Aliexpress Cables
Nov 25, 2023 at 3:59 PM Post #3,977 of 4,366
Nov 25, 2023 at 4:00 PM Post #3,978 of 4,366
I could also use a USB cable upgrade betwen a USB cleanser device and DDC. Is Xangsane 4n silver cable the best, or is there another recommended more?
I did not try it, but I think that @bodiebill2 has two of them, and he is happy with them.

Nov 25, 2023 at 4:14 PM Post #3,979 of 4,366
Yeah I have plenty of spare sockets and non critical stuff does is indeed plugged elsewhere but I was so impressed with the results of plugging by Amps into the 156 (which I wasn't expecting) that I also want my Pre-Amp to reap the benefits.

I could remove by network transport but that what I stream from so would rather not, so right now my Pre amp is straight to wall and I don't really want to buy another 156 UNLESS someone says that an AV product like a Lumagen video processor or Kaleidescape would also benefit.

I like the cables from xangsane. Their 4n silver cable is good for the price

I heard that this was supposed to be good.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B089Y5Q9M...U23RGC4OG&ref_=list_c_wl_lv_ov_lig_dp_it&th=1

Nov 27, 2023 at 9:39 AM Post #3,981 of 4,366
Nov 27, 2023 at 9:46 AM Post #3,982 of 4,366
Nov 29, 2023 at 6:20 AM Post #3,983 of 4,366
Sorry or my stupid req... I've to buy one pair of interconncet RCA cables, 2 coaxial and 1 USB A->USB B. I'm thinking to buy some Odin clone, my you suggest some serious seller from Ali? Thanks!

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2023 at 1:09 AM Post #3,985 of 4,366
I have tried searching this thread but without any luck. Has anybody tried the Furutech knockoff NanoFlux speaker cables from Aliexpress. They are being sold by a number of stores. This is just one example. It is a great looking copy but there is no representation about what sort of wire it actually contains. I have heard the real thing in my system and it is awesome but also $7500!

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/2255800853404829.html

Dec 9, 2023 at 8:09 PM Post #3,986 of 4,366
So I got the Xangsane 4n Sterling Silver Hifi USB Cable that was recommended here, from the Xangsane AliExpress seller for use between my USB enhancer and DDC. It's beautiful and well crafted! Unfortunately I was unable to try it since they sent USB male A-to-A! Can't say if it was my fault or not, but doggonit if it's a USB cable for audio it should come as type A-to-B by default. I'm still negotiating with them a replacement or deal on another one anyway.
20231209_164859.jpg

In the meantime I went ahead and finally plugged in my Odin Gold USB cable from Aliexpress and I must say I'm INCREDIBLY PLEASED with what I hear! I actually got it last year, then shelved it since I already had the Odin 2 sterling silver USB cable. I even had that spiral wrapped with copper-foil shielding and 2 rather large ferret chokes which I last year decided was doing something good to the sound...

Fast forward to today when I finally unearthed that awesome Odin Gold USB cable, now I'm getting more vibrancy to the mids and low end, with the high end detail still definitely in place, but a bit more analog or forgiving, in a welcome way. It's like it opened more of the floodgates of sound, without actually being darker. I was planning to chop off the end of this nice Xangsane and twist the wires or solder it to the Odin Gold connector, but this sounds too good to mess with. I guess ultimately I will compare this to the Xangsane once I get it, But I'd be surprised if anything could surpass this as a USB cable.

I also sandwiched 2 very small bags of magnetite powder bags in the middle of the Odin Gold USB cable, and it certainly didn't hurt the sound. Hard to tell the difference, maybe more analogue. I also tested Rochelle salt bags on both sides, but that didn't do anything with this cable.

Last edited:
Dec 10, 2023 at 12:22 AM Post #3,987 of 4,366
I received yesterday the Xangsane Silver 6N USB cable. The cable is beautiful.
When I connected it between the USB fiber converter and the DDC, I could not hear any difference with my Neotech NEUB-1020 Silver OCC cable.
Now the Xangsane is burning-in… I will post more feedback in a few days.

Dec 10, 2023 at 11:30 AM Post #3,988 of 4,366
So I got the Xangsane 4n Sterling Silver Hifi USB Cable that was recommended here, from the Xangsane AliExpress seller for use between my USB enhancer and DDC. It's beautiful and well crafted! Unfortunately I was unable to try it since they sent USB male A-to-A! Can't say if it was my fault or not, but doggonit if it's a USB cable for audio it should come as type A-to-B by default. I'm still negotiating with them a replacement or deal on another one anyway.
20231209_164859.jpg

In the meantime I went ahead and finally plugged in my Odin Gold USB cable from Aliexpress and I must say I'm INCREDIBLY PLEASED with what I hear! I actually got it last year, then shelved it since I already had the Odin 2 sterling silver USB cable. I even had that spiral wrapped with copper-foil shielding and 2 rather large ferret chokes which I last year decided was doing something good to the sound...

Fast forward to today when I finally unearthed that awesome Odin Gold USB cable, now I'm getting more vibrancy to the mids and low end, with the high end detail still definitely in place, but a bit more analog or forgiving, in a welcome way. It's like it opened more of the floodgates of sound, without actually being darker. I was planning to chop off the end of this nice Xangsane and twist the wires or solder it to the Odin Gold connector, but this sounds too good to mess with. I guess ultimately I will compare this to the Xangsane once I get it, But I'd be surprised if anything could surpass this as a USB cable.

I also sandwiched 2 very small bags of magnetite powder bags in the middle of the Odin Gold USB cable, and it certainly didn't hurt the sound. Hard to tell the difference, maybe more analogue... maybe will try two sets of magnetite along the cable. I also tested Rochelle salt bags on both sides, but that didn't do anything with this cable.
I use the Odin2 'silver' USB cable plugged into the https://www.moon-audio.com/matrix-audio-element-h.html

Dec 19, 2023 at 7:54 AM Post #3,989 of 4,366
Just want to share; Haven't posted on this forum in a while, but I have my electrostatic grounding mat under my transformer and grounding box and the wire clip fell off the ground at some point. When I reconnected the sonic improvement was profound; excellent resolution and clarity, improved treble extension... I forgot how great this tweak was, need to get another one for under the computer.....

Dec 19, 2023 at 8:35 AM Post #3,990 of 4,366
Just want to share; Haven't posted on this forum in a while, but I have my electrostatic grounding mat under my transformer and grounding box and the wire clip fell off the ground at some point. When I reconnected the sonic improvement was profound; excellent resolution and clarity, improved treble extension... I forgot how great this tweak was, need to get another one for under the computer.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back