Aliexpress Cables
Aug 2, 2022 at 9:36 AM Post #286 of 4,362
I know. The're so gawdy and useless, I love them tho.
If I could cut the blocks off without damaging the cables, I 100% "wood."

Aug 2, 2022 at 9:41 AM Post #287 of 4,362
I love my blocks...

20220802_093922.jpg

Aug 2, 2022 at 9:51 AM Post #288 of 4,362
So the Gold XLR has a few days on it, I am noticing the high end is rich, smooth and lush sounding...very lovley...

Aug 2, 2022 at 10:00 AM Post #289 of 4,362
Are the XLR interconnects off AliExpress sold in singles or pairs?

I doubt I will be hearing much if any difference, but $45 for a pair will be a good deal for some gold XLR cables.

although I never bought anything off AliExpress before.

Aug 2, 2022 at 10:02 AM Post #290 of 4,362

I doubt I will be hearing much if any difference, but $45 for a pair will be a good deal for some gold XLR cables.

They're usually sold in pairs unless otherwise stated.

Lol you're in HK and never bought from aliexpress? It'll probably be like 1 day delivery for you.

Aug 2, 2022 at 10:11 AM Post #291 of 4,362

Price is for a pair....I think it was $45....

Aug 2, 2022 at 2:38 PM Post #292 of 4,362
Aug 2, 2022 at 2:43 PM Post #293 of 4,362
That looks like burn-in hell...LOL
Just looking at it makes me anxious... I'll neaten it up once I get the power cables. I try to cross signal and power perpendicularly when it can't be avoided.

Aug 2, 2022 at 2:44 PM Post #294 of 4,362
So the Gold XLR has a few days on it, I am noticing the high end is rich, smooth and lush sounding...very lovley...
As I mentioned:

Odin Gold has a sweeter presentation
Odin 2 a bit faster and a tad more resolving

I understand it will be very hard to know until full burn-in, but so far how do you feel about the value or performance?

Aug 2, 2022 at 3:00 PM Post #295 of 4,362
As I mentioned:

Odin Gold has a sweeter presentation
Odin 2 a bit faster and a tad more resolving

I understand it will be very hard to know until full burn-in, but so far how do you feel about the value or performance?
Oh, I'm blown away! Even the first power cable, as soon as I put it on the PC I heard an immediete diffirence.

Aug 2, 2022 at 3:01 PM Post #296 of 4,362
Seeing the pic(s) of others trying the cables is kind of cool. After all of you have some time with the cables, it would be interesting to read your feelings about them?

For me, the performance vs price is what shocked me. Hence the main reason I share my experiences with them.

Aug 2, 2022 at 3:08 PM Post #297 of 4,362
Seeing the pic(s) of others trying the cables is kind of cool. After all of you have some time with the cables, it would be interesting to read your feelings about them?

For me, the performance vs price is what shocked me. Hence the main reason I share my experiences with them.
Agreed--had these cables been more expensive, I might never have tried them. The wait time is killer though... we should just get a spool and the connectors and make them here. Without the wood blocks.

Aug 2, 2022 at 3:48 PM Post #298 of 4,362
Oh, I'm blown away! Even the first power cable, as soon as I put it on the PC I heard an immediete diffirence.
After you get time on your system, cables and gear all settled in. Know what it sounds and feels like. When I say "feels like", I am referring to the visceral feeling, how musical if feels to you as you are listening to it...

If you want to take it to a whole other level relatively inexpensively, Furutech Nano Liquid. The sonic benefits of minimizing the micro arcing between all your mechanical connections will shock you. Benefits from my personal experience with Nano Liquid:

- The levels of noise floor lowered is easily evident, you will hear micro detail across entire frequency spectrum you never knew existed, from the same recordings you have been listening to.
- Increased macro and micro dynamics
- PRAT (Pace, Rhythm And Timing) improved. I went from this sounds really good, to parts of my body grooving to what I am listening to for hours until I realize what my foot, hand and head have been doing.
- Timbre is improved dramatically. Everything heard just sounds more real or lifelike. More organic experience vs listening to a reproduction of a recording.
- Improved separation and sound stage placement of all sounds.

I can go on and on. Basically your system will take on a level of refinement and sonic reproduction you did not think was possible. I will put it another way. The Nano Liquid will feel like you upgraded every cable, connection and component in your system. There is two downsides to the Nano Liquid: 1) "you" will have to treat every connection one at a time, and that takes time. But once you "hear" what treating the connections do you will be looking for any and all mechanical connections you can imagine to treat. 2) Break-in is minimum of 72 hours.

Simply one of the best bang for the $ tweak or upgrade to any mid-fi and up system I have come across in over two decades. Easy to apply, can easily be removed, non-conductive, can and should be used on "all" mechanical connections.

Aug 2, 2022 at 3:53 PM Post #299 of 4,362
Agreed--had these cables been more expensive, I might never have tried them. The wait time is killer though... we should just get a spool and the connectors and make them here. Without the wood blocks.
I am not a fan of the wood blocks. But since I do not stare at the cables, they do not bother me. Wait time of 2.5-3 weeks is long, but every high end new cable I have purchased has always taken 2-4 weeks to arrive after purchase. So about the same.

Aug 2, 2022 at 4:22 PM Post #300 of 4,362
I "think" the ones marked pure silver are Odin 1 cables. They don't make it easy to figure out what's what.

I've purchased from this seller:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2251832234344491.html?mp=1

And Timeless Audio, and some others. My guess is they just drop ship from warehouses. I usually look for the cable manufacturer to be Audiocrast.

Doug, I think, found the 3.5 to dual RCA.
Still looking for an RCA coax cable especially. Doesn't seem like there are any Odin 2 in this type, maybe the ones marked Odin Pure Silver really are the same as Odin 2, or are the only available Odin of this type?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back