Aliexpress Cables
Aug 3, 2022 at 9:15 AM Post #316 of 4,362
I understand the cables are breaking in. What do you hear different when comparing the Moon Audio Black Dragon cables and the Odins that replaced them?
First impression when I put the Odin on my PC reminded me of what you said...the bass and treble extension increased. Also resolution and clarity was significantly improved. Since then I have put Odins on the dac and amp. When i put it on the dac, the notes got sweeter sounding...and more, I just cannot describe it...more delicate? And the cable on the jot really brought supreme clarity to the sound. Also perception of dynamics are better...Don't know how else to put it...

Aug 3, 2022 at 10:19 AM Post #317 of 4,362
First impression when I put the Odin on my PC reminded me of what you said...the bass and treble extension increased. Also resolution and clarity was significantly improved. Since then I have put Odins on the dac and amp. When i put it on the dac, the notes got sweeter sounding...and more, I just cannot describe it...more delicate? And the cable on the jot really brought supreme clarity to the sound. Also perception of dynamics are better...Don't know how else to put it...
I am sure the Odin 2 power cords would be a big improvement over stock.

Didn’t you replace the Moon Audio Black Dragon XLR balanced interconnects with the Odin Gold XLR balanced interconnects? If you did, how did these interconnects differ in your setup? Black Dragon balanced interconnects when new start at $300 (for 1m IIRC) and go up in price depending on XLR connectors and length. Would be good for anyone reading this to get an idea of the difference.

Aug 3, 2022 at 11:06 AM Post #318 of 4,362
Aug 3, 2022 at 11:31 AM Post #319 of 4,362
Get the version with the Holo Plugs, like the real Nordost Odin 2 cables. Skip the WBT plugs, they are wonky to work with. Looks like the prices have dropped. Below are links to a couple I have found, but you will have to read reviews to decide who to buy from. There are many sellers. There are 2 or 3 main suppliers/manufacturers for these cables. I have not tried the RCA versions, only the XLR. The Odin Gold below pricing is the lowest I have seen.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/325...616595394992026284ea44b!12000027405414910!sea

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/325...616595394992026284ea44b!12000029090429179!sea

Attachments

• Odin Gold RCA.JPG
    Odin Gold RCA.JPG
    24.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Odin 2 RCA.JPG
    Odin 2 RCA.JPG
    24.7 KB · Views: 0
Aug 3, 2022 at 11:37 AM Post #320 of 4,362
Here is another Odin Gold link. Make sure you:

* Order RCA to RCA
* Order a pair, they are also offered as a single cable.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/325...f16595408782994275e9f74!12000029197193063!rec

Aug 3, 2022 at 11:51 AM Post #321 of 4,362
I am sure the Odin 2 power cords would be a big improvement over stock.

Didn’t you replace the Moon Audio Black Dragon XLR balanced interconnects with the Odin Gold XLR balanced interconnects? If you did, how did these interconnects differ in your setup? Black Dragon balanced interconnects when new start at $300 (for 1m IIRC) and go up in price depending on XLR connectors and length. Would be good for anyone reading this to get an idea of the difference.
Yes, I want to wait until everything is burned in then I will do A/B compare to the Black dragon... The mids are still a little warbly...once the mids clarify and those microdynamics you talked about start coming through, I'll compare to stock cables and black Dragon, etc.... One surprising thing: With all this new found clarity and dynamics, I listened to some old albums last night that are tired and worn out to me, but with all the new cables, suddenly the music was revitalized, I felt like I was actually in the studio...I remember thinking, 'this never sounded like this to me"...i mean every instrument was just THERE...its like they were in the room...How do you describe sound like that in detail? To say the band sounded like they were in your room is the highest compliment I can think of....

Aug 3, 2022 at 2:03 PM Post #322 of 4,362
Yes, I want to wait until everything is burned in then I will do A/B compare to the Black dragon... The mids are still a little warbly...once the mids clarify and those microdynamics you talked about start coming through, I'll compare to stock cables and black Dragon, etc.... One surprising thing: With all this new found clarity and dynamics, I listened to some old albums last night that are tired and worn out to me, but with all the new cables, suddenly the music was revitalized, I felt like I was actually in the studio...I remember thinking, 'this never sounded like this to me"...i mean every instrument was just THERE...its like they were in the room...How do you describe sound like that in detail? To say the band sounded like they were in your room is the highest compliment I can think of....
Makes sense. Give the entire system 2 weeks, 24/7 burn-in. At this time you should start to not only hear, but feel the improved coherency and PRAT of the system. Vocals and mid frequencies should really improve. Micro detail will start to emerge, dynamics, separation, etc will also start to improve.

Aug 4, 2022 at 6:55 AM Post #323 of 4,362

If I want warm and rich tone, then should I get gold or odin 2 cable?

Aug 4, 2022 at 7:06 AM Post #324 of 4,362
Odin Gold has a sweeter presentation, this includes mid range
Odin 2 a bit faster and a tad more resolving, but tends more toward neutral presentation

Aug 4, 2022 at 7:23 AM Post #325 of 4,362
I noticed that there are different pricing for the same cable in Aliexpress. The power plug on the Cheaper version has white wording while the more expensive version has black wording.. Not sure if the slightly more expensive one has better quality plug. Any idea?

1659612232620.png

Aug 4, 2022 at 7:25 AM Post #326 of 4,362
By the way, the difference I mentioned regarding sonic presentation between the interconnects, also holds true with the power cables.

If you want even warmer than the Odin Gold and are willing to give up on some of the micro detail from mid bass frequencies and up and a tiny bit slower (pure copper cable), the XLO signature 3 interconnects will do this. I have the balanced versions and this is a good cable. Dirt cheap now, stupid value. Actually all these cables are so inexpensive $23.80 for 1m including shipping (literally cheaper than a meal). I would recommend you get one of each and see which you prefer in your system. Synergy is key with cabling. Link to the XLO...

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/325...00025306200295!sea&curPageLogUid=CjmvV4nW7IqK

Attachments

• XLO Signature 3 RCA.JPG
    XLO Signature 3 RCA.JPG
    74.2 KB · Views: 0
Aug 4, 2022 at 7:35 AM Post #327 of 4,362
I noticed that there are different pricing for the same cable in Aliexpress. The power plug on the Cheaper version has white wording while the more expensive version has black wording.. Not sure if the slightly more expensive one has better quality plug. Any idea?

1659612232620.png
Those plugs are different than the ones we use in US, so I am not sure. Especially since I cannot inspect it personally. But if the price difference is reasonable "I" would get the plugs with black writing and brass screws at the back of the plug.

Aug 4, 2022 at 10:01 PM Post #328 of 4,362

1659612232620.png
I was curious about this too.

I wonder if its any different than the one with the white lettering, I have the one with the white lettering.

Aug 4, 2022 at 11:34 PM Post #329 of 4,362
@Gazza

Isn't this the switch you have?

This is the new Denafrips LHY SW-8 audiophile switch. If Denafrips is offering it, must be legit.
Screenshot 2022-08-04 at 23-31-03 LHY SW-8 Beatechnik.png
Screenshot 2022-08-04 at 23-31-39 331.0US $ 50% OFF Hifi Audio Fever Ethernet Switch Full Line...png

Aug 4, 2022 at 11:36 PM Post #330 of 4,362
@Gazza

Isn't this the switch you have?

This is the new Denafrips LHY SW-8 audiophile switch. If Denafrips is offering it, must be legit.
LHY is a subsidiary of Jay's Audio.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back