All iPod & mainly iPod Touch users, please comment
Dec 6, 2009 at 12:23 AM Post #16 of 32
With my westone 1's on the bus I have it around 45-50%, which I think is a bit loud.

With my hearyourself AE2's at home I have it at about 15% volume. I listen to rock, just something to keep in mind. 85% seems high, especially with your W2's.

Dec 6, 2009 at 12:33 AM Post #17 of 32
~50% on my Portapros.

Dec 6, 2009 at 2:49 AM Post #20 of 32
Ya the w2 are pretty sensitive. So wow no one goes above 80 lol. I've not listened lower than the pause toggle yet. Haha. That's probably why my ears hurt so much after. Plus I have a hard time gettig a good seal. Even with the PK2 I turn it up to 80. Like 3 clicks from full volume

I do have a system in my truck, and when I was a teenager I blasted that **** hardddd in high school but I don't crank it to often these days but maybe my hearing blows. But I feel like I have good ears. Lol

Dec 6, 2009 at 3:21 AM Post #21 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by pomme de terre /img/forum/go_quote.gif
These are the volumes I listened to the IEM's below at with my Ipod Touch 2G, which was loud enough even on the subway/bus:

Westone UM3X - absolute minimum the Touch can go and still produce a sound
Shure SE530 - same as above
Sennheiser - 15%... since its a dynamic driver and not armature

You are definitely doing something wrong. Armature based buds are extremely sensitive and get very loud.

loud enough is not detailed enough sometimes

i can put my IEMs at 10-20% on the ipod can get decent sound
when I put it up further to 30-40 i can hear the detail and clarity

Dec 6, 2009 at 8:07 AM Post #22 of 32
i use ipod touch 2g with NE6 and EP 630,i always keep volume at 60-70 percent and never felt that volume to be very high.But after reading replies in this thread i am wondering is this volume too much ? Also is there any difference in max volume based on ipods in different regions ? My ipod touch 2g is purchased from USA

Dec 6, 2009 at 5:36 PM Post #23 of 32
and most of you commenting or Voting. This is with Portable, or IN ear monitor. headphones. not apple buds.. even though they could probably also be considered a phone you shouldn't go to high with volume on.

thanks so far for all replies.

Dec 7, 2009 at 12:33 AM Post #24 of 32
Ya Im not sure if different regions have different volumes. I cant see that being a benefit in ANY way. I doubt UK ipods go higher or anything, but different models ya. thats why I said Touches.

And shooting star you NAILED it... last night I tried my PK2 at 50ish and felt I would be fine listening at that volume, but the excellent Highs and treble seem to not be there as much as Id like, nor do the good details on the song.. but 70-75% and im hearing more & enjoying more..

I will wait for the small complys to come and give my Westone 2 another go with the better seal and less volume.

Dec 7, 2009 at 3:28 AM Post #25 of 32
Around 50%, but it varies by headphone used. Waiting for my 64gb Touch to enjoy it again.

Dec 7, 2009 at 10:02 PM Post #26 of 32
Well guys. Small update. I had max volume lock set to 90% so I was probably only going to about 70% I think. So I took that off.

I also got my Triple.Fi 10 Pros today n been listening for over an hour around the 45-60% range depending on song n such. Here's another question.

Do you guys use the touchs feature for Normalize all volume. The sound check feature?? Or do you use a third party one. As some songs are much louder than others fore right now

Dec 7, 2009 at 11:35 PM Post #27 of 32
UK 64GB 3G Touch (not sure if EU capped).

Shure SE530 40-45%
Klipsch S4i 50-55%

Dec 7, 2009 at 11:45 PM Post #28 of 32
Well, I always have them minumum at 60%, the highest I would go is around 90%. Since I am always on train so I got to turn the volume rather loud before I got my UM3X, I always turn my AKG to 100%.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back