allesandro vs grado?
Jan 2, 2004 at 1:49 PM Post #16 of 19
Quote:

Originally posted by Kirosia
Just an opinion. I'm no expert or anything, just saying a few words. Don't hurt me
frown.gif

Sorry if I came off as a bit harsh. It was not my intent.
biggrin.gif

Jan 2, 2004 at 1:54 PM Post #17 of 19
Quote:

Originally posted by Shang-Ti Chen
Joe... do you think M. S. Pro has more details and is more resolving than RS-1?

To my ears, the basic difference between the MS Pros and the RS-1s is in the lower midrange. The RS-1s exhibit a syrupy, thick quality in that region that is absent with the MS Pros. The MS Pros sound "cleaner" to me, hence they give the impression of being a bit more detailed. This holds true with all my amps except the RA-1. With the RA-1, the MS pros can sound a bit thin, while the RS-1s sound is very well balanced without the thick, syrupy lower midrange.

Jan 2, 2004 at 2:23 PM Post #18 of 19
Quote:

Originally posted by joelongwood
To my ears, the basic difference between the MS Pros and the RS-1s is in the lower midrange. The RS-1s exhibit a syrupy, thick quality in that region that is absent with the MS Pros. The MS Pros sound "cleaner" to me, hence they give the impression of being a bit more detailed. This holds true with all my amps except the RA-1. With the RA-1, the MS pros can sound a bit thin, while the RS-1s sound is very well balanced without the thick, syrupy lower midrange.

I noticed this as well, the RA-1 removes a certain dominating region in the sound, I know this for sure since on a few songs I now clearly can understand the lyrics, while before on my other amping the midrange was drowned out by bass.
This problem was only noticeable after getting the RA-1 however, I was not even aware that the midrange could be more clearer.....

No longer is there a need to "hear through" this hump, listening is more relaxed and easier.

May 9, 2004 at 3:23 AM Post #19 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by KR...
Having compared both the MS-2 to the SR325, I would say that the MS2 sounded cleaner to me aka not as warm. The MS2 sounded more balanced (highs, mids, lows) to my ears than the SR325. That said, they still sound like Grados
smily_headphones1.gif
If you wish that the 325's were a bit more tighter then the MS2 are the headphones for you. They both are just as forward and can sound just as bright if you have a sub par system.

so is the ms2 in essence a less bright sr325? if so, it might just be my ticket.
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back