ALO The Key USB DAC
Feb 19, 2014 at 12:07 AM Post #4 of 10
Its looks like shorter than m2tech hiface dac and cheaper too 
bigsmile_face.gif

Feb 19, 2014 at 8:57 PM Post #6 of 10
Can anyone share some comparison between the Texas Instruments PCM5102A DAC found in The Key compared to the Cirrus Logic CS4398 DAC found in The Island. I'm thinking it would be a better value to just get The Island since it has an amplifier as well.

Feb 19, 2014 at 10:35 PM Post #8 of 10
Interesting, I have a DF 1.2 shipping to me now, would be interested to compare it to this (curious as to whether the Alo The Key or Island will work with Android devices too).

Feb 20, 2014 at 6:07 PM Post #9 of 10
  Interesting, I have a DF 1.2 shipping to me now, would be interested to compare it to this (curious as to whether the Alo The Key or Island will work with Android devices too).

Don't know if The Key can be compared to the DF since it is just a DAC (or so I think) and probably lacks any kind of volume control.  It's intended to be used with a separate amp.

Feb 20, 2014 at 6:29 PM Post #10 of 10
I can see using this in a desktop setting where you have a dedicated amp (a Crack for me, thank you) and want a small DAC that you can keep out of the way - but it's hard to see why anyone would want separate DAC and amp in a mobile setting. I guess if you had to take your 384  files with you then this would be the thing.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back