Alpha & Delta AD01
Jul 24, 2015 at 12:54 PM Post #46 of 332
Yeahhh, now THAT would be nice.
Also, front page without an overly positive review? Is this a miracle or what? :D

Booya, to you my man! Critical reviews are not only good for prospective buyers but to help out the manufacturer, although sometimes things we as individuals don't like are intentional choices on the part of the manufacturer.

Like when I hear really dark / warm / smooth cans. It makes me feel like I've got a marshmallow between the cans and my eardrums, but I know some people really groove on that sound signature. Like when the T10i came out and were mostly panned for being too bassy instead of clear. Now that T20 is released, it's easy to see RHA was just engaging in product differentiation. Maybe Alpha & Delta will go that route, as well.

I'd be interested in a hybrid with the AD01's bass dynamic driver in it. Something like a cheaper, improved TPEOS hybrid - no ginormous mid-bass hump, neutral mids, clear but not piercing high end, awesome detachable cable. TEOSJ? Hmm?

I'm going to write my review this weekend, and then the tour AD01 will be on their way...

I'll have to check yours out and see where we think alike.

:beerchug:

Jul 24, 2015 at 9:14 PM Post #47 of 332

Yeahhh, now THAT would be nice.
Also, front page without an overly positive review? Is this a miracle or what? 
biggrin.gif

Booya, to you my man! Critical reviews are not only good for prospective buyers but to help out the manufacturer, although sometimes things we as individuals don't like are intentional choices on the part of the manufacturer.

Like when I hear really dark / warm / smooth cans. It makes me feel like I've got a marshmallow between the cans and my eardrums, but I know some people really groove on that sound signature. Like when the T10i came out and were mostly panned for being too bassy instead of clear. Now that T20 is released, it's easy to see RHA was just engaging in product differentiation. Maybe Alpha & Delta will go that route, as well.

I'd be interested in a hybrid with the AD01's bass dynamic driver in it. Something like a cheaper, improved TPEOS hybrid - no ginormous mid-bass hump, neutral mids, clear but not piercing high end, awesome detachable cable. @TEOSJ? Hmm?

I'm going to write my review this weekend, and then the tour AD01 will be on their way...

I'll have to check yours out and see where we think alike.

beerchug.gif

Thanks mate. Appreviate it. I'm really hoping for a more audiophile-friendly sound sig from a future AD02, although the AD01's more bass-heavy route is a really nice choice for a debut IEM as it's more likely to rake in customers, audiophile or not, compared to other signatures. Kudos, @TEOSJ!

Jul 24, 2015 at 10:47 PM Post #48 of 332
Try wearing it around-the-ear. I guess that's why I don't notice any microphonics.
Alternatively, if you have an MEE M6 Pro, use the cable on it. :wink:  

Where can I buy this MEE M6 Pro cable? I've been out of touch for so long, never heard of this MEE before. Never intended to buy this AD01 too nor have any idea it exists until I saw the ad on Facebook. (Yup, those ads work and I bought it on a wimp) I've been very happy with my Etys and Koss 60ohm headphones.

Edit:

Jul 24, 2015 at 11:24 PM Post #49 of 332

Try wearing it around-the-ear. I guess that's why I don't notice any microphonics.
Alternatively, if you have an MEE M6 Pro, use the cable on it. 
wink.gif

Where can I buy this MEE M6 Pro cable? I've been out of touch for so long, never heard of this MEE before. Never intended to buy this AD01 too nor have any idea it exists until I saw the ad on Facebook. (Yup, those ads work and I bought it on a wimp) I've been very happy with my Etys and Koss 60ohm headphones.

As far as I know you can't buy the cable alone, but you can buy thoe whole package here:
http://www.meelec.com/M6_PRO_Musician_s_In_Ear_Monitors_p/ep-m6pro-cl-mee.htm

Jul 25, 2015 at 12:38 AM Post #50 of 332
  Thanks mate. Appreviate it. I'm really hoping for a more audiophile-friendly sound sig from a future AD02, although the AD01's more bass-heavy route is a really nice choice for a debut IEM as it's more likely to rake in customers, audiophile or not, compared to other signatures. Kudos, @TEOSJ!

I've been using AD01 quite often for the last few days, mostly with the upgrade cable and stock black silicon eartips. Probably brain adaptation, but now I don't feel that it is as bassy heavy as when I tried it for the first time at LMUE with the stock black cable. Now my ears tell me it is quite balance sounding 
normal_smile .gif
 Could be brain burn-in ?  Or my pair is not as bassy as the demo pair? Not sure. Just sharing my early impressions, that after a few days of using it, it sounds quite balanced.

Btw, what is your favorite eartips for AD01?  I saw your pictures mostly with the foam tips.

Jul 25, 2015 at 1:09 AM Post #51 of 332

I've been using AD01 quite often for the last few days, mostly with the upgrade cable and stock black silicon eartips. Probably brain adaptation, but now I don't feel that it is as bassy heavy as when I tried it for the first time at LMUE with the stock black cable. Now my ears tell me it is quite balance sounding 
normal_smile .gif
 Could be brain burn-in ?  Or my pair is not as bassy as the demo pair? Not sure. Just sharing my early impressions, that after a few days of using it, it sounds quite balanced.

Btw, what is your favorite eartips for AD01?  I saw your pictures mostly with the foam tips.

Honestly I'm not sure if it's brain burn-in, perception, or a combination of both, since in my case still not much of a difference if at all after clocking in at about 100 hours of listening time.

The eartips I used are, as is quite obvious, the foam eartips. + to comfort, + to isolation, and is probably the most balanced set of eartips I've tried on them so far. Then again, the rest of the eartips don't exactly offer that much better of a sound signature, unless I start to tweak with the fit and break the seal just enough to get rid of the bass a bit.

What are you using as a point of reference, though? Myabe our perception of the IEM may be changed because of what we've been listening to as comparison.

Jul 25, 2015 at 2:00 AM Post #52 of 332
  Honestly I'm not sure if it's brain burn-in, perception, or a combination of both, since in my case still not much of a difference if at all after clocking in at about 100 hours of listening time.

The eartips I used are, as is quite obvious, the foam eartips. + to comfort, + to isolation, and is probably the most balanced set of eartips I've tried on them so far. Then again, the rest of the eartips don't exactly offer that much better of a sound signature, unless I start to tweak with the fit and break the seal just enough to get rid of the bass a bit.

What are you using as a point of reference, though? Myabe our perception of the IEM may be changed because of what we've been listening to as comparison.

I haven't tried other eartips yet, so far only the black stock silicone eartips. My reference for tonality is DUNU DN-2000. To me, it is one of IEM with the flattest tonal balance. Yes, AD01 is bassier than DN-2000, but still within balanced category to me, and not really too bass heavy. At least with upgrade cable bass is less boomy and tighter.  Later I will check how many dB more bass between AD01 and DN-2000.

Jul 25, 2015 at 2:08 AM Post #53 of 332
@earfonia: I've got a lot of hours on the AD01, am still on the stock black tips, and don't find my perceptions have changed much since I started listening to them with the exception of them sounding different with different sources, but that's to be expected.  I think I've mentioned previously that I do think they sound more balanced with older recordings from the days before the loudness wars.  Their enhanced low end fills out those recordings very nicely.  With modern recordings, I use EQ to drop the lower bass a bit - depending on the recording and my mood.  I will say I like how the bass doesn't color the mids, so you can EQ out some bass without negatively impacting the basic sound signature.

Jul 25, 2015 at 2:16 AM Post #54 of 332
Hey guys, a big thank you to all of you for all the feedback. I will take in as much as I can and see how I can improve the product for the second batch. In response to the feedback on microphonics, I will be offering earguides soon to customers so that they can wear over the ear. This offer will be valid for customers who had previously purchased the items from us too. 

Jul 25, 2015 at 2:19 AM Post #55 of 332
  Hey guys, a big thank you to all of you for all the feedback. I will take in as much as I can and see how I can improve the product for the second batch. In response to the feedback on microphonics, I will be offering earguides soon to customers so that they can wear over the ear. This offer will be valid for customers who had previously purchased the items from us too. 

Good show @TEOSJ!

Although I don't really find the AD01 to be overly microphonic and find them quite comfortable to wear over ear without ear guides, I'm sure many will appreciate them!

Jul 25, 2015 at 3:23 AM Post #56 of 332
  @earfonia: I've got a lot of hours on the AD01, am still on the stock black tips, and don't find my perceptions have changed much since I started listening to them with the exception of them sounding different with different sources, but that's to be expected.  I think I've mentioned previously that I do think they sound more balanced with older recordings from the days before the loudness wars.  Their enhanced low end fills out those recordings very nicely.  With modern recordings, I use EQ to drop the lower bass a bit - depending on the recording and my mood.  I will say I like how the bass doesn't color the mids, so you can EQ out some bass without negatively impacting the basic sound signature.

I agree with you! Most probably due to recordings and players.
I've been listening more on classical, vocal, and some audiophile recordings that I believe not much affected by the loudness war. With modern recordings that has lots of bass pumping with minimum dynamic range, AD01 could sound bass heavy. But strangely, listening to Mombasa the track from the soundtrack of Inception, the bass is very good, not overpowering, yet strong and authoritative. The bass is really awesome, one of the strength of AD01 I would say.

Jul 25, 2015 at 5:45 PM Post #57 of 332
Picked up a set of these...and they are damn impressive sound wise. Not sure I can get used to the size of them though. I much prefer over the ear wear and these look ridiculous up. Soooo. We will see I suppose.

Jul 25, 2015 at 6:17 PM Post #58 of 332
Picked up a set of these...and they are damn impressive sound wise. Not sure I can get used to the size of them though. I much prefer over the ear wear and these look ridiculous up. Soooo. We will see I suppose.

Stop using your phone's selfie cam while walking around with your AD01 in and just enjoy the music :wink_face:

Regarding the size, they're double dynamics and both drivers have to fit in the same housing. I haven't met a petite double dynamic yet. In fact, I think the AD01 is pretty darn ergonomic for a double dynamic compared to offerings like the Havi B1 Pro and TTPOD T1E...

Jul 25, 2015 at 8:34 PM Post #59 of 332
Only problem is that I sleep in my IEMs occasionally. Not happening with these. Guess I'll have to keep my gr07BEs around after all. Haha.

Been listening to them all day and dang these things are impressive.

Jul 25, 2015 at 8:53 PM Post #60 of 332
Only problem is that I sleep in my IEMs occasionally. Not happening with these. Guess I'll have to keep my gr07BEs around after all. Haha.

Been listening to them all day and dang these things are impressive.

I'm not an IEM sleeper. If I sleep with something in, it's gonna be an earbud. Speaking of earbuds, VE Zen are Awesomesauce!!! If you're remotely interested in earbuds, try 'em :L3000:

I'm curious what you think of AD01 compared to your GR07BE. I haven't tried those but have VSD2 series, VSD3 series, and VSD5. I'm guessing the Vsonics sound warmer, with more mid-bass and lusher mids, but I could be wrong...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back