All New Microshar uAMP107B Version Is Out For Very Low Cost !!!!
Aug 2, 2007 at 7:27 PM Post #91 of 204
Quote:

Originally Posted by soloz2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just got one in the mail today. A generous member of the OCN community purchased one and had them ship it to me so I could do a mini review on OCN and then ship it to him. I haven't listened to it yet though.

OCN and head-fi
wink.gif

Let me know how it sounds

Aug 2, 2007 at 8:01 PM Post #92 of 204
Quote:

Originally Posted by niko-time /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OCN and head-fi
wink.gif

Let me know how it sounds

Forgot u were on here!
wink.gif

It's not too bad. I've been listening to a little yellowcard just now.

iPod nano
Soloz Audio Resolution LOD
Beyer 770 Pro/80

I won't comment just yet because I'm not a big fan of my 770's for music... I use them for gaming, they were just handy while I placed my orders to build a couple Max's
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 3, 2007 at 12:01 AM Post #93 of 204
Quote:

Just got one in the mail today. A generous member of the OCN community purchased one and had them ship it to me so I could do a mini review on OCN and then ship it to him. I haven't listened to it yet though.

1/
Ah! What is OCN? Any links to that?

2/
I want to bump asking for a review.
Skylab has promissed to get it and compare it with RSA and Meier stuff in his Portable Amp Roundup:

"Thanks for the kind words. The only amp currently in the review cue is the MicroShar uAmp."

3/
Will the price really rise to 56.00 a week (or 2) later as it has been told?

Thanks!

Aug 3, 2007 at 12:04 AM Post #94 of 204
OCN=www.overclock.net. It is a computer forum community thingymagig.

I believe the price will rise yes otherwise it is false advertising and I doubt they would do that on head-fi as that may loose some credibility?

Aug 5, 2007 at 7:05 AM Post #95 of 204
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dara_D /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The review For this AMP will be out Next week.

Quote:

These are the answers to recently questions asked about uAMP107B :

uAMP107 have a Money Back Guarantee for 10 Days (10 days from the time you receive the product).
we are planning to extend the sale time.(we are not 100% sure).
About the gain, The gain is fixed and its 19db, BUT you can order a custom one for the same price, all you need to do is to write what gain do you want the amp to be in the "Add Comment" section of checkout. The price will be the same, but it take 3 business days to ship the item to you because it’s a custom amp.
uAMP107B supports between 8 ohm to 600 ohm.
About the Recharging:
When you plug the adaptor, uAMP107B will automatically switch from battery to adaptor. So that means you can keep listening even if you plug in the adaptor. And you will also save batteries without having to remove them while the adaptor is plugged in.
You can use non-rechargeable batteries, BUT You can't Plug the adapter in when the non-rechargeable batteries are inside.(it's dangerous because the battery goes under charge).
You can Also Use the Adapter WithOUT using any batteries inside (that is a big advantage of this product).

About our iPod dock connectors, the shortest one we have is 4" (4 INCH). But Our New Solid Silver Sterling iPod dock connector cables which are coming to market in 15 Days are going to be 2.5" (2.5 INCH).

If you want the iPod line out cable to be shorter, please write the length on the "Add Comment" textbox in the checkout page.

Please feel free to ask any questions you have

Is this the promised review from post#2?

Aug 5, 2007 at 7:15 AM Post #96 of 204
is this a Class D amp? if so, that makes this amp unique and advertising that fact will help your business greatly. Well maybe it's not, but there seems to be very little technical info on this amp.

Aug 5, 2007 at 3:34 PM Post #97 of 204
Hello Everyone,

Yes we did promised a complete Review for this amp and right now we are waiting for a review from Skylab
we are sure that the review will be out very soon.
And as soon as the review is out, we will be aslo releasing some technical support for this amp.

Aug 5, 2007 at 4:01 PM Post #98 of 204
I don't like how it doesn't have a power switch. It just automatically turns on when a mini plug is inserted into both input and output jacks. There is a turn on thump which means you always have phones plugged in when the amp is turned on and off. Not exactly the best of all designs in my opinion

Aug 5, 2007 at 5:26 PM Post #99 of 204
Quote:

I don't like how it doesn't have a power switch. It just automatically turns on when a mini plug is inserted into both input and output jacks. There is a turn on thump which means you always have phones plugged in when the amp is turned on and off. Not exactly the best of all designs in my opinion

We think this method is the best way for this small size headphone amp because you need to carry it in your pocket or bag or… so it will NEVER switch on accidently and loss batteries charge, besides you never need to turn on your amp when it’s unpluged (input or output).
by the way you don’t need turn volume to zero for switch off your amp(in combo volume/switch) and loose your perfect level that you adjusted and damaged your start segment of volume after multi use!! . That’s why we add an extra electronic circuit to uAMP107 and uAMP107B for auto on/off.

Also, we are very happy for hearing your thoughs and ideas about this amp

Aug 5, 2007 at 10:59 PM Post #100 of 204
my power jack is loose, and when i move the amp around it cuts out...

but it sounds great with my new IC.

Aug 5, 2007 at 11:26 PM Post #101 of 204
Quote:

x2. I am actually concerned that thump (which is very loud by my standards) can have a damaging effect on phones plugged into the amp. It would be good if you can revise the design somehow so that the thump is gone.

Also, this may be an isolated case (and I have yet to try it again) : I was charging the amp with the supplied power supply and when I unplugged said power supply from the mains (with the other end still connected to the amp), a short spark ensued from the amp. The amp itself is working fine but it does cause some safety concern there.

Other than those, I think it's a sweet little amp that I will be happily using with my portable rig (which I'm still building anyway).

Cheers!

Aug 6, 2007 at 1:27 AM Post #102 of 204
Dara, in regards to your silver line out, can you make one 4-4.5 inches long. I think that the 3 inch line might cause too much stress at the bend. Also, have you folks developed a pouch with two compartments designed to hold both the iPOD and amp? Links to reviews of your amps would be helpful as well as descriptions of the caps and resistors used.

Aug 6, 2007 at 4:39 AM Post #104 of 204
Quote:

We think this method is the best way for this small size headphone amp because you need to carry it in your pocket or bag or… so it will NEVER switch on accidently and loss batteries charge, besides you never need to turn on your amp when it’s unpluged (input or output).
by the way you don’t need turn volume to zero for switch off your amp(in combo volume/switch) and loose your perfect level that you adjusted and damaged your start segment of volume after multi use!! . That’s why we add an extra electronic circuit to uAMP107 and uAMP107B for auto on/off.

Also, we are very happy for hearing your thoughs and ideas about this amp

well, I tend to leave everything plugged in when i'm not using my portable setup so for me it's more of a hassle, and I would prefer to have power switch. To me the better solution would be to have a separate power switch that way volume adjustment is still not an issue, however it does not bother me to have the power integrated into the switch as many portable amps have.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zorander /img/forum/go_quote.gif
x2. I am actually concerned that thump (which is very loud by my standards) can have a damaging effect on phones plugged into the amp. It would be good if you can revise the design somehow so that the thump is gone.

Other than those, I think it's a sweet little amp that I will be happily using with my portable rig (which I'm still building anyway).

Cheers!

I think a delay circuit is in order. I am not happy with the turn-on thump, and it would appear that I am not the only one to notice this.

For the money (especially for the sale price) I think this is a great bargain, but if you're looking at the regular price I'm not sure I would recommend it over some other amps I've heard. I'll have to give it more time.

I will say that for a portable amp it is one of the better amps I've heard with my Beyer DT770 Pro/80's. I haven't tried my SR225's or HD580's yet though.

Aug 6, 2007 at 8:27 PM Post #105 of 204
Just to throw in my two cents,

So far aside from the bothersome thump, I gotta say I'm pretty happy with the amp, it does a great job pushing my sr225's ,( to me it adds a little more oomphy bass, and keeps the highs at a level known to be crystal in Grado's), So from a noobs point of view, I feel it's a great amp for the sale price,

By no means is this post intended to be any sort of qoute unqoute review, just my two cents

Thanks Dara
Aloha,
Chuy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back