All NEW WhipMOD and WhipLOD; the next audiophile iPod 5.5 generation Modification!!
Feb 17, 2011 at 11:58 PM Post #166 of 259
I should start complaining, then perhaps I'll get my shipment today. LOL. btw jeffinator when did you order your whipMOD?
Quote:

In what can only be described as "cosmic irony," a box from Whiplash Audio arrived at my desk at work less than an hour after I posted this.
smily_headphones1.gif

Although the box did not contain my WhipMOD, it did contain my TWag v2 cable, so now I have something to burn in!

And better yet, now it'll be *hours* at least before I can start complaining again.
blink.gif

Feb 18, 2011 at 12:19 AM Post #167 of 259
I know guys I need to get to everyone and I have been not even close from perfect.....

No excuses, I need to communicate. 

All I ask is your cooperation as I try to get things detailed and communicated. I cant fix the past and make up excuses. All I can do is provide what I know and move on. This includes the fact that certain customers were communicated to me that their orders were shipped and apparently not.

PLEASE DO NOT USE this thread to indicate your status since I do not want to miss anything. 

I need to go through and look at what was handled and not.

Craig

Feb 18, 2011 at 12:33 AM Post #168 of 259
Craig, thanks for your sincere sentiment in wanting to get back to all of us. Many people close to me happen to be small business owners as well and I thoroughly understand how difficult it can be sometimes, especially since most of the time it's only you or one other someone involved in every single aspect of the business. 

As per what you said, I've e-mailed you/Mike some days back. I understand that you guys are real busy so please reply me only when it's convenient for you. I've been waiting for almost 3 months so a few days or weeks won't matter. :)

Thanks!

Quote:
I know guys I need to get to everyone and I have been not even close from perfect.....

No excuses, I need to communicate. 

All I ask is your cooperation as I try to get things detailed and communicated. I cant fix the past and make up excuses. All I can do is provide what I know and move on. This includes the fact that certain customers were communicated to me that their orders were shipped and apparently not.

PLEASE DO NOT USE this thread to indicate your status since I do not want to miss anything. 

I need to go through and look at what was handled and not.

Craig

Feb 18, 2011 at 1:13 AM Post #169 of 259

Quote:
It's not about instant gratification as much as it is communication and expectation management. If I order a product listed as "in stock" on the Whiplash Audio website, I should expect to get it in a reasonably short time frame—not weeks or months.

I'm not a 5 year old; I can wait as long as I'm told to wait. Just set up appropriate expectations when I order, and tell me something different if those expectations should change.

I certainly understand the motivation behind listing products as immediately available: it makes people order. I myself might've ordered an iMod (which was in stock at the time of my WhipMOD order) had the WhipMODs been listed as having multiweek or -month lead times.

This...

while I don't have a horse in this race, I would like this to be implemented by all businesses here on head-fi.

and while Craigs honest confession of his shortcomings in the orders and taking on the responsibility is welcome, a better way would be to actively take actions to address the issue.
as of right now, the site still shows whipmods to be in stock, which considering all the backlogs on orders here on head-fi, is at best misleading, and at worst deceptive. 
While everyone symphatisez with the difficulties of owning a small business, nevertheless having a business comes with its own responsibility - as well as having an internet site to advertise and sell your products. 

Such incidents are becoming more and more common here with businesses here on head-fi (ex JH audio, Alo algorythm etc.). and too often there are apologist pointing out the difficulties etc. defending these businesses. the problem with this logic is we end up with a level of professionalism that we ourselves set by accepting and excusing such customer service...

Feb 18, 2011 at 1:33 AM Post #170 of 259

Quote:

This...

while I don't have a horse in this race, I would like this to be implemented by all businesses here on head-fi.

and while Craigs honest confession of his shortcomings in the orders and taking on the responsibility is welcome, a better way would be to actively take actions to address the issue.
as of right now, the site still shows whipmods to be in stock, which considering all the backlogs on orders here on head-fi, is at best misleading, and at worst deceptive. 
While everyone symphatisez with the difficulties of owning a small business, nevertheless having a business comes with its own responsibility - as well as having an internet site to advertise and sell your products. 

Such incidents are becoming more and more common here with businesses here on head-fi (ex JH audio, Alo algorythm etc.). and too often there are apologist pointing out the difficulties etc. defending these businesses. the problem with this logic is we end up with a level of professionalism that we ourselves set by accepting and excusing such customer service...

I cant agree with you more....

But simply taking my product from in stock to out of stock does not solve much. In fact I only have a few orders that were placed through my site.

There are about 75 dependencies (guessing)  on releasing a product like this. We receive confirmation on items shipped and in fact let down to what was received whether its a quality issue, etc. AND each dependency has their own dependencies. Its a snow ball effect,.

I can stop all new orders coming in. But what is funny, is that all indications point to the fact that the product will have everything it needs next week. I have gone down this path so many times which forces me to assume that there will be something wrong.

So, like I said, I i will do my best and that is all I can do. If I loose orders, than I loose orders. If I try and solve the problem than I solve the problem. 

We are in a niche market with very low purchasing power. We cant move mountains because of this. This includes all of the above products mentioned above. 

So, I will stop explaining myself and put my efforts to more important things, solving the problem. 

Feb 22, 2011 at 3:51 PM Post #171 of 259

Quote:
I cant agree with you more....

But simply taking my product from in stock to out of stock does not solve much. In fact I only have a few orders that were placed through my site.

There are about 75 dependencies (guessing)  on releasing a product like this. We receive confirmation on items shipped and in fact let down to what was received whether its a quality issue, etc. AND each dependency has their own dependencies. Its a snow ball effect,.

I can stop all new orders coming in. But what is funny, is that all indications point to the fact that the product will have everything it needs next week. I have gone down this path so many times which forces me to assume that there will be something wrong.

So, like I said, I i will do my best and that is all I can do. If I loose orders, than I loose orders. If I try and solve the problem than I solve the problem. 

We are in a niche market with very low purchasing power. We cant move mountains because of this. This includes all of the above products mentioned above. 

So, I will stop explaining myself and put my efforts to more important things, solving the problem. 

yea ppl need to understand that our niche is tiny.  no one else i know personally know anything about headphones, during my commute, i rarely see any headphone/earphone that is worth mentioning. etc. because of that, 1/2 man/person companies that service our niche are at the mercy of their suppliers who really could care lessa bout their production.

Feb 24, 2011 at 5:24 AM Post #172 of 259
I am too waiting for my whipmod + fatboy! Been two months since I ordered it.

Having a custom with the twag om cable and iqube v2 portable amp without any portable player is an epic fail
frown.gif

Feb 25, 2011 at 4:33 AM Post #174 of 259
buying another one just for the meanwhile is such a waste!

I believe whipmod is the blood and sweat of Craig and it is no doubt a very good high end portable audio player.
Nonetheless a product, however good it is, is just nothing when I don't even get to use it.

if Craig doesn't hurry up I may have to change my entire portable set up and go for sony player...

Feb 25, 2011 at 7:02 AM Post #175 of 259
Hey fellow friend from the tropical island, sending you a PM right now. :)

Quote:
buying another one just for the meanwhile is such a waste!

I believe whipmod is the blood and sweat of Craig and it is no doubt a very good high end portable audio player.
Nonetheless a product, however good it is, is just nothing when I don't even get to use it.

if Craig doesn't hurry up I may have to change my entire portable set up and go for sony player...

Mar 2, 2011 at 7:18 AM Post #176 of 259
Maybe we can do a poll to see the average waiting time for those who have ordered Whipmod.

So far from the information I have gathered here, the following head-fiers have been waiting for:

ALL EARS - 6 Months
asphyxiation - 3 Months
uelover - 2 Months
HelloHell - 3 Weeks

Length is as of 2nd Mar 2011.

Do add on to this list!

Mar 2, 2011 at 7:22 AM Post #177 of 259
We have made serious progress over the last weekend with the new parts from a different distributor...

So, the plan is to have units start to ship the mid to end of next week!!!

At this point, it's a go....

Craig

Mar 3, 2011 at 12:26 PM Post #178 of 259

Quote:
We have made serious progress over the last weekend with the new parts from a different distributor...

So, the plan is to have units start to ship the mid to end of next week!!!

At this point, it's a go....

Craig

Thank you Craig!! Now I'm really excited, again!

BTW I just send you a PM. Looking forward to your reply.

Cheers,
Ian

Mar 4, 2011 at 3:04 AM Post #179 of 259
Quote:
I should start complaining, then perhaps I'll get my shipment today. LOL. btw jeffinator when did you order your whipMOD?

I ordered January 18th. Apologies; thought I'd replied to this question already.

Mar 4, 2011 at 10:48 AM Post #180 of 259
No worries! :) Just wanted to have a gauge of how long some of us generally waited for the venerable whipMOD.

@Craig: thanks for the update! Can't wait! :D

Quote:
I ordered January 18th. Apologies; thought I'd replied to this question already.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back