All pictured - Sony Qualia 010
May 23, 2005 at 11:22 AM Post #16 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by HiEnd-Audiophile
Thanks Mr Sun,
Great pics.
Just received my pair of Qualia 010 and Qualia EXQ1 a few weeks ago.
Most impressed by their excellent build quality.

Agreed- those are excellent pics! I'm also waiting to read your impressions on your new Qualia 'phones. I'd say it should be something like 150 max hours of burn in before you get the most out of them. That's about a week, isn't it?
And, yeah, I'll throw in my vote for you to post pics of your new uberphones...

Bring on the eye candy!
biggrin.gif
Abe

May 23, 2005 at 12:58 PM Post #18 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimitris
I wish they were running around $500 so that i could try them!
biggrin.gif

Then you should check out the Sony SA5000, SA3000, or SA1000(I'm getting this model very soon, yay!). They are all designed off the Qualia 010 principle, and are pretty well regarded.

biggrin.gif
Abe

May 23, 2005 at 1:22 PM Post #19 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by D-EJ915
O_O!! Are you kidding? A few weeks is kind of rediculous.

I wish that I could apply my sense of humour in the ever-challenging task of proper burning-in audio equipment…but sadly NO!

Don’t laugh, but it did took a continuous 3 months 24*7 burn-in for my pair of AKG K1000 and up to 1 year of regular burn-ins to sound truly fluid. But this is nothing compared to burning in my pair of Project K2 speakers…in short, there is no shortcuts, all you need is patience.

For those others who are interested in my brief impression of the Qualia 010, I have posted my humble view on this thread:
http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=111164

For those who have requested for pics of the Qualia 010, I shall try my best to put together some nice pics shortly. Unfortunately, the battery pack for my digital camera (D1H) is temporarily out of action. I have placed an order with my supplier for two new packs, and they should be arriving in a few weeks time. Hopefully by then, I would be able to satisfy you all with the EXQ1 and 010 pics. Cheers!
orphsmile.gif

May 23, 2005 at 9:32 PM Post #20 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by HiEnd-Audiophile
I wish that I could apply my sense of humour in the ever-challenging task of proper burning-in audio equipment…but sadly NO!

Don’t laugh, but it did took a continuous 3 months 24*7 burn-in for my pair of AKG K1000 and up to 1 year of regular burn-ins to sound truly fluid. But this is nothing compared to burning in my pair of Project K2 speakers…in short, there is no shortcuts, all you need is patience.

I always think part of the fun of getting new equipment is that they change their sound over time,...maybe it's just me, but I like that change and to hear it. It's the main reason why I buy new stuff. Anyway, props to you to avoid listening to new stuff for so long, lol.
eggosmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back