All HeadRoom amps 30% off, and a new CEO!
Jan 22, 2013 at 9:10 AM Post #17 of 33
Quote:

The point I'm trying to make is, make your next DAC/amps look better, so that we are proud to show them off, and we have more then one sense based desire to own them. 

Point taken WiR3D,

I'll do my best to make our next products look better.

Jan 22, 2013 at 9:42 AM Post #18 of 33
Jan 22, 2013 at 7:43 PM Post #20 of 33
Speaking of amps.  What's on the fast track of upcoming amps?

Just my 2cents.  

I always like the separate power supply.  However, The dual 3-pin XLRs are getting old. (IMO) and the 4-pin XLR is up and coming.  Also a more attractive dual enclosure would be nice.  Fully discrete, dual differential (at least), fully balanced, high current, pure Class A with a 3 position gain switch   Would be nice..
biggrin.gif
  Oh yeah with some really beefy PSUs and transformers..

Jan 22, 2013 at 9:14 PM Post #21 of 33
preproman,

Honestly, there is nothing on the fast track of upcoming amps. While I am always thinking about products to make (it's in my genes or something) we don't have anything in the pipeline right now.

I personally like the 3-pin XLR but that's probably a result of my pro audio background. I understand its not convenient. The product you're describing sounds almost like a BlockHead. I'm curious about your dual enclosure request. I'm not sure how you would use separate enclosures but have the signal come out of one connector. Maybe I'm not understanding what you're wanting.

Jan 22, 2013 at 9:16 PM Post #22 of 33
Quote:
preproman,

Honestly, there is nothing on the fast track of upcoming amps. While I am always thinking about products to make (it's in my genes or something) we don't have anything in the pipeline right now.

I personally like the 3-pin XLR but that's probably a result of my pro audio background. I understand its not convenient. The product you're describing sounds almost like a BlockHead. I'm curious about your dual enclosure request. I'm not sure how you would use separate enclosures but have the signal come out of one connector. Maybe I'm not understanding what you're wanting.

You'll already do it.  1 enclosure for the PSU, the other enclosure for the amp.  - Correct?

This:
http://www.headphone.com/headphone-amps/headroom-balanced-ultra-desktop-amp-buda.php

Plus This:
http://www.headphone.com/accessories/power-supplies/headroom-desktop-power-supply.php

Jan 23, 2013 at 2:35 AM Post #24 of 33
Wow that Q&A was interesting. I'm also very interested in Beats' success story. Do you think there are some serious marketing potentials in general population towards high-end audio gears? 

Jan 23, 2013 at 10:10 AM Post #25 of 33
Quote:
Wow that Q&A was interesting. I'm also very interested in Beats' success story. Do you think there are some serious marketing potentials in general population towards high-end audio gears? 

Thanks!
I think Beats have proven that. While we may not consider them the best sounding headphones, their marketing is all about good sound.

Jan 23, 2013 at 8:20 PM Post #27 of 33
Congrats on the promotion, Jamey! 

Jan 24, 2013 at 3:15 PM Post #29 of 33
I always thought that it was a bit unfortunate that Headroom amps/DACs, while they have very good reviews from their actual owners, haven't gathered more vocal mentions and recommendations here on Head-fi... especially over the last few years as numerous new competitors have entered the market.  Almost every here knows you guys make amps/DACs, but it seems more or less off the radar for the newcomers to this hobby these days. The aforementioned aesthetic issue, and the fact that Headroom's models are 5+years old without much refreshing may play a big part here indeed (and if you guys plan to stay as a player in that sector of the business, it definitely needs to be worked on) but it kind of sucks how they hardly get any mention as a viable recommendation here on Head-fi anymore as I am certain that they're still very quality products for the money (Just like how something like quality amps like B22 or M3, etc, are still mentioned as recommendations often even though they're very old designs).  Perhaps something like a country-wide review loaner program of your amps/DACs (followed by the requisite review by the users who try them, of course) would help exposure and ramp up interest here on Head-fi again?  And I'm not saying that because I want to try out these amps myself or anything (I don't have too many dynamic headphones around anymore, and besides, I'm in Canada which means typically I'm not eligible for these kind of loaner programs 
tongue.gif

redface.gif
)... I honestly do think they may help in terms of exposure here.

I know headroom is obviously headphones first business, but since you guys are still in the amps/DAC business, just thinking this may help. 
smile.gif

Jan 26, 2013 at 5:36 AM Post #30 of 33
Quote:
I always thought that it was a bit unfortunate that Headroom amps/DACs, while they have very good reviews from their actual owners, haven't gathered more vocal mentions and recommendations here on Head-fi... especially over the last few years as numerous new competitors have entered the market.  Almost every here knows you guys make amps/DACs, but it seems more or less off the radar for the newcomers to this hobby these days. The aforementioned aesthetic issue, and the fact that Headroom's models are 5+years old without much refreshing may play a big part here indeed (and if you guys plan to stay as a player in that sector of the business, it definitely needs to be worked on) but it kind of sucks how they hardly get any mention as a viable recommendation here on Head-fi anymore as I am certain that they're still very quality products for the money (Just like how something like quality amps like B22 or M3, etc, are still mentioned as recommendations often even though they're very old designs).  Perhaps something like a country-wide review loaner program of your amps/DACs (followed by the requisite review by the users who try them, of course) would help exposure and ramp up interest here on Head-fi again?  And I'm not saying that because I want to try out these amps myself or anything (I don't have too many dynamic headphones around anymore, and besides, I'm in Canada which means typically I'm not eligible for these kind of loaner programs 
tongue.gif

redface.gif
)... I honestly do think they may help in terms of exposure here.

I know headroom is obviously headphones first business, but since you guys are still in the amps/DAC business, just thinking this may help. 
smile.gif

I was actually looking at a headroom stack for my Denons, but when I compared it to the competitors (and bare in mind I have training in Fine Art, and could probably render better then most people that graduate University) I just didn't see myself wanting to show it to others, or wanting to look at it, sonically it may be a masterpiece, but ... yeah.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back