All Over Great Headphones(Suggestions)
Dec 25, 2008 at 5:13 AM Post #16 of 33
Hahahahahaha

#2: Keep saving and buy a plane ticket to a country where headphones are cheap and plentiful.

Like a country where Denon 2000's grow on trees and such...! =O I could bring one back to NZ. Fack Yeah? Haha..

I hada a look on the forums and I saw Audio Technica ES7's they look pretty farking good aye? Apparently they sound good too. I can pick em up from the apple shop for $250. Proberly a bit pricey at the moment.

Bugger Much?

Dec 25, 2008 at 9:38 AM Post #17 of 33
The ES7 is a rather agressive sounding portable, wouldn't recommend this unless you belong to the heavy metal fraction. 250$ is way overpriced for them if you can get a fullsized for 300ish.

For hiphop, things have to sound fat & cool, if you want a provisorical budget solution, the AKG K518 might serve you well.

Dec 25, 2008 at 9:54 AM Post #19 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by Millsie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh really?

What headphones do you suggest then? Just for all around music use and gaming.

Koss KSC75.
cool.gif

Dec 25, 2008 at 11:43 PM Post #21 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by nickchen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For hiphop, things have to sound fat & cool, if you want a provisorical budget solution, the AKG K518 might serve you well.

I completely didn't see this part of the reply! I found some of these headphones for $129 NZ.. Are they actually that cheap? Are they good sounding headphones?

Dec 26, 2008 at 12:37 AM Post #22 of 33
Fairly good...for the price. They rival candidates that cost more than twice as much (they sound better than the ES7 IMO). They offer a big bass that is not everybody's cup of tea (but is exactly what you need for hiphop), worldclass mids (for a closed supraaural) and acceptable treble. Build quality "indestructable", comfort can be an issue.

Dec 27, 2008 at 9:56 AM Post #24 of 33
Awesomeness. So you reacon Either a
AKG K518
HD 280
Mayybe the Audio Technica ATH-AD 700 bit pricey though.

Is it correct to say that all closed 'phones have bearly any bass ?

Thanks

Dec 27, 2008 at 10:05 AM Post #25 of 33
No.

Dec 27, 2008 at 10:30 AM Post #26 of 33
Hey dude, I'm from NZ too, happen to be looking for some headphones as well and I know how you feel about the price + availability in NZ
frown.gif

I was looking at the ES7 as well earlier today, check out this site, around $170nz + free shipping
smily_headphones1.gif

You found any shops for headphones in NZ yet? Cuz right now I'm resorting to ordering online by the looks of things
frown.gif

EDIT: If you want a mic these are apparently decent, dunno about the bass on them though...

Dec 27, 2008 at 1:09 PM Post #27 of 33
Duuuudee meean.. I'd hate to say but I think those headphones prices are in Auzzie currency.

Well, (In New Plymouth ) Theres a shop called "The Rock Shop" and they sell headphones unfortunatly its pretty small so they don't actually keep the headphones in stock.. Bugger much?

Sweeet Thanks dude I'll have a look into 'em.

The AKG K518 are apparently bassy and quite cheap too coming in at $130 + Postage.

What headphones are you looking for?

Quote:

nickchen No.

Suggest closed 'phones with good bass. Pwease?

Dec 27, 2008 at 1:14 PM Post #28 of 33
Again, now you have some great suggestions here.

Go out and find a store that sells HIFI headphones and try em.

If you have never had a HIFI headphone before, its unlikely you have heard tight, fast and awesome bass that an Open Air provides, maybe you won't want loud boomy bass after hearing that.

Maybe you like boomy bass and discover you like Bose instead? Triports are 150 Bucks now.

Maybe you like the HD280s.

Fall in love with the DT770s, and decide, yeah its worth it to wait and save for these instead.

You really just gotta try out different headphones until you find what you like!

Dec 27, 2008 at 1:53 PM Post #30 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by Millsie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Duuuudee meean.. I'd hate to say but I think those headphones prices are in Auzzie currency.

yeah I know man, that's why I converted it for you
wink_face.gif

The ES7's were listed at $149.00 aussie on the site.

The site has free shipping to Australia + New Zealand, that's why I'm quite keen on it, the prices seem pretty fair from what I've compared so far too
smily_headphones1.gif

They also offer a 20 day trial/credit period, which if you don't like the headphones you can return them within 20 days for store credit (not as good as a refund but hey, not everyone's the warehouse :p)

god I'm started to sound like a salesman for those guys, I seriously haven't found a better place to order some cans from yet (still looking also), tell me if you do
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back