ALL NEW: TWag v2 OM IEM Replacement Cable~~~
Jan 23, 2011 at 8:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 30

SACD-Man

Formerly With Whiplash Audio

After hundreds being sold and many manufactures joining the concept, the already amazing TWag OM IEM replacement cable gets even BETTER!!!

Announcing TWag v2 OM cable.......

Here are the details. 

The "OM" stands for over mold. A process where the wire is solder to the pins and a plastic over mold is applied. This is the same process that the stock cable uses. This allows for a perfect connection to pins which than connect to your in-ear monitors. This version does not have a memory which is by design. This allows for a more comfortable fit around your ears. A wooden "choker" is provided which is designed to dampen any vibrations that may occur while the wire is in motion. In addition, you can use the choker to choke up the wire if the wire is slipping off your ears.

Its made with the new and very nicely improved TWag v2. The latest design from CroParts. This wire is cryo'd using CryiParts CryoFreeze process. To learn more about this process, log onto to CryoParts website at http://www.cryo-parts.com/index.php/why-cryo.

Here are CryoParts comments on the new TWag v2 wire:

"In order to improve on the exceedingly well received TWag, I looked at things in a different way than I usually do when designing a cable. TWag has been a great success, and has quickly become recognized as the premier wire for headphones and IEM's, so I wanted to keep the "soul" (or gestalt) of the wire intact, but try and improve on a few areas. So, about eight months ago, I started tweaking the original TWag to see how much more performance could be eked out of the same basic design as the original. My goal was to improve on an already top tier wire, and make the best wire I currently know how to make. Through countless hours of design time, many failed prototypes, and a great deal of money, I was able to accomplish my above goal. This was a long and drawn out process, marked by frustration, learning, and ultimately pushing my wire vendor/partner to the limits of their machinery. I found that by making changes to the insulation composition/formula, the way the insulation is extruded on to the wire, and to the process which extrusion takes place made a good wire even better. In order to push it to the limits, I also refined strand count, strand shape, and how the individual strands are laid together. In addition to the manufacturing changes, I developed a new cryo treatment profile that allows the changes made to really shine through.

The Wire; Silver". "The Wire; Silver", or "TWag" is a CFDCT-UP-OCC stranded silver wire that sets a new standard of performance.Everything about "TWag" is custom; the extraordinarily high strand count, the custom formulated LL-PE dielectric, the silver used (CF-DCT-UPOCC) and the cryo profile used to treat it (our proprietary CryoFreeze™ process). TWag is a true bespoke wire and is only available direct from CryoParts and the only authorized OEM at this time, Whiplash Audio. The base metal used is an unidirectional UPOCC, being almost free from impurity (up to 99.99998% pure silver) has ideal electrical resistance properties and practically no crystal boundaries. Accordingly, it is able to transmit electrical signals faster, and with less distortion than ordinary OFC and silver wires. All of these features make the pure OCC silver the state-of-the art conductor materials for the audiophile cable industry.

TWag flexibility, premier performance and a complete sound reproduction makes this a perfect application uses for connecting your source to your ears. This is one of the best cables made today.

New stock will be available in 2 weeks or less.

Pricing:

48" - $325
64" - $375

Connector options can be seen here: http://www.whiplashaudio.com/cables/whiplash-custom-cables/whiplash-elite-jha-ue-westone-iem-om-replacement-cable.html

Shipping options.
UPS CONUS Domestic - FREE!!!
UPS International is a flat $30

You are welcome to contact me at csanborn@whiplashaudio.com for further questions. 

Enjoy!!
Craig

Jan 23, 2011 at 10:25 PM Post #2 of 30
Preordered mine back when it was first announced can't wait to get my 64" with oyiade straight plug. This wire along with my JH16/Algorythm Solo/RX MK combo is going to awesome. Thanks Craig and Lee for always pushing forward to make our hobby better.

Jan 23, 2011 at 11:03 PM Post #3 of 30

Quote:
Preordered mine back when it was first announced can't wait to get my 64" with oyiade straight plug. This wire along with my JH16/Algorythm Solo/RX MK combo is going to awesome. Thanks Craig and Lee for always pushing forward to make our hobby better.

Actually thanks for being a great customer!! This cable will be fantastic....

I guess I never thought TWag could even get better. Well, I was wrong.

Craig

Jan 24, 2011 at 3:27 AM Post #4 of 30
Are we gonna get a confirmation when our cables are shipped out?

I ordered a 48" Twag V2 OM with Switchcraft Right Angle plug back in December. 

Jan 24, 2011 at 12:34 PM Post #5 of 30
awesome stuff! :D thanks to Craig and Lee for their constant innovations so that we may have more to enjoy! :) I've an order for 2 whipMODs and 3 TWag v2 OMs, can't wait!!

Jan 24, 2011 at 2:56 PM Post #8 of 30

Quote:
couldnt afford the OM.  lucky those of you that could! i am sure its a great product.

Unfortunately the cost of these to make are very very high. But the results is incredible.

I do have a few TWag v1 OM cables available is you wish. PM me if you are interested.

Thanks!
Craig

Jan 25, 2011 at 9:57 PM Post #11 of 30
Jan 26, 2011 at 11:01 AM Post #12 of 30
awesome! does that mean our cables will be shipped soon?

Jan 26, 2011 at 8:32 PM Post #14 of 30
 Does this cable only come in the clear style? If so does it suffer from the same greening that other clear cables suffer?If currently only in clear will there be a black version?

Jan 26, 2011 at 9:14 PM Post #15 of 30
Hey! I've asked this question before, so to save Craig some time, I'll help him answer by saying they don't suffer from oxidation (i.e. the greening) unless you happen to break or snap the insulation somewhere. I know people who have owned them for more than a year or so and it's still as beautifully silver as ever. 

Quote:
 Does this cable only come in the clear style? If so does it suffer from the same greening that other clear cables suffer?If currently only in clear will there be a black version?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back