All-round Headphones for Indoor use <US$100
Dec 9, 2013 at 10:04 AM Post #17 of 41
On Amazon, the UE6000 is $100,you can try them at Best Buy.

Nearest best buy is across the pacific ocean. On a more serious note, I know stores that have tester models but does amazon us ship electronics internationally? Can't really find anything on shipping on the amazon page..

edit: nevermind found the shipping policy, can be only shipped within the US

Dec 9, 2013 at 10:20 AM Post #20 of 41
I suggest you buy the Sennheiser HD 439. They have great soundstage which is very good for watching movies. As for music, it is great. It works better with certain genres that do not have a lot of percussion or electronic noises such as dub step. For example, country, classical and SOME rock. These headphones cost 79.99 and they are very comfortable. I mostly use them to watch movies with when I'm on the plane or in the car. 

The Good:
-Price
-Comfortability
-Soundstage (When watching a movie, it feels like you're really there, if someone is on the left of the screen, the voice comes out of the left side, and if they are in front of you or behind you, it sounds like someone is in front of you or behind you which is great)
-Durability (just don't throw them around)

The Bad:
-The ear cups are a felt like material, so i suggest getting the leather ear cups
-Open Back meaning other people can hear what you're listening to
-Bass. The bass is realistic bass and not emphasized bass that you would get from beats or v-moda.

Dec 9, 2013 at 10:45 AM Post #22 of 41
  Can't find em :/, I've been looking to try the DJ 100 for awhile now. Can't even find a store that stocks koss.

Amazon has them.  Where are you?  You could always try Amazon in whatever country you're in.

BTW, am listening to the Monoprice now.  It is a real good for headphone around $20.  Very comfortable and neutral sounding headphones.

The Koss PortaPro's are warmer and have more bass.

Dec 9, 2013 at 11:10 AM Post #25 of 41
Hong Kong. The stores close to me don't stock koss and I haven't had time to go elsewhere. From what I've seen online though, the big shops I'm familiar with don't stock it.

Dec 9, 2013 at 11:37 AM Post #26 of 41
HONG KONG, whoa. There should be plenty of gear for you!

Look into a Sound Magic HP 100 it's $200 new, but you might find it cheaper in Hong Kong or if u try it used ere at Head fi, there is also... I think it's SuperLux... SuperLux makes some nice headphones for around $100 or so... hopefully some one who has tried a lot more of the Sub $100 headphones can help you, I also like the Koss DJ 200 if you can find it. THe Koss DJ TBSE is another good option as is the DJ 100

The Shure 440 is also another good option. 

Dec 9, 2013 at 11:44 AM Post #27 of 41
Do you know where you can find HP100s in hong kong? the local distributor doesn't stock them. As far as I know, the place that stocks superlux's is really far away form my house.. I like the 440s and like i said before, can't really find much koss, maybe i'm not looking hard enough.

Dec 9, 2013 at 12:34 PM Post #28 of 41
Hi,

You should also consider Gemini HSR-1000 (Takstar Pro 80).

Best Luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back