in which my ears get very sweaty) but overall I'm disappointed; previously I've used IEMs that were not sport specific and they survived my gym visits for a longer duration.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back