All Items of Hisound's products are 50% off as the Xmas gift
Jan 5, 2012 at 10:11 AM Post #181 of 224

Quote:
Ok thanks fellas, Original FW that came with the Studio-V was the 2011 BA. But no matter how many times I tried I just could not get the Dynamic FW to load into the player....... So after so many attempts.. I QUIETLY>>>> walked away.
It was not until now which is Early Friday morning around 1:00 am ish, FINALLY It WORKED... What did I do different.....nothing. So beats me why it would not work.
Now I have Dynamic FW installed I no longer have BA FW. So can I only have one? or can I somehow have both and alternate between both? Because to tell you the truth I only played 1 song through my Miracle IEM'S while I had the BA FW, & cant remember what it was Like?
Lee730, I currently dont have the Merlin's with me so I am sorry that I cant answer your question at this stage.
Now what is HDMS Btn Sound? I suppose its time to add some songs. Is it better to make files or just individual songs?

You were doing something wrong. When formatting the player is part of the upgrade process, there's no way to retain the installed firmware.

Jan 5, 2012 at 10:32 AM Post #182 of 224
Ok,  If I was doing something wrong like you mentioned I was not aware of what that was? Just followed i2ehan's directions like before, only this time it picked up the player and the other times it would not. Kept seeing message Player not connected, I would re start whole process again & again same outcome. But hey we are human also so I may still have done something wrong, but glad it worked......now to listen to some Music...

Jan 5, 2012 at 2:20 PM Post #183 of 224

Quote:
Only other issue has been disconnecting from windows 7 it locks up, even if I rt click and close the folder before disconnecting.   So I have to reset which means resetting all positons again.   Any suggestions?
dt880smile.png

Don't know about Windows 7, but XP has a little macro called 'Safely Remove Hardware' that pops up in the lower menu bar when a USB device is plugged in.

If I just unplug my STUDIO wo/using the SRH it won't read music files, etc.

Advice: ALWAYS use 'Safely Remove Hardware' (or similar) before unplugging STUDIO from USB.

Jan 5, 2012 at 2:42 PM Post #184 of 224
Did that.   I would close the actual file of the V, then under my computer rt click on the folder and it says "eject" then says "safe to remove hardware" but after disconnect from computer directly, my computer says its gone, but the blue and red light on the V still stay on like its still connected.   So the player isn't recognizing its disconnected.

Hisound, can you help out here?

Jan 5, 2012 at 2:52 PM Post #185 of 224

Quote:
Did that.   I would close the actual file of the V, then under my computer rt click on the folder and it says "eject" then says "safe to remove hardware" but after disconnect from computer directly, my computer says its gone, but the blue and red light on the V still stay on like its still connected.   So the player isn't recognizing its disconnected.

My blue & red lights also stay on after the 'Safely Remove Hardware', BUT my STUDIO screen goes blank (off) vs. the 'connection' graphic it was displaying prior to the SRH de-activation.

Jan 5, 2012 at 3:54 PM Post #186 of 224
Yes, my connection graphic comes on at computer connection then goes off several seconds later.   So after you disconnect and the lights are still on, how to do get it to go  on?    Only if I press the reset, the lights go off then it will turn on with the middle button.

Jan 5, 2012 at 4:36 PM Post #187 of 224

Quote:
Yes, my connection graphic comes on at computer connection then goes off several seconds later.   So after you disconnect and the lights are still on, how to do get it to go  on?    Only if I press the reset, the lights go off then it will turn on with the middle button.

Is this problem exhibited when you also disconnect from Windows XP  as well? I know windows XP is able to disconnect the item safely as the drive disappears from the screen after ejecting. On Windows 7 this doesn't seem to be the case as you get a failed to disconnect error. This happens on all Chinese DAP it seems, (Hifiman 601, Sflo2, and Studio V).

Jan 5, 2012 at 6:26 PM Post #188 of 224
Well, here in the States we have had windows 7 for awhile,XP went out a few yrs ago, so I upgraded from XP to 7, why would I still have XP?
Actually, I'll trade you a copy of 7 for some Lion Coffee or some Kona Beer!  
beerchug.gif
Better yet, I could start a Windows 7 export business to your country!!!LOL!     All kidding aside, when I disconnect it after it says "safe to disconnect" the computer doesn't say "fail to disconnect" and yes, the folder, in my case "H" under devices does go away.   How do you guys start yours after disconnecting, just press the center button?

Jan 5, 2012 at 6:35 PM Post #189 of 224

Quote:
Well, here in the States we have had windows 7 for awhile,XP went out a few yrs ago, so I upgraded from XP to 7, why would I still have XP?
Actually, I'll trade you a copy of 7 for some Lion Coffee or some Kona Beer!  
beerchug.gif
Better yet, I could start a Windows 7 export business to your country!!!LOL!     All kidding aside, when I disconnect it after it says "safe to disconnect" the computer doesn't say "fail to disconnect" and yes, the folder, in my case "H" under devices does go away.   How do you guys start yours after disconnecting, just press the center button?

I generally do that when I disconnect it from Windows 7 and I haven't had issues with this. But keep in mind I am plugged into a USB power hub so I unplug the power chord to the hub and it turns off the Studio V. Then I quickly unplug it from the USB cable before it powers back on and shows as connected to the PC again. For some reason on Windows 7 64 bit I am not able to properly eject the Studio V. When I eject it it says safe to remove, but it is not properly ejecting it as the drive still shows up on My computer menu. On XP it properly ejects but the fact that I don't want to use XP just erks me. Although I must admit music sounds a bit better on XP for some reason...

Jan 6, 2012 at 12:16 AM Post #191 of 224
I'm using Windows 7 and have disconnected both my Studio-V and the Rocoo-P by just unplugging the USB chord from PC, because I was lazy, and I have also been through a phase of changing FW's many times (very many), but never encountered any issues. So it could be a specific issue related to an individual Studio or how the Win 7 is implemented on a particular PC.  I do miss the XP, it was good for something...

Jan 6, 2012 at 6:32 AM Post #192 of 224

Quote:
I'm using Windows 7 and have disconnected both my Studio-V and the Rocoo-P by just unplugging the USB chord from PC, because I was lazy, and I have also been through a phase of changing FW's many times (very many), but never encountered any issues. So it could be a specific issue related to an individual Studio or how the Win 7 is implemented on a particular PC.  I do miss the XP, it was good for something...

Is your Windows 7 64 bit? I think that could also be a reason. But I for one do not like unplugging these devices from the PC without properly ejecting it (as that can damage them!!!) This is clearly stated with the Sflo2 and I am sure you can damage your Hifiman and Hi Sound products doing the same. Beware people.

Jan 6, 2012 at 7:17 AM Post #194 of 224

Quote:
Certainly not recommened but if the drives are idle, it wont hurt them any more than it would a thumb drive.

But when it shows as still being connected to the computer on the Studio V screen, that doesn't mean its idle. Its still active. That is what can damage it.

Jan 6, 2012 at 2:09 PM Post #195 of 224
It just means it's mounted and that they see each others USB protocols. Not that the drives are active. Just like when your USB drive lights up and is seen by your computer. It's never recommended and I'm also not saying to do so but unless the devices are transferring data, none is in jeapordy. Always safer to unmount before removal. Disconnecting during an active update would be a disaster. Laptop users should always table them with ps attached.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back