ALO Audio The National: The Continental's Younger Sibling (Review & Comparison to Rx MKII & TTVJ Slim)
Aug 29, 2012 at 7:21 AM Post #31 of 34
The Continental V2 gets warm but it's hardly what I would call hot, all of my solid state power amps in my 2 Channel, Multichannel setups are nuclear furnaces in comparison. As to the valve itself it's apart of a mil spec series, in my earlier days we were still using analogue VHF radio sets in Tanks that had valves and these things would be cooking 14-15 hours with massive vibrations through the chassis. Some valves are not as delicate as people think.

However for the pure traveller who uses an amp everywhere they go the national would give better peace of mind. But if most are like me, portable in a sense my listening position is just in many different static locations then the Conti is not a problem.

Dec 27, 2012 at 1:32 AM Post #33 of 34
This looks like maybe an inactive thread. But I'm interested in understanding the difference between the RXMkII and the National. I am also considering an O2 or C421. I use am iPod classic as a source and will be using grades in the living room and mad dogs in the office. Any recommendations or comparisons would be welcome.

Jan 3, 2013 at 1:41 AM Post #34 of 34
I own an ALO National amp too and really like the articulate midrange, punchy bass and details. But I do not like its bright sound sometimes compared to the dark signature of RSA SR71B I also own. I have tried to fix the bright signature of this amp by ordering different headphone cables like Toxic Cables Black Widow or Norse Audio Skuld 4 for the he400 or I might return to swap the Continental V2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back