Allen & Heath Xone XD2-53 vs Audio-Technica ATH-PRO700MK2ANV for DJ use...
Oct 17, 2012 at 9:17 PM Post #16 of 21
Well, the first thing you have to keep in mind is that the XD-53 are a custom version (differently tuned drivers) of the ATH-PRO700 (the model prior to the ATH-PRO700MK2), and while they certainly are quite loud, actually louder than most headphones I've seen so far, they aren't that detailed, and they do have some bass roll-off, although less than the original Audio Technica model.

It's a shame you can't stretch your budget enough to get the Pioneer HDJ-2000, those would be quite nice, but I do find the Ultrasone DJ1 a good alternative to them, and within your specified budget.

Oct 17, 2012 at 9:25 PM Post #17 of 21
I think you convinced me and I will try to find some more money to buy something better but I would like to try them before buy to invest so much money... I had tried the DTs from my university's studio before I bought them...

Oct 17, 2012 at 9:30 PM Post #18 of 21
Do keep in mind that higher pricing doesn't always translate into higher SQ.

It is a good idea to try out headphones before buying, as people hear differently. But mass informed opinions do help the buyer have a general idea of how a specific set might perform.

Oct 17, 2012 at 9:41 PM Post #20 of 21
You can find better sounding headphones for quite less money, that's for sure.

Oct 18, 2012 at 5:10 AM Post #21 of 21
Remember the sound qaulities are all subjective. I personanlly don't find the Pro700Mk2 muddied at all and find them to have some great forward sounding mids and highs. Certainly not as bright as some other headphones like the HFI-580 but certainly in no way unpleasant to listen to. I honestly prefer the sound to the 580's which I find a little too bright and harsh sounding in some circumstances. It all depends on whether you prefer a brighter, neutral or darker sounding HP.

At any rate, the best way to decide is to actually try all of them if possible. Otherwise just go with your gut :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back