Allnic HPA-3000
Aug 19, 2014 at 3:10 PM Post #31 of 81
I would assume that the HE6 blows the HE560 out of the water (on HPA5000) :wink:

HPA5000 I suggest.  A very impressive animal !

Aug 20, 2014 at 7:47 AM Post #32 of 81
I would assume that the HE6 blows the HE560 out of the water (on HPA5000) :wink:

I'm not so sure about that. Based on my experience with HE-6, it requires a tremendous amount of power before it shows what it's capable of. Looking at the HPA-5000's specs, it barely has enough juice to drive the HE-6 to make it sing. That is why I've had much better results with high-end speaker amps than headphone amps of the same price. I'm willing to bet that the HE-560 will sound better than the HE-6 on the HPA-5000.

Aug 20, 2014 at 9:56 AM Post #33 of 81

this is true

and i was about to add.

the HPA 5000 and HE-6 combo is very good. and the HE-6 is the better headphone, tonally, and transparently. despite only having 5W, the HPA 5000 has no trouble with HE-6, it doesn't have the headroom a speaker amp will, but its a good pairing.

on other amps such as the WA5, the HE-6 also outperforms the HE-560.

Aug 20, 2014 at 11:20 AM Post #34 of 81

I'm not so sure about that. Based on my experience with HE-6, it requires a tremendous amount of power before it shows what it's capable of. Looking at the HPA-5000's specs, it barely has enough juice to drive the HE-6 to make it sing. That is why I've had much better results with high-end speaker amps than headphone amps of the same price. I'm willing to bet that the HE-560 will sound better than the HE-6 on the HPA-5000.

Well, I could do the following:
a) loan a HE-560 and try both headphones on the HPA-5000
b) buy an adapter for the HE-6 and try it on my TEM 3200,http://www.thorens.com/de/elektronik/verstaerker/tem-3200.html, (2x200W,8Ohm),http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/thorens/thorens.html,

How much would you bet .... :wink:

this is true

and i was about to add.

the HPA 5000 and HE-6 combo is very good. and the HE-6 is the better headphone, tonally, and transparently. despite only having 5W, the HPA 5000 has no trouble with HE-6, it doesn't have the headroom a speaker amp will, but its a good pairing.

on other amps such as the WA5, the HE-6 also outperforms the HE-560.

I agree to 100.000.000 %

Sep 10, 2014 at 2:26 AM Post #35 of 81
I'm cleaning out all my gears, including my prized HPA-3000 amp. For those of you interested, here you go.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/732677/price-drop-allnic-hpa-3000-in-mint-condition

Sep 21, 2014 at 5:37 PM Post #36 of 81
I'm cleaning out all my gears, including my prized HPA-3000 amp. For those of you interested, here you go.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/732677/price-drop-allnic-hpa-3000-in-mint-condition

I see on the FS pictures that you also have the SMYTH system !  Do you use it often ? is it really for serious audiophile listening or just for fun ? 

thanks

Sep 22, 2014 at 4:24 AM Post #37 of 81

I see on the FS pictures that you also have the SMYTH system !  Do you use it often ? is it really for serious audiophile listening or just for fun ? 

thanks

I use it all the time, for serious audiophile listening. I wouldn't spend $3K just for cheap thrill and kicks. There are many products, both hardware and software, that claim to do reproduce the 3D holographic sound of a speaker listening environment, but most of them are utter crap and severely compromise the sound quality... the Realiser is one of very few, if not the only (and surely the best) method there is out there that is capable of doing so.

However, there are still some trade-offs, which are not insignificant and for some could be a deal-breaker. The processing of sound by Realiser makes the sound become somewhat less intimate, slower response, and lacking in microdetail. I believe this is caused in part by using HDMI input and optical outputs of the Realiser, both of which are known to introduce a lot of jitter into digital audio. To make up for this, I use a reclocker (the MUTEC MC-3+ Smart Clock) which takes optical input, re-clock the signal to reduce jitter, and output via AES/EBU.

However, the overall change in sound that the Realiser brings is so huge that such differences become meaningless to me. I would say that adding a Realiser to any system drastically levels the playing the field, the differences in sound quality between systems become relatively mitigated by its binaural effect. Of course, that is not to say that headphones and amps become irrelevant when using the Realiser, because you will want to use headphones that are as revealing as possible to hear its full effect. And even if such differences do matter, I've been spoiled by the Realiser too much that I can no longer imagine listening to headphones without it.

Sep 22, 2014 at 4:35 AM Post #38 of 81
The reason I sold my HPA-3000 was because I wanted to downsize my system to invest in a new hobby, so I sold away all my headphones except for one headphone I consider the best of the bunch: the HD800. Since the HPA-3000 was a versatile headphone amp that works well with both low and high impedance headphones, I decided to sell it and opt for a less expensive amp that is optimized for high impedance headphones.

Now I own the ecp audio L-2, which many people (including Tyll of Innerfidelity) consider one of if not the best amps made for HD800. Surprisingly, when I brought the L-2 and listened the HD800 through it, I understood why it was a great amp for the HD800 but also felt that the HPA-3000 is on par with the L-2 when it comes to driving the HD800. The L-2 is softer and mellower, while the HPA-3000 is more open and airy sounding with a larger soundstage. Both amps are capable of taming the HD800's treble well, the L-2 slightly more so.

Sep 22, 2014 at 4:37 AM Post #39 of 81

I use it all the time, for serious audiophile listening. I wouldn't spend $3K just for cheap thrill and kicks. There are many products, both hardware and software, that claim to do reproduce the 3D holographic sound of a speaker listening environment, but most of them are utter crap and severely compromise the sound quality... the Realiser is one of very few, if not the only (and surely the best) method there is out there that is capable of doing so.

However, there are still some trade-offs, which are not insignificant and for some could be a deal-breaker. The processing of sound by Realiser makes the sound become somewhat less intimate, slower response, and lacking in microdetail. I believe this is caused in part by using HDMI input and optical outputs of the Realiser, both of which are known to introduce a lot of jitter into digital audio. To make up for this, I use a reclocker (the MUTEC MC-3+ Smart Clock) which takes optical input, re-clock the signal to reduce jitter, and output via AES/EBU.

However, the overall change in sound that the Realiser brings is so huge that such differences become meaningless to me. I would say that adding a Realiser to any system drastically levels the playing the field, the differences in sound quality between systems become relatively mitigated by its binaural effect. Of course, that is not to say that headphones and amps become irrelevant when using the Realiser, because you will want to use headphones that are as revealing as possible to hear its full effect. And even if such differences do matter, I've been spoiled by the Realiser too much that I can no longer imagine listening to headphones without it.

very very interesting ! thank you

by the way, since you sold you ALLNIC headphone amp, can you tell us what headphone amp you are using now ? don't you miss the HPA3000 ? 
wink.gif

Sep 22, 2014 at 8:03 AM Post #40 of 81

very very interesting ! thank you

by the way, since you sold you ALLNIC headphone amp, can you tell us what headphone amp you are using now ? don't you miss the HPA3000 ? 
wink.gif

Read my last post above. The amp I'm using now is the ecp audio L-2.

Sep 22, 2014 at 8:13 AM Post #41 of 81
Sep 22, 2014 at 9:45 AM Post #42 of 81
my review of Allnic HPA-5000 if anyones interested 
biggrin.gif

http://headphone.guru/allnic-hpa-5000/

Sep 22, 2014 at 10:19 AM Post #43 of 81
  my review of Allnic HPA-5000 if anyones interested 
biggrin.gif

http://headphone.guru/allnic-hpa-5000/

read it carefully and enjoyed it.   thanks

Feb 9, 2015 at 5:35 AM Post #45 of 81
Craig from Audio Heaven has told me he just got the first Hpa 3000 into Australia . Rrp is around 4k aud. Pretty good considering the exchange rate atm.

I'm too scared to demo it!!! Already got a Bakoon hpa-21.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back