Aliexpress Cables
Dec 9, 2022 at 9:27 AM Post #2,251 of 4,401
Hi guys my AKG 712 pro cable died today. Could you recommend me some good and cheap aliexpress cables? Thank you.

There are a lot but i am not sure about if they are ok or not so that why i am asking.

EDIT: I need it 2 metters long.
https://www.head-fi.org/posts/17286764/

This thread is more for what you're looking for.

Dec 9, 2022 at 12:04 PM Post #2,252 of 4,401
Yeah, the same ground boxes we were talking about a few pages back. In my experience, Neotech's copper in PTFE takes a few days to settle. This was my first time using their silver, so I didn't really know what to expect there. I also had bananas & binding posts, so more mass there too.
I have just ordered Neotech 12ga., UP-OCC, stranded copper chassis wire from Sonic Craft. This is 7N copper with a Teflon jacket. Currently with what I have on hand (and not in storage) that is working well is VH Audio OFC 12ga. stranded with Teflon jacket and Aliexpress OCC 12ga. stranded (with Cardas markings, but is not real Cardas). The Aliexpress wire is the best so far. Using the same RCA connectors at the same connection point on component, the differences of wire are not only audible it is night and day.

What is tricky, is upon adding or changing mineral/material mix or with a wire change is instantly audible. 12 hours later more obvious the changes, 24 hours more changing. I am not sure how long it takes for it all to finally settle in because I am consistently experimenting. 24 hours in gives a very good idea of what the previous changes were though.

I can clearly hear the cause and effect of everything I have tried. What I am still having trouble wrapping my mind around is how passively draining from a signal ground on a single component has such a huge audible effect?

Dec 9, 2022 at 6:31 PM Post #2,253 of 4,401
So, cdacosta got me thinking about that tape on the XLR's, so I took tape off 2 xlr connections (4 plugs), and left it on the other 2 xlr, and there is a bit more warmth and body and it's not so transparent. so at least for the moment there is a nice balance and body to the sound. Pretty cool how you can fine tune it. :)

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2022 at 10:50 PM Post #2,254 of 4,401
This HDMI incompatibility was discussed on the Audio-GD DI-20 thread, and on the Gustard R26 thread, by many forum members.
Hopefully, someone will find a reliable supplier who will fix correctly this issue.

I have the impression that I bought the same cable as you:
https://www.aliexpress.us/item/4000255873784.html?gatewayAdapt=glo2usa&_randl_shipto=FR
I got it working. Its a configuration issue, cable is fine.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/new...cs-and-dac-amps.853902/page-633#post-17286110

Dec 10, 2022 at 8:57 AM Post #2,255 of 4,401
Hello Everyone, Has anyone tried Ali Dragon power cord? recently I received this cord, burned it in for about 200 hours, yesterday I plug into my amp, it sounded bad, worse than any cord that I have heard, when battery was plugged in, treble was so poor, soundstage is narrow, unplugged battery, treble sounded a bit better, a bit more transparent, I think any stock PC will sound better than this cord. Bought it from Audioson store, their service is great, since they does not offer free return, sending the cable back will be expensive.

Dec 11, 2022 at 12:42 AM Post #2,256 of 4,401
I have just ordered Neotech 12ga., UP-OCC, stranded copper chassis wire from Sonic Craft. This is 7N copper with a Teflon jacket. Currently with what I have on hand (and not in storage) that is working well is VH Audio OFC 12ga. stranded with Teflon jacket and Aliexpress OCC 12ga. stranded (with Cardas markings, but is not real Cardas). The Aliexpress wire is the best so far. Using the same RCA connectors at the same connection point on component, the differences of wire are not only audible it is night and day.

What is tricky, is upon adding or changing mineral/material mix or with a wire change is instantly audible. 12 hours later more obvious the changes, 24 hours more changing. I am not sure how long it takes for it all to finally settle in because I am consistently experimenting. 24 hours in gives a very good idea of what the previous changes were though.

I can clearly hear the cause and effect of everything I have tried. What I am still having trouble wrapping my mind around is how passively draining from a signal ground on a single component has such a huge audible effect?
Cool. Please share a photo of the cable you like best for your grounding box. And a link or the item number. Just curious how it compares.

And what does it mean when you have a better cable for a grounding box- is it a FR difference like brighter / darker, or is it more of everything that was good from the former cable?

Dec 11, 2022 at 12:48 AM Post #2,257 of 4,401
I got my Faraday fabric tape mentioned a few pages back, earlier in the week already from Amazon. Will finally have time to try it soon. Someone on here has theirs from a preferred AliExpress store. I inspected it though, and it is surprisingly thin like maybe in between that of a cassette tape and camera film, yet at the same time it definitely looks legit and is actually sturdy.

Dec 11, 2022 at 2:22 AM Post #2,258 of 4,401
Cool. Please share a photo of the cable you like best for your grounding box. And a link or the item number. Just curious how it compares.

And what does it mean when you have a better cable for a grounding box- is it a FR difference like brighter / darker, or is it more of everything that was good from the former cable?
So far I like the mixed gauge fake Cardas OCC copper from Aliexpress the best. Tuesday I will get the 12ga. Neotech, this wire is really pure so I do have high hopes for it. But the Neotech is not inexpensive, 4' shipped and tax is $45.49. If I like this cable I will direct wire it to the copper plate inside box, skipping binding post. I am waiting to build and shield the box until I try the wire. Then I will experiment more with mix. Still more minerals like Graphite powder, Tungsten, Tourmaline powder and Tourmaline smaller stones to come.

The following is a link for the fake Cardas wire, I have the 1m length. Note, the link is to interconnects. I cut the connectors off and used the conductors and shielding for the ground wire. Total gauge is between 12ga and 11ga. Furutech Nano Liquid then is terminated with a Furutech CF-102(R) RCA plug.
https://www.aliexpress.us/item/2255...tewayAdapt=glo2usa4itemAdapt&_randl_shipto=US

Now the sonic difference or what I "hear" between different wire? There seems a lot of things contribute to the effectiveness and performance of these devices. The wire, connection and where it is connected make a big difference with overall performance. I currently have jimmy rigged (still working on enclosures) at 4 different locations in the system. DAC, amp, PC and modem/router. In all cases connected to signal ground. If I change the wire in one location the sonic presentation changes, and the change can be big. The change can be brighter, warmer, kill or enhance certain aspects of the system performance, take away or add detail retrieval, PRAT, how much harmonic info increases, decay, add or take away body or weight of presentation, effect sound stage, etc., etc. The further up the chain like the DAC the difference is huge, further down the chain I need to experiment more. And these changes can be dramatic, not subtle. On the PC (source) I also need to experiment more and will when the box is built for it.

Dec 11, 2022 at 2:38 AM Post #2,259 of 4,401
I got my Faraday fabric tape mentioned a few pages back, earlier in the week already from Amazon. Will finally have time to try it soon. Someone on here has theirs from a preferred AliExpress store. I inspected it though, and it is surprisingly thin like maybe in between that of a cassette tape and camera film, yet at the same time it definitely looks legit and is actually sturdy.
Be interesting to read your take on the sound differences between the two tapes if any.

Dec 11, 2022 at 2:46 AM Post #2,260 of 4,401
Hello Everyone, Has anyone tried Ali Dragon power cord? recently I received this cord, burned it in for about 200 hours, yesterday I plug into my amp, it sounded bad, worse than any cord that I have heard, when battery was plugged in, treble was so poor, soundstage is narrow, unplugged battery, treble sounded a bit better, a bit more transparent, I think any stock PC will sound better than this cord. Bought it from Audioson store, their service is great, since they does not offer free return, sending the cable back will be expensive.
I tried a few aq power cable knockoffs, and while the build quality was impressive, they were not even remotely close to the real things. Tried blizzard and thunder, and at 150+hr burn-in they completely lost to a real aq z3 cable. Worse resolution, staging, depth, timbre, etc. Can’t understand why there are good reviews on ali for these.

Dec 11, 2022 at 5:19 AM Post #2,261 of 4,401
Ok guys this may be THE big one. Not only does this stuff work, it propels my system far above I ever expected it to. Starting with covering just one side of one of my Odin Gold AC power cable connectors, I was INSTANTLY impressed with the first note I heard, as if things are more 3D! This made a BIG difference!!! Now after so far covering 3 sides of my 2 Odin Gold AC cables I had myself questioning whether or not I am still in the same celestial plane. Because I would not, could not have expected my upper-midfi headphone system to ever be transformed so close to summit-fi, with such a simple unassuming hack.

71h3QyfIZpL._SL1500_.jpg
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B097HC9HR7
@Stax 7 I have only one Faraday Fabric tape so nothing to compare it to, but I would sure recon the ONLY way to get anything better than this would be if it was spiritually blessed by The Creator himself. I'm satisfied that this is at least as good as the one another user got from China off AliExpress. And this was from Amazon, and interestingly is the perfect size for the Odin Gold connectors (2"). Mainly I am noticing bigger soundstage and excitement with a pretty damn visceral lifelike quality, detail, and more natural flow of instruments in space and time.

20221211_015930.jpg
And like I said, so far only 3 of around 20 connectors are covered so far. I think I may remove one because one of them could have added a wee bit of extra shimmer in the highs. Folks this is sublime and makes AT LEAST as big of a difference as the premade grounding box, which do seem to compliment eachother!

Dec 11, 2022 at 5:34 AM Post #2,262 of 4,401
That was me. I ended up taking it off 2 of my xlr connections, and on 2 other xlr I took a piece of tape and cut it in half to just brighten it up a little, and the sound balanced out nicely... This tape is very good apparently for fine tuning the sound....

20221211_053208.jpg

Dec 11, 2022 at 6:03 AM Post #2,263 of 4,401
Ok guys this may be THE big one. Not only does this stuff work, it propels my system far above I ever expected it to. Starting with covering just one side of one of my Odin Gold AC power cable connectors, I was INSTANTLY impressed with the first note I heard, as if things are more 3D! This made a BIG difference!!! Now after so far covering 3 sides of my 2 Odin Gold AC cables I had myself questioning whether or not I am still in the same celestial plane. Because I would not, could not have expected my upper-midfi headphone system to ever be transformed so close to summit-fi, with such a simple unassuming hack.

71h3QyfIZpL._SL1500_.jpg
@Stax 7 I have only one Faraday Fabric tape so nothing to compare it to, but I would sure recon the ONLY way to get anything better than this would be if it was spiritually blessed by The Creator himself. I'm satisfied that this is at least as good as the one another user got from China off AliExpress. And this was from Amazon, and interestingly is the perfect size for the Odin Gold connectors (2"). Mainly I am noticing bigger soundstage and excitement with a pretty damn visceral lifelike quality, detail, and more natural flow of instruments in space and time.

20221211_015930.jpg
And like I said, so far only 3 of around 20 connectors are covered so far. I think I may remove one because one of them could have added a wee bit of extra shimmer in the highs. Folks this is sublime and makes AT LEAST as big of a difference as the premade grounding box, which do seem to compliment eachother!

DecentLevi...​

thought you had the Aliexpress tape as well....I cant wait to get mine as well now...:):)

Dec 11, 2022 at 6:34 AM Post #2,264 of 4,401

71h3QyfIZpL._SL1500_.jpg

20221211_015930.jpg
Told ya... :)

Dec 11, 2022 at 6:37 AM Post #2,265 of 4,401
Original impression was of electrostatic setup.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back