All things Metrum Acoustics
Sep 1, 2023 at 10:37 AM Post #1,351 of 1,451
Are you following Cees’s FB profile for latest R&D ? Hoping to see his efforts in new lineup.
No, thank you. I shall go and look. Is he posting under his own name?

Sep 1, 2023 at 12:44 PM Post #1,353 of 1,451
just received Metrum's Newsletter containing, essentially, this:

"The audio products of both Metrum and Sonnet are produced in the same factory by the same team and share much of the same concepts and functionality. After two years of working side by side it is time to move in together and merge our companies with Metrum as the older, stable partner, and Sonnet as the fresh wind. On top of that, Acelec recently joined the crowd with our latest speaker. We feel that having three websites and three companies is not cost-effective and is confusing to our customers. So... we're launching our new website and will continue both the Metrum and Sonnet brands, with Metrum being our high-value product line for customers looking for the ultimate true-to-nature sound experience, and Sonnet our value-for-money line bringing high quality products at a very competitive price."

... as the website now reflects :relaxed:

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2023 at 1:59 PM Post #1,355 of 1,451
probably should of done this age's ago...... Glad they have though, far more optimistic! Dac 3 is brill!
Wish I had the confidence to upgrade. Still trying to sell my Adagio and move on. I can't give it away at the moment.

Sep 1, 2023 at 2:05 PM Post #1,356 of 1,451
Wish I had the confidence to upgrade. Still trying to sell my Adagio and move on. I can't give it away at the moment.
Don’t sell adagio imo. It still sounds very good. Don’t get blinded by new crop of dacs. Atleast get singxer su6 & try only NOS. I know you don’t believe in external HQP upsampling.

Sep 1, 2023 at 2:39 PM Post #1,357 of 1,451
....i did do a bit of tweaking on my audio setup to get the best sound from my Pavane Dac 3's after having Dac 2's. -Removed Mutec 3 + reclocker, using Ambre i2s direct to pavane and cd transport BNC direct, turned speakers in a bit, leaving Pavane on 24/7...I also have a tube pre amp which I think is very important for my ideal sound, the power amp is sold state.....

Sep 2, 2023 at 2:26 AM Post #1,358 of 1,451
I've read that now and the letter doesn't make any sense.

They describe how Metrum is the TOTL audiophile brand and Sonnet the value for money brand. Yet the products cost the same and the Sonnet DACs are arguably superior...

I don't see how they are going to reposition the brands to achieve their vision. They could kill the current Sonnet lineup, but that makes no sense.

No news on new products. Not even a suggestion that something is coming.

Confusing.
I certainly respect Cees' engineering, but from marketing point of view, the story of Metrum and Sonnet is just disaster. OK, some strange past decisions, which might have been forced for some hidden reasons (leaving Metrum, starting Sonnet, returning to Metrum), but why continue in this mess? The duality of Metrum and Sonnet doesn't make any sense. Lineups are so similar, basically competing each other. And now I read that Metrum is the premium brand? Why then Sonnet is in similar products more expensive? Sometimes one must admit his mistakes and make tough decesions. I think one of those brand should be terminated. Or at least should offer completely different product lines, but hell why under two brands, still no sense to me.

Sep 3, 2023 at 1:07 AM Post #1,360 of 1,451
... but hell why under two brands, still no sense to me.
There was unavoidable ‘history’ if you refer back in this thread. A set of very unfortunate circumstances particularly for Cees (and not only him). No hidden reasons. There’s mention below if not familiar - outlines some of those reasons (he was not being paid for any further development work either) :

https://6moons.com/audioreview_articles/sonnet2/

Ultimately a no-win situation has resulted.

Sep 3, 2023 at 2:54 AM Post #1,361 of 1,451
A set of very unfortunate circumstances particularly for Cees (and not only him). No hidden reasons

right! :relaxed:
what was happening back then has been reported here (in this very same thread, I believe) and on various local and international forums

on social media people shouts against facts they know nothing about (nor they care searching any insight before doing so): pity this behaviour now landed here too :rolling_eyes:

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2023 at 6:04 AM Post #1,362 of 1,451
right! :relaxed:
what was happening back then has been reported here (in this very same thread, I believe) and on various local and international forums

on social media people shouts against facts they know nothing about (nor they care searching any insight before doing so): pity this behaviour now landed here too :rolling_eyes:

So who is allowed to comment on the situation then?

Sep 3, 2023 at 6:35 AM Post #1,364 of 1,451
it is not about being allowed, it's about being useful to others: uninformed opinions are not
what's wrong with asking, instead of venting?

but... enough :wink:
I haven't seen venting, I've seen obvious questions posted. Hopefully we'll receive answers in time.

Sep 21, 2023 at 10:18 AM Post #1,365 of 1,451

Users who are viewing this thread

Back