Almost but not quite...
Apr 23, 2008 at 1:09 PM Post #16 of 23
Indeed, I did. It might be possible even to trade a Woo6 for a Woo3 in the F/S forums. Some people think the Woo6 sounds better, and it may well, but the tube configuration of the Woo3 should provide more power.

Apr 23, 2008 at 1:11 PM Post #17 of 23
I'm not trying to say that there might be something not right with the amp, but since the 650/600's have the same impedance (300) and I have all kinds of volume with my 600's, although my 6 has been fully modded, that shouldn't make a diff in the volume output should it??. Thanks, Huck

Apr 23, 2008 at 2:14 PM Post #18 of 23
It seems hard for me to imagine a tube amp like the Woo6 not driving the HD650 to earsplitting levels. I have never owned a Woo6, but every tube amp I have (and I have 5 at present) has FAR more gain, even with mt 600 ohm DT990's, than I could ever possibly use.

Apr 24, 2008 at 3:27 AM Post #19 of 23
Can someone do me a favor? Go into itunes and right click a song and then "get info". Can you tell me what volume your songs are or should be at. I am wondering if this has anything to do with it. My songs are around -12db. I did not alter this in any way shape or forum. This is what itunes rips it to, so I never though anything of it.

Apr 24, 2008 at 12:03 PM Post #20 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by number1sixerfan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can someone do me a favor? Go into itunes and right click a song and then "get info". Can you tell me what volume your songs are or should be at. I am wondering if this has anything to do with it. My songs are around -12db. I did not alter this in any way shape or forum. This is what itunes rips it to, so I never though anything of it.

When you go to "view" and then "show equalizer" what is it set at....the equalizer's on by default....I have mine set on "manual" with all frequencies flat...You can then adjust all from -12 to +12. Mine is at "0"... If yours is at -12db I would think that will be your problem.

In my "get info" there's a volume adjustment under "options" ...all my songs are set to "none" where the adjustment is from -100 % to + 100% I think this more to adjust an individual song rather than your whole library..

Apr 24, 2008 at 3:12 PM Post #21 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Trapper32 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
When you go to "view" and then "show equalizer" what is it set at....the equalizer's on by default....I have mine set on "manual" with all frequencies flat...You can then adjust all from -12 to +12. Mine is at "0"... If yours is at -12db I would think that will be your problem.

In my "get info" there's a volume adjustment under "options" ...all my songs are set to "none" where the adjustment is from -100 % to + 100% I think this more to adjust an individual song rather than your whole library..

That's wierd as I do not use the equalizer...I will check on this when I get home.

Thanks

Apr 26, 2008 at 12:25 PM Post #22 of 23
Well I figured it out. It is most definitely the way itunes rips the file. Using Max(a ripper for mac), the db rating is around -5 which the woo has plenty of room for the hd650s and they can be ear splitting. I am curious as to why they are negative in the first place, but I guess I have to decide to re-rip my entire collection or get rid of the senns.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back