ALO AKG701 Mod JenaLabs 18AWG Cryo
Mar 27, 2008 at 9:16 PM Post #17 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by FrederikS|TPU /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You sir are a very lucky guy with an empty wallet
biggrin.gif
. Nah seriously do a review of them once you receive them right here on head-fi please!

Yes, an increasingly empty wallet. How in the heck did I get hooked up with you crazy head-fiers?

Apr 1, 2008 at 2:59 PM Post #20 of 46
It's frustrating being on business travel this week, knowing that back at the office I have an unopened box on my desk containing the ALO JL18 710's!

Apr 1, 2008 at 3:58 PM Post #21 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by wfranklin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's frustrating being on business travel this week, knowing that back at the office I have an unopened box on my desk containing the ALO JL18 710's!

Hmmm... Where do you work??
wink.gif
evil_smiley.gif

Apr 1, 2008 at 4:50 PM Post #22 of 46
For me to know, for you to inquire (without a good response from me)!

Apr 1, 2008 at 6:11 PM Post #23 of 46
Quote:

Yes, an increasingly empty wallet. How in the heck did I get hooked up with you crazy head-fiers?

Hehe, don't know same happened to me after joining this site
smily_headphones1.gif

Crazy stuff, they sure look good. If they sound anywhere as near as good as they look they ought to be amazing :
biggrin.gif

Apr 1, 2008 at 6:40 PM Post #24 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by FrederikS|TPU /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hehe, don't know same happened to me after joining this site
smily_headphones1.gif

Crazy stuff, they sure look good. If they sound anywhere as near as good as they look they ought to be amazing :
biggrin.gif

I find it best to buy used and save some cash. Oh and BTW there is a pair on sale from a very nice member (sorry Ken but you know where the cash is going to end up anyway
smily_headphones1.gif
)

Apr 1, 2008 at 6:42 PM Post #25 of 46
The same cable on the ALO 780's has worked well for me. Some have termed it too inflexible, but it's flexible enough for my application (an office system with 2 amps), and easy to coil. Between the cable and the Furutech plug, much more substantial than the stock cable and plug (which i took issue of on the stock K701's when I first received them). Since I still have my stock 701's, I'm looking forward to being able to do a decent comparison between stock and ALO-mod'd.

Apr 1, 2008 at 6:43 PM Post #26 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by John2e /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I find it best to buy used and save some cash. Oh and BTW there is a pair on sale from a very nice member (sorry Ken but you know where the cash is going to end up anyway
smily_headphones1.gif
)

Ken has indicated that he won't be mod'ing used cans; only supplying as a mod with new 701's that he sells.

Apr 1, 2008 at 7:23 PM Post #27 of 46
Quote:

Ken has indicated that he won't be mod'ing used cans; only supplying as a mod with new 701's that he sells.

These are already modded by Ken.

They are 4 days old and are for sale for $450 shipped

Apr 1, 2008 at 7:29 PM Post #28 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by John2e /img/forum/go_quote.gif
These are already modded by Ken.

They are 4 days old and are for sale for $450 shipped

John, yours are HFI780? not the AKG701s I think.

Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Apr 4, 2008 at 8:45 PM Post #29 of 46
edit

Users who are viewing this thread

Back