ALO Six vous. Liquid Glass
Jun 21, 2018 at 5:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

quantx

100+ Head-Fier
Is the ALO Six vastly superior to Liquid Glass, or marginally so ?
Especially for difficult cans like HE1000.
And how does it compare with WA5 LE 2-nd Gen ?
Looking for advice/impressions here.

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2018 at 10:00 PM Post #2 of 7
Cavalli Liquid Glass = tube hybrid, but look at threads on Cavalli amps at head-case.org where they open up the amp and reveal the poor build quality and design. Not recommended. I was initially considering this, but went with something else instead.

ALO Studio Six = don't know too much about it myself, but I suggest sending a PM to @spritzer (ask about all of these amps) as he has dug into this amp as well. All I know is that DIYers who have used this amp consider it one of the worst designed tube headphones amps of all time, and they base these notions on objective facts like with Cavalli.

Woo Audio WA5-LE 2nd gen = SET 300B amp with tons of power, so a different flavor of amp than all of the above. Can't speak for the rest of its technical attributes though, you may want to ask people like spritzer about this one too since they have again cracked open these amps and learned everything about them. I was considering this amp myself, but ended up going with something else (Mjolnir Audio Pure BiPolar, a true top of the line headphone amp).

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2018 at 7:07 AM Post #4 of 7
The Mjolnir 2 definitely has dynamics, can't speak for refinement since I never owned one though. I think it's still a Class AB amp (someone correct me if I'm wrong) and won't be the last word in refinement, but the price is reasonable at least.

Jun 23, 2018 at 6:11 PM Post #5 of 7
The cavalli liquid glass has a tube input stage and a solid state output amplifier.

The ALO is an all tube amplifier with an output transformer.

Very different things.

Jul 26, 2018 at 4:56 PM Post #7 of 7
The cavalli liquid glass has a tube input stage and a solid state output amplifier.

The ALO is an all tube amplifier with an output transformer.

Very different things.

And as an amp designer yourself, what's your take on the ALO Six ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back