All New! AK100 II and AK120 II
May 30, 2014 at 3:27 AM Post #18 of 40
You can follow the main thread.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/718321/brand-spanking-new-a-k-ak120ii-and-ak100ii/345#post_10589879

they also announced its the same in USD,
$999 and $1799

May 30, 2014 at 4:10 AM Post #19 of 40
Just FYI - the new AK 100 II and AK120 II will be showed today at the T.H.E. Show in Newport Beach.
Here is some info on it.

http://dagogo.com/see-astellkerns-2nd-generation-hi-res-audio-players-show-newport-beach

May 30, 2014 at 4:24 AM Post #21 of 40
I just found a shop in Germany which offers the new players - maybe tis could be intersting for someone?

Prices are 850 EUR for the AK100 II and 1.290 for the AK 120 II ! I cannot say if the shop is trustworthy or not - never made business with them before.

here is the link

http://www.hifi-stereo-shop.com/de/wta-shop/astell-kern/ak120-ii/

May 30, 2014 at 4:42 AM Post #23 of 40
Yes - this is the first offer that I saw, but I have to correct myself. The shop seems to be in austria. The description is clearly for the new players and NOT showing the pictures of the new ones while providing the specs of the "old" players.
So - if they delivered the old ones they would be in trouble.

I just tried if I could buy them - seems you can only get to the shoppig cart when you also buy the leather bag and the docking station.
You end up with 1.588 EURO then - a lot of money for a dap.
It looks as if you can buy it there.

Jun 30, 2014 at 7:15 PM Post #27 of 40
I've been having debates with myself over these past couples months of which ak product to get & as soon I am about to buy I have another question or doubt lol.

I was wondering if buying an ak 100 ii, would that be much of an improvement say over a iphone 5S or iPod classic?
Both sources will be playing AIFF files.
Thanks a lot to those who reply :)

Jun 30, 2014 at 8:17 PM Post #28 of 40
I've been having debates with myself over these past couples months of which ak product to get & as soon I am about to buy I have another question or doubt lol.

I was wondering if buying an ak 100 ii, would that be much of an improvement say over a iphone 5S or iPod classic?
Both sources will be playing AIFF files.
Thanks a lot to those who reply
smily_headphones1.gif

Hmm yes it will be an improvement. Are you going balanced? If so, there is bit more improvement. It's not a huge huge difference. You must be aware that as prices go up, the returns are marginal(this is kind of true for all audio gears...)

Jun 30, 2014 at 9:08 PM Post #29 of 40
Hmm yes it will be an improvement. Are you going balanced? If so, there is bit more improvement. It's not a huge huge difference. You must be aware that as prices go up, the returns are marginal(this is kind of true for all audio gears...)

Thanks.
I'm planning to just stick my se 846's in the ak player with the wire it originally comes with so I guess I won't be going balanced.
Haha yea I'm dying to try them on but local stores should get the new units in July they said. So a lil more too go than I can test the new units myself & see if it's worth it.
Still hoping for a ak240ii announcement so I can just get the best :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Jul 4, 2014 at 8:05 AM Post #30 of 40
iriver has just released a new fw for AK240. I wonder when they will fulfill theri promise for a fw update for ak100 and ak120 ... Probably never  ..   when looking at their homepage (for example under "history) the "newest" entry is from 2010 ....
....just wondering.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back