All NEW WhipMOD and WhipLOD; the next audiophile iPod 5.5 generation Modification!!
Jan 7, 2011 at 11:06 AM Post #136 of 259

Quote:
I don't know that we can be so sure that the WhipMOD isn't selling as expected.  The number of posts about a product on Head-fi isn't always a great indicator, since I hardly see posts about the iMod anymore but (based on a meet I went to and general feeling)--the iMod seems like one of RWA's best-selling products.

In any event, the WhipMOD has been a very good purchase for me.  The ability to choose from 240gb of FLAC, WV, APE, and M4A files (with Rockbox) is something that no other player can offer.  While the WhipMOD's sound quality may not match the HM-801's (especially with the full-size cans I have), it's still excellent.  Portability is definitely an advantage; the Whip plus a portable amp is more compact than the HM-801, plus you have the option to use the headphone out.  And while I'm gradually moving away from Apple products, everyone has hardware to support them so it's nice to be able to play it on a friend's iPod stereo dock, or using the line-in of a car stereo (an awesome way to hear the power of the TWag Elite Reference LOD).

For me, the Whip makes the most sense if you have a huge library of music in a variety of formats and not much time/opportunity to rotate the music on your player.  The 240GB+Elite Ref LOD combo may be a bit of a luxury combo, but if you're like me and you travel a lot and get quickly tired of hearing the same songs, it's far preferable to swapping out SD cards or rotating between several old iPods.

lol.. unfortunately I pretty much share your view, which is why I soooo hope that the price could come down a little so it can be affordable for all. 
frown.gif

Jan 7, 2011 at 6:27 PM Post #137 of 259
Having dropped a significant amount of cash on both an imod and whipmod, this is a 
Very interesting topic on the imod/whipmod oroducts. This is worthy of a separate topic to get other head fi'ers opinions.

Jan 7, 2011 at 6:31 PM Post #138 of 259

Quote:
Having dropped a significant amount of cash on both an imod and whipmod, this is a 
Very interesting topic on the imod/whipmod oroducts. This is worthy of a separate topic to get other head fi'ers opinions.

so whats your verdict comparing the imod vs whipmod?
and overall value considering the cost?

Jan 7, 2011 at 11:24 PM Post #139 of 259
I have only owned the whipmod so I cant compare it to anything else. im in heaven with this thing. this thing and the ttvj slim are not big and bulky. I like the interface of an ipod and the storage capacity.

Jan 8, 2011 at 6:25 AM Post #140 of 259
I owned both and was happy with them, but is it worth the price? In hindsight, no. I think the difference is so subtle that it would be very difficult to justify the price. I have since sold both, but do own two pair of custom IEMs and the Whiplash OM replacement cable, which I think has made a huge difference.

I started a new thread on this topic as I think it is worth soliciting other head fi'er opinions.

Jan 8, 2011 at 7:13 AM Post #142 of 259

Quote:
I owned both and was happy with them, but is it worth the price? In hindsight, no. I think the difference is so subtle that it would be very difficult to justify the price. I have since sold both, but do own two pair of custom IEMs and the Whiplash OM replacement cable, which I think has made a huge difference.

I started a new thread on this topic as I think it is worth soliciting other head fi'er opinions.

will check as I am also thinking if its worth it or not, now that I have a 5.5 gen ipod..

Jan 8, 2011 at 7:14 AM Post #143 of 259

Quote:
how do you order both the whipmod and whiplod for the 50 dollar off? there is no option is there?

send Craig (whiplash - OP) a PM to ask if and how you can get it. 

Feb 12, 2011 at 12:54 AM Post #146 of 259
Quote:
I have to keep reminding myself to be patient.  Having ordered one, the wait is unbearable, lol.

How long have you been waited? I've been waiting for my WhipMod + Fatboy for over 2 weeks...

I know you are super busy Craig... But please at least answer my email if you have time.

Thanks,

Ian

Feb 13, 2011 at 3:35 PM Post #147 of 259

Quote:
Quote:
I have to keep reminding myself to be patient.  Having ordered one, the wait is unbearable, lol.

How long have you been waited? I've been waiting for my WhipMod + Fatboy for over 2 weeks...

I know you are super busy Craig... But please at least answer my email if you have time.

Thanks,

Ian

Ian,
I have been waiting for almost 6 months now ! Excuses is what i have gotten ,The cables were sent, to "yours is coming monday", "Your paper work was lost in the shuffle" Customer Service emails not answered, PM's not returned !
i Really feel like i am getting the end of the stick here-!!, I do not know what to do. i have waited long enough $700 later and all i have
is a whipLod, Two replacement IEM cables for my JH13's, One of those Replacement cables i did not even order !!! i have explained to Craig
in PM's and i am not getting anywhere. At one time Craig had mentioned he was having problems with his vendor that helps with or produces the 
Whipmods, I am wondering if something happened to my ipod then? All i want is the product i paid for or make it right some how ,Be the good company Whiplash Audio is, Reply to your customers who put money into your business, All i want is a fair deal if something really bad has happened,like my WHIPMOD WAS SHIPPED TO SOMEONE ELSE BY MISTAKE, CAUSE I GOT SHIPPED TO ME A VERY EXPENSIVE
TWAG 60'' REPLACEMENT CABLE, I DID NOT PAY FOR !! THATS THE ONLY THING I CAN THINK OF. 
Ian i hope this dose not happen to you, i had to put this out there hopefully Craig will Respond to me , Really this has gone to far.
ALL EARS 
confused.gif

Feb 13, 2011 at 7:12 PM Post #148 of 259
Sorry to hear about your experience. I have the whipmod+fatboy+twag combo and had no problems with my order. I was one of the first who ordered. However, a few months back i was in contact with craig bout trying something for my car as far as getting more audio products. We exchanged some emails and he said he would look into some stuff more me. Over a span of like a month i think i emailed him like 7 times regards to placing an order. I never got a single response. I felt like the fat girl at the party. The whole time I'm trying to spend $ with the guy, and i cant even get a response. Looking back they saved me money not responding. I just wonder if the service is going down. Luckily i have everything working fine because. Don't even want to know what will happen if i need to fix something. Maybe he left the company or something. Maybe someone else can help you.

Feb 13, 2011 at 7:36 PM Post #149 of 259
Wow that sucks ALLEARS, it reminds me of what I have/am going through with another cable manufacturer 
angry_face.gif

My saga is not ready for public consumption yet, but the shipping lies have made me register a Paypal dispute. My vendor keeps telling me it has shipped, but won't respond to my request for some kind of verification and this was a few weeks ago. It was less money and I didn't send away an iPod , but the lies continue; this is the dark side of our hobby. It's not always intentional as sometimes things "just happen" to/with these boutique companies but the results are the same when this happens. As they say about the Road to Hell...

Anyways you struck a nerve; I sincerely hope that it all works out for you.

Feb 14, 2011 at 12:20 AM Post #150 of 259
Dunno what's going on over at whiplash, whatever happened to the new customer service guy and the custserv email that appears to be dead, but I'm experiencing pretty much the same thing

Users who are viewing this thread

Back