ALO Audio Continental V3 Impressions and Appreciation Thread
Aug 10, 2013 at 1:39 AM Post #91 of 145
I seldom to use T1 for Radiohead song, so i can not comment on this. But "15 Steps" and "Reckoner" sounded so beautiful using my HD800 + Conti V3 
biggrin.gif
I will let you know later when i am home, i will fire up my T1 using some of my amps and let you know via PM 
wink_face.gif

Aug 10, 2013 at 9:32 PM Post #92 of 145
Quote:
I seldom to use T1 for Radiohead song, so i can not comment on this. But "15 Steps" and "Reckoner" sounded so beautiful using my HD800 + Conti V3 
biggrin.gif
I will let you know later when i am home, i will fire up my T1 using some of my amps and let you know via PM 
wink_face.gif

I look forward to hearing back from you! I'm about to lay down the cash on the T1's so hope the combo of those + the Glacier = Radiohead heaven! :)

Sep 7, 2013 at 11:22 AM Post #95 of 145
Having read this thread all the way through, I can't think of any reason to upgrade my Continental V2 for a V3.
Am I missing something?

Sep 8, 2013 at 11:37 AM Post #96 of 145
I cannot understand why ALO Audio does not make the Continental amp with the bass knob like they do with the Rx Mk3-B portable amp. Then this amplifier would really be something.

Sep 8, 2013 at 11:56 AM Post #98 of 145
Anyone experiencing channel imbalance with their Continental V3 using sensitive iems like the TG 334?

Edit: I contacted ALO and they were kind enough to arrange a new V3 for me. This new V3 had no channel imbalance.

Oct 25, 2013 at 10:53 AM Post #99 of 145
Would this amplifier make the HD650 sound faster or would they help the HD650 on faster, more complex tracks?

Nov 6, 2013 at 11:13 AM Post #100 of 145
I am using the Continental V3, with an iPod 5.5g with the RWA iMod. Using IEM it has absolutely no hiss, dead quiet, even right out of the box.
It did take a burn in for either the iMod or the V3 to come to life.

Nov 6, 2013 at 11:27 AM Post #102 of 145
I have aprox. 250 hrs., I would let the battery run out. The sound improved at the 200 hr mark.
I am presently using Monster Copper turbine, but I have JH Audio JH13 on order.

Nov 6, 2013 at 1:14 PM Post #103 of 145
I am using the Continental V3, with an iPod 5.5g with the RWA iMod. Using IEM it has absolutely no hiss, dead quiet, even right out of the box.
It did take a burn in for either the iMod or the V3 to come to life.

I have aprox. 250 hrs., I would let the battery run out. The sound improved at the 200 hr mark.
Ok beautiful thank you..I thought it was up there in hours and maybe even more..mine is starting to sound better too..I let the battery run out pretty much every time..I find it really works well with dynamic driver iems..well it depends on what you like to listen to too. I use my 535's and my w4r's and they sound really good..not a lot of ..let's say v shape sounding going on with this amp ..it is a very neutral amp for sure. But with my ie80's they just shine nicely with this amp..where the other two at times can sound a little too thin I guess is the word I'm looking for. . I hope that made sence. Lol ..I also loved the way it sounded with my coopers too..except I HATE that I keep Getting driver flex with them..drives me insane..it's too bad cause like I said I think this amp pairs really well with them and my ie80's..

Nov 8, 2013 at 5:47 AM Post #104 of 145

ALERT !
If the battery runs out, do not store the amplifier with an empty battery. If you do this regularly the battery life will be shortened. If it is drained and you do not intend to use the amplifier then make sure that you recharge the battery for at least half an hour. Similarly it is not good for the battery to be fully charged and then not used. The optimal level of the electrical charge of a battery that is not being used regularly, every 2 or 3 hours, is below the full charge level, something around 80%, that means 4 hour playing time if the amplifier is new and holds 5 and half hour of playing time charge. If you use the Continental sporadically, once in every few days or more, then keep the level of charge at around 2 hours of the playing time, let's say between 1 and 3 hours. Recharge the battery to full level before the use.
Take into account the impedances of the headphones that you use. The battery will discharge faster on the low impedance headphones and slower on the high impedance headphones. On Beyerdynamic T1, which has a 600 Ohm impedance, my over one year old Continental V2 lasts 5 and 1/4 hour and on 40 Ohm headphones it lasts at least half an hour less. 

Nov 8, 2013 at 9:37 AM Post #105 of 145
Thanks zorin for the info.
I have notice a slight decrease in battery life, aprox. one hour shorter.
Is the batter replaceable?
I was surprised the amp did not come with a manual!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back