Aliexpress Cables
Aug 15, 2022 at 6:48 PM Post #481 of 4,456
Incoming today was my first knockoff package. Gold Odin AC cable and THIS THING LOOKS LEGIT!!! Built like a tank, b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l and a show stopper. Looks and feels like $10,000.00 (but was only $79)!! Maybe they accidentally gave me the a real Nordost Odin Audiophile cable :):darthsmile:

20220815_144520.jpg

From the feel of it, I speculate what they said is true about its taking advantage of hollow interior, maybe for some sonic benefit or isolation of some sort. Mine says Odin Gold on the wood blocks and Odin 2 on the connectors in white lettering... wonder how that makes mine stack up with others around here?

I plugged it in from the wall outlet to my Furman power conditioner that's central for my entire rig, just for burn-in and as recommended from someone here would make a difference. And I am astonished to say it LOOKS LIKE THEY WERE RIGHT! (I think @cdacosta .) Just an informal listen on budget room speakers so far, but it seems the sound I'm getting straight from the off is more realistic and plush with drums sound more like drums including some sort of nice wooden texture type quality to them.

Also in the center is my High Quality HiFi Audio Cable Ground Loop Noise Isolator's. Surprised at how small they are, and will try them soon.
Be careful...I asked my seller why he charged me $239 for the gold when it was going for $79, and he said they were different cables, he said the $79 one had paper faux foil shielding....just saying...

Aug 15, 2022 at 6:50 PM Post #482 of 4,456
Incoming today was my first knockoff package. Gold Odin AC cable and THIS THING LOOKS LEGIT!!! Built like a tank, b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l and a show stopper. Looks and feels like $10,000.00 (but was only $79)!! Maybe they accidentally gave me the a real Nordost Odin Audiophile cable :):darthsmile:

20220815_144520.jpg

From the feel of it, I speculate what they said is true about its taking advantage of hollow interior, maybe for some sonic benefit or isolation of some sort. Mine says Odin Gold on the wood blocks and Odin 2 on the connectors in white lettering... wonder how that makes mine stack up with others around here?

I plugged it in from the wall outlet to my Furman power conditioner that's central for my entire rig, just for burn-in and as recommended from someone here would make a difference. And I am astonished to say it LOOKS LIKE THEY WERE RIGHT! (I think @cdacosta .) Just an informal listen on budget room speakers so far, but it seems the sound I'm getting straight from the off is more realistic and plush with drums sound more like drums including some sort of nice wooden texture type quality to them.

Also in the center is my High Quality HiFi Audio Cable Ground Loop Noise Isolator's. Surprised at how small they are, and will try them soon.
Yeah, these cables are the real deal...feel so lucky I stumbled upon these folks and this great thread! Still don't remember how I got here...lol! :smiley_cat:

Aug 15, 2022 at 7:07 PM Post #483 of 4,456
Be careful...I asked my seller why he charged me $239 for the gold when it was going for $79, and he said they were different cables, he said the $79 one had paper faux foil shielding....just saying...
FYI, mine have the gold foil shields around conductors. I paid $87.86 shipped for a 1.5m.

I have pics in this thread I think of when I took the connectors off to apply Nano Liquid to conductors and connectors.

Aug 15, 2022 at 7:11 PM Post #484 of 4,456

20220815_144520.jpg

That was me. The cable once burned in and settles on whatever it is connected to, performs at a different level. You will experience it.

Aug 15, 2022 at 7:17 PM Post #485 of 4,456
FYI, mine have the gold foil shields around conductors. I paid $87.86 shipped for a 1.5m.

I have pics in this thread I think of when I took the connectors off to apply Nano Liquid to conductors and connectors.
OK, That's good to know...I'm sure the paper ones are out there, I would just hate for someone to not get the foil... My Gold is taking forever...been hung up in China sorting center over a week now...

Aug 15, 2022 at 7:57 PM Post #486 of 4,456
Got this in the mail today.

Another outstanding replica, surprisingly flexible and huge connectors.

IMG_20220815_190650.jpg
IMG_20220815_190723.jpg

Aug 15, 2022 at 8:16 PM Post #487 of 4,456
Got this in the mail today.

Another outstanding replica, surprisingly flexible and huge connectors.

IMG_20220815_190650.jpgIMG_20220815_190723.jpg
How does it perform? I have a outstanding “looking replica” Furutech that sounds like doo doo.

Aug 15, 2022 at 8:31 PM Post #489 of 4,456
How does it perform? I have a outstanding “looking replica” Furutech that sounds like doo doo.
Well, I moved the odin cable to my di20he and have the gryphon on the ares II. It definitely sounds better, not huge but the mids are thicker/more weight behind the notes, stage depth and width is bigger, sounds more open, the decay seems to be a little slower, lingers a tad bit longer, presentation is sounding more analog.

Probably need a little more time with it, should have just swapped the one cable to make sure what the difference is. I'm highly impatient.

Aug 15, 2022 at 8:35 PM Post #490 of 4,456
@cdacosta or anybody - according to my AC cable photo do you think I have the paper faux or gold foil shielding? It looks gold, but just checking. I got mine from Getwire shop.
Chinese sellers on aliexpress lie alot, I doubt theres any paper foil cables otherwise he would have shown a picture or pointed one out.

I returned the original gold odin cable I bought from getwire because I bought it for like $160 and the price dropped to $90 from the other sellers. I asked him to match the price or I'll return it, he made up some crap about his cable being better and that I already got a great price, I returned it and bought it from another seller. The cables were identical.

Aug 15, 2022 at 8:57 PM Post #491 of 4,456
Chinese sellers on aliexpress lie alot, I doubt theres any paper foil cables otherwise he would have shown a picture or pointed one out.

I returned the original gold odin cable I bought from getwire because I bought it for like $160 and the price dropped to $90 from the other sellers. I asked him to match the price or I'll return it, he made up some crap about his cable being better and that I already got a great price, I returned it and bought it from another seller. The cables were identical.
Ah, yes, the dark underbelly of audiophile... :smirk_cat:

Aug 15, 2022 at 9:09 PM Post #492 of 4,456
Ah, yes, the dark underbelly of audiophile... :smirk_cat:
Been buying stuff from aliexpress for about 9 years and usually they come up with all kinds of stories when you ask if theres any difference between their stuff and a competitor who's cheaper.

I grew up in the Bronx, Queens and Brooklyn, I can sniff out a liar even through the interwebs. :)

Aug 15, 2022 at 9:12 PM Post #493 of 4,456
Well, I moved the odin cable to my di20he and have the gryphon on the ares II. It definitely sounds better, not huge but the mids are thicker/more weight behind the notes, stage depth and width is bigger, sounds more open, the decay seems to be a little slower, lingers a tad bit longer, presentation is sounding more analog.

Probably need a little more time with it, should have just swapped the one cable to make sure what the difference is. I'm highly impatient.
Hard to tell what the difference is without a direct swap. Could be the Odin is better on the di20he. And you have to wait until a cable is broken in to really know. But it is good that the cable out of the box exhibits good sonic characteristics.

Aug 15, 2022 at 9:13 PM Post #494 of 4,456
Been buying stuff from aliexpress for about 9 years and usually they come up with all kinds of stories when you ask if theres any difference between their stuff and a competitor who's cheaper.

I grew up in the Bronx, Queens and Brooklyn, I can sniff out a liar even through the interwebs. :)
Ha! I live in Brooklyn... Yeah, I know what you mean...

Aug 15, 2022 at 9:16 PM Post #495 of 4,456
@cdacosta or anybody - according to my AC cable photo do you think I have the paper faux or gold foil shielding? It looks gold, but just checking. I got mine from Getwire shop.
The wire from the pic looks the same, weird it has connectors labeled a different model. Likely just the writing or labeling on the connectors. The only way to really know is to slide the connector housing down the cable. Really easy to do this, two screws on the side of the end of the cables or connection part of the connector.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back