Alpha & Delta AD01
Jul 12, 2015 at 11:06 PM Post #16 of 332
I should have my pair coming in today. Impressions coming later tonight.

giphy.gif

Jul 13, 2015 at 5:42 AM Post #18 of 332

XD omg 
I'm so sorry, forgot to write down anything when they arrived. So much for "tomorrow," huh? 
redface.gif

Anyways, I see the AD01 as a slightly more balanced version of the Brainwavz S5, as both employ a warm, V-shaped sound sig with plenty of low-end impact for those craving lots of bass. In fact, both share quite a few sound characteristics and I personally find the AD01 edging out the S5 by a reasonable margin so as to not outclass the S5 completely. Unlike the S5, they're not very responsive to eartip changes, which on the S5 can change quite drastically depending on the eartips used. The AD01's sound signature is quite consistent and doesn't change much with different eartips.

Overall I find no faults with the sound, although the bass is personally too boomy for me. For a $100 IEM, the accessories package is outright insane, rivalling if not outclassing even Brainwavz' offerings.

Jul 14, 2015 at 7:59 PM Post #20 of 332
Thanks @thatBeatsguy!

I should be getting these in today. I quite like the S5 and don't find them too boomy. Do AD01 have mo' bass than S5, or do you just not like the S5's bass quantity?

beerchug.gif

I actually do like the S5's bass quantity -- or rather, I loved it. I've listened to a lot of other IEMs over the past year, however, and you could say my tastes have changed quite a bit over time. I can say for sure, though, that the AD01 has less bass than the S5.

Jul 16, 2015 at 10:13 PM Post #21 of 332
I actually do like the S5's bass quantity -- or rather, I loved it. I've listened to a lot of other IEMs over the past year, however, and you could say my tastes have changed quite a bit over time. I can say for sure, though, that the AD01 has less bass than the S5.

I need to do some comparison listening, because from memory, the pair of AD01 I received have as much bass quantity as S5 but it's balanced towards lower bass whereas S5 has more mid bass.

I also take exception to the THL review where the reviewer said RHA MA750 have more bass than AD01. Again, from memory this isn't the case with the pair of AD01 I received.

Then again, I've been listening to the AD01 with my Fiio X3 Classic for the past couple days, so that could be responsible for my perception of mo' bass since X3 is pretty warm.

In fact, I just got back from camping with the wife and 2yo and 4yo boys :eek:

My brain is pretty fried, so comparison listening will probably wait until this weekend.

hakushondaimao: You've got AD01, MA750, and S0 (S5 surrogate) in house. Who's got mo' bass???

:beerchug:

Jul 17, 2015 at 7:27 AM Post #22 of 332
Okay what is the best way to get into contact with LMUE's?

It's been well over the delivery time by now and I'm not getting any response on my e-mails. Also the DHL track & trace system is down and I'm going on a vacation so there will be no one at the delivery adress for the next 2 weeks.

Jul 17, 2015 at 11:07 AM Post #23 of 332
Okay what is the best way to get into contact with LMUE's?

It's been well over the delivery time by now and I'm not getting any response on my e-mails. Also the DHL track & trace system is down and I'm going on a vacation so there will be no one at the delivery adress for the next 2 weeks.

TEOSJ

Users who are viewing this thread

Back