Aliexpress Cables
Oct 6, 2023 at 6:30 AM Post #3,946 of 4,456
Does anyone use vibration-reducing weights on top of (some of) their equipment?
I am currently using door stoppers which have the right weight and form, however I am a bit worried because these are quite magnetic.
I could not spot anything after a quick Ali search...
I've actually started using my 2kg QA ground boxes with a sheet of fo.Q underneath that benefits both the ground box and the component. Efficient use of a scare commodity - the fo.Q. Prior to that I used dumbbell plate weights - in 1.25 to or 2.5kg sizes, they'd be iron/steel and magnetic too I guess but they always had a net positive effect.

Oct 6, 2023 at 8:03 AM Post #3,947 of 4,456
I've actually started using my 2kg QA ground boxes with a sheet of fo.Q underneath that benefits both the ground box and the component. Efficient use of a scare commodity - the fo.Q. Prior to that I used dumbbell plate weights - in 1.25 to or 2.5kg sizes, they'd be iron/steel and magnetic too I guess but they always had a net positive effect.
Nice idea, using ground boxes also for this purpose: Columbus's Egg :) Provided the shelf space allows for it of course...

Oct 6, 2023 at 9:06 AM Post #3,948 of 4,456
I'm not sure that it's a good idea.
@cdacosta told me to keep any device at least 20 cm away from the grounding box.

Oct 9, 2023 at 10:20 AM Post #3,950 of 4,456
For anyone interested, I opened up my fake Audioquest Thunderbird rca and it looks like this.
Source side
0507C817-99CD-435F-8BAD-8AB88DF3E5E8.jpeg

B2748B2C-2D39-41C8-8E38-90013353C321.jpeg

Dbs side
FFA20C8D-E9F4-4F2E-BE85-A49BEB6DFF0F.jpeg

27A55260-EF0A-40A1-9B8E-4F0431ADEBA0.jpeg

Looks pretty good. Solid core copper through something that looks like teflon tubing. There are 2 solid core copper and 2 solid core silver (or silver plated) drain wires. Only the silver ones are connected to source side. +/- wires are soldered instead of ‘cold welded.

I don’t know much about dbs technology in real cables but this is what it looks like on the fake
image.jpg

Connector casing is pretty solid
1EDAF1BB-0593-432E-BC73-0A45D12C0507.jpeg

The sound of this cable is extraordinary and is only bettered by my diy Furutech RCA interconnect with ground box filtering.

Edit: maybe worth mentioning this cable is bought from the Audioson store on AliExpress.

Last edited:
Oct 9, 2023 at 1:15 PM Post #3,951 of 4,456
For anyone interested, I opened up my fake Audioquest Thunderbird rca and it looks like this.
Source side
0507C817-99CD-435F-8BAD-8AB88DF3E5E8.jpeg
B2748B2C-2D39-41C8-8E38-90013353C321.jpeg

Dbs side
FFA20C8D-E9F4-4F2E-BE85-A49BEB6DFF0F.jpeg
27A55260-EF0A-40A1-9B8E-4F0431ADEBA0.jpeg

Looks pretty good. Solid core copper through something that looks like teflon tubing. There are 2 solid core copper and 2 solid core silver (or silver plated) drain wires. Only the silver ones are connected to source side. +/- wires are soldered instead of ‘cold welded.

I don’t know much about dbs technology in real cables but this is what it looks like on the fake
image.jpg

Connector casing is pretty solid
1EDAF1BB-0593-432E-BC73-0A45D12C0507.jpeg

The sound of this cable is extraordinary and is only bettered by my diy Furutech RCA interconnect with ground box filtering.

Edit: maybe worth mentioning this cable is bought from the Audioson store on AliExpress.
Cool you shared that. DBS is a concept that Audioquest came up with and have Patents for. It is a simple concept that actually works. I have a real Audioquest SKY interconnect and have DIYed several based on the SKY design. The two drain wires you see are attached to the negative of the battery pack. The negative charge stabilizes the dielectric around the main conductors. Does not draw juice from the battery pack.

Oct 9, 2023 at 1:33 PM Post #3,952 of 4,456
Cool you shared that. DBS is a concept that Audioquest came up with and have Patents for. It is a simple concept that actually works. I have a real Audioquest SKY interconnect and have DIYed several based on the SKY design. The two drain wires you see are attached to the negative of the battery pack. The negative charge stabilizes the dielectric around the main conductors. Does not draw juice from the battery pack.
Would this cable work as a interconnect with ground box filtering?

Oct 9, 2023 at 2:38 PM Post #3,953 of 4,456
Oct 30, 2023 at 1:29 AM Post #3,954 of 4,456
I haven't seen much in regards to the Angelears Abyssal posted on the forum yet:

1698642775640.png

So, I took the plunge and snagged myself a unit from the digital wilds of Aliexpress. I have seen some praise around the internet for this cable, but not a lot of it is in English. Mainly Japanese videos (I understand cable culture is a big deal there).

Congratulations to me I guess for joining the club of those in the know (or at least, in the experimental). Full disclosure, I have never been too much of a believer in cables changing the sound profile of IEMs, but this cable is starting to turn me around on that.

Let's start with the obvious: it's a cable. Not a spaceship, not a time machine, just a humble cable. But oh boy, is it a cable with a personality! The Angelears Abyssal doesn't just carry sound from point A to point B, it does so with flair and pizzazz. It's like the James Bond of cables, but without the tuxedo, instead sporting a braided and (in my humble opinion, gorgeous) look.

If I talk about the durability, the Abyssal is surprisingly solid. Obviously on the day-to-day use, this has remained just like new. The plastic case it comes with helps somewhat, but even when I keep it outside, it remains pristine. I could use it to tow a car, and it would probably just ask for more. OK, maybe that's a little bit of an exaggeration, but to say that I feel this cable will last me for years to come is an understatement.

But, let's not kid ourselves, this is not a cable for the faint of heart. It's thick, it's chunky, and it's not going to be discreet about it. It's like the Arnold Schwarzenegger of cables, flexing its muscles and demanding attention.

And the sound profile with this baby? It clearly adds that delicious, spacious air to the sound of my IEMs. Greater technicalities is something else I have noticed, though I hope and pray that's not just the placebo effect. Now, let's address the elephant in the room: the price. I'll be real, for the quality of product this is, at $119 it's a steal. I got myself a bargain. It's like finding a diamond in a pile of gravel, except in this case, the gravel is other cables.

I consider myself very lucky because, like I mentioned, I'm generally cable-skeptic, but this is one of my first rodeos as far as high-end quality cables and it seems like it was a home run. I'm considering buying these in bulk I like 'em so much, but still haven't decided. Maybe for the upcoming 11.11 sale?

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2023 at 5:30 AM Post #3,955 of 4,456
I haven't seen much in regards to the Angelears Abyssal posted on the forum yet:

1698642775640.png

So, I took the plunge and snagged myself a unit from the digital wilds of Aliexpress. I have seen some praise around the internet for this cable, but not a lot of it is in English. Mainly Japanese videos (I understand cable culture is a big deal there).

Congratulations to me I guess for joining the club of those in the know (or at least, in the experimental). Full disclosure, I have never been too much of a believer in cables changing the sound profile of IEMs, but this cable is starting to turn me around on that.

Let's start with the obvious: it's a cable. Not a spaceship, not a time machine, just a humble cable. But oh boy, is it a cable with a personality! The Angelears Abyssal doesn't just carry sound from point A to point B, it does so with flair and pizzazz. It's like the James Bond of cables, but without the tuxedo, instead sporting a braided and (in my humble opinion, gorgeous) look.

If I talk about the durability, the Abyssal is surprisingly solid. Obviously on the day-to-day use, this has remained just like new. The plastic case it comes with helps somewhat, but even when I keep it outside, it remains pristine. I could use it to tow a car, and it would probably just ask for more. OK, maybe that's a little bit of an exaggeration, but to say that I feel this cable will last me for years to come is an understatement.

But, let's not kid ourselves, this is not a cable for the faint of heart. It's thick, it's chunky, and it's not going to be discreet about it. It's like the Arnold Schwarzenegger of cables, flexing its muscles and demanding attention.

And the sound profile with this baby? It clearly adds that delicious, spacious air to the sound of my IEMs. Greater technicalities is something else I have noticed, though I hope and pray that's not just the placebo effect. Now, let's address the elephant in the room: the price. I'll be real, for the quality of product this is, at $119 it's a steal. I got myself a bargain. It's like finding a diamond in a pile of gravel, except in this case, the gravel is other cables.

I consider myself very lucky because, like I mentioned, I'm generally cable-skeptic, but this is one of my first rodeos as far as high-end quality cables and it seems like it was a home run. I'm considering buying these in bulk I like 'em so much, but still haven't decided. Maybe for the upcoming 11.11 sale?
Do you have a link?

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2023 at 7:12 AM Post #3,957 of 4,456
Can anyone recommend good DC cables on AliX?

Nov 14, 2023 at 1:23 PM Post #3,959 of 4,456
The Audiocrast DC cable is in silver, and the GhentAudio is in copper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back