Almost there! Isolation, clarity, relaxation.
Mar 24, 2014 at 7:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Sam-Fi

100+ Head-Fier
Hi, so I am really close to finding my next pair of headphones,

I have the DT1350 and the K172 as my kicking around headphones for isolation when I need it. They come soo close to perfect for my usage.

What I really want in my next pair of headphones is isolation and comfort. Now, as you can tell I do not mind just a little clamp and the on ear during usage but I'd like my next pair of headphones to meet these following requirements.

1) Isolation,

the dt1350 is slightly better at isolating but neither has the isolation I really need for my noisy tv watching roommate. I need some more isolation to really let me get in the zone on studying.

2) Smooth sound signature,

the K172 really excel in this area - the dt770 have a treble peak that is just exhausting I just want a phone that doesn't fatigue with slightly more bass than the k172 but with a clear and non-fatiguing sound signature

Notes: The most important is isolation, I wouldn't need these new phones over my others if I didn't have this need in my life for somewhat extreme isolation, my roommate, he watches home and garden television and it sucks. I am considering the Bose QC 15 for this reason. My ears are not compatible with IEMs (I may try custom IEMs on day) I prefer something over or around my ear to attenuate the sound. Big comfortable pads around my ears (circumaural) would be ideal. Big genre bandwidth and good with all types of material is important. The bass on the dt1350 is almost perfect I do not want a lot more bass than that. I really like the slightly forward treble, midrange, and the details of the AKG.

So putting all that together I don't think I have a good choice in cans, it's really hard to find headphones that make me smile, the denons and dt770 are off my list. I am willing to spend up to $300 for these mystery phones.

Thanks,
Sam

Mar 24, 2014 at 10:05 PM Post #2 of 5
Alright so there is no good answer to this predicament. I suppose I will just have to deal.

CIEMs are my only option really at this time. But anyway to get those for $300? I can add the audiologist expense separately ($100ish so I hear)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back