Alpha & Delta AD01: Lend Me Ur Ear's First IEM
Jul 8, 2015 at 11:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Tom22

Headphoneus Supremus
The AD01 is the first (of hopefully many to come) earphones made in collaboration between Lend Me UR Ears and a unknown chinese manufacturer.

It comes equipped with dual dynamic driver (9.8mm and 6.0mm) with detachable cables (an upgraded cable is also sold separately) along with replaceable earpieces that is interchangeable between the right and left side).

This is certainly a daring approach for their first earphone release. especially with interchangeable earpieces and a new "2mm DC plug" cables at the crowded $100 price range.

The AD01 comes in the stealthy all black and and the silver.

Edit- As of July 7,2015- the AD01 can be found on lendmeurears.com for $81 USD

I've decided to start a thread here to gather impressions and opinions from others, considering a lot of us (being head-fiers and all) shop on lendmeurears at one time or another, especially the last few years with the surge of these chinese companies making cheap, affordable, good performing gear.

I will post the list of reviews of the AD01 here:

I believe joker earlier today posted his review on the AD01, which he seemed take quite a liking towards, giving it his recommded 2015 seal of approval: http://theheadphonelist.com/headphone_review/alpha-delta-ad01-in-ear-earphone-review/

Below i will post my progression towards my final verdict on the AD01.

Here is my First impressions video!

Here is my unboxing video:

Below i will include some pictures i was able to gather of the AD01 (all credits to the original owners, i own none if the pictures, unless specifically stated).

Jul 18, 2015 at 11:56 PM Post #4 of 7
I got mine yesterday. 

When I first listened to it at LMUE store yesterday using the stock smaller tips (and my smartphone only), the piano timbre sounds a bit off to my ears, but back home after changing to other bigger tips in the bundle (with blue core) and a more decent DAP, I really like how it sounds.

Another thing to note is that AD01 has a warm characteristic which makes vocals sound full and natural to my ears. So, personally I wouldn't consider this IEM  v-shape at all. 

AD01 is definitely a keeper even though I find Dunu Titan 1 in my collection up to now still unbeatable in terms of clarity and airiness. 

Jul 19, 2015 at 2:12 AM Post #5 of 7
  I got mine yesterday. 

When I first listened to it at LMUE store yesterday using the stock smaller tips (and my smartphone only), the piano timbre sounds a bit off to my ears, but back home after changing to other bigger tips in the bundle (with blue core) and a more decent DAP, I really like how it sounds.

Another thing to note is that AD01 has a warm characteristic which makes vocals sound full and natural to my ears. So, personally I wouldn't consider this IEM  v-shape at all. 

AD01 is definitely a keeper even though I find Dunu Titan 1 in my collection up to now still unbeatable in terms of clarity and airiness. 

nice you got the silver ones! and the upgraded cable I see!

I quite like the aesthetics of the upgraded cable, but the stock cable matches my black pair of ad01

I think they complement the dunu titan 1 well,

the titan one is more balanced with a leaner sound (relative to the ad01)

the ad01 is quite warm, and your using the hybrid tips which warms up the sound a bit more (at least amongst the ones included in the bundle)

I'm currently using them with the double flange (which is a wider bore) and balances out the sound a bit more.

making the v shape response a bit more evident. they are certainly smooth with more a tilt towards the bass than the treble

but I find the treble to be a bit more upfront than the mids so far at least. so its not really congested or sleepy sounding

the lower mids have a nice tonality to it, warm and "natural" as you put it!

I'm still in the beginning phases with the ad01, I'll have to see if anything changes after more time listening to them.

Jul 23, 2015 at 5:50 PM Post #6 of 7
just updated with my first impression video! see my first post!

http://www.head-fi.org/t/773957/alpha-delta-ad01-lend-me-ur-ears-first-iem#post_11748710

Users who are viewing this thread

Back