Aliexpress Cables
Jul 20, 2022 at 10:42 AM Post #151 of 4,364
Na i burn in all my stuff....I am a big burn in advocate, even my cables. And I never use EQ.
Cool, then you will not be surprised by the sonic swings. Have you tried using EQ like Equalizer APO (assuming you are using PC as a source)?

As an aside since you are getting cables similar to what I am burning in right now. The two cables in my system getting burned in now being used with a Jotunheim 2 are Odin Gold power cord and balanced XLR interconnects. Power cord has about 210 hours and interconnects 360 hours. Listened to system for a few hours last night.

- HF edge gone
- Overall presentation is warmer, very pleasant but feels powerful
- A bit more micro detail and can start to feel the precision of the system, like before when using burned-in Odin 2 and Electra Glide cables.
- PRAT a bit better (but I know is not 100% there). I think this is because note attack is more precise and faster. With improved decay hearing the additional micro detail.
- Spatial aspect of the sound stage is more apparent. In the beginning placement of sounds and information was muddy with a kind of incoherency. Now information is precise and there is no muddiness.
- Vocals improved a lot compared to first 24-48 hours. Also in the beginning vocals were placed further from performance, now is more akin to you being sung to.

To give you a different perspective. I listen to a lot of different genres. Right now typing this, I am listening to goth and acid techno which is about 135bpm. What I hear is a 360 degree presentation with oodles of macro and micro detail that feel precise with bass that can be felt in the bones in my face and upper body. Bass is not boomy, but hits hard and fast with nuance. From experience I would say burn-in is about 87%-90% there.

Jul 20, 2022 at 1:05 PM Post #152 of 4,364
Cool, then you will not be surprised by the sonic swings. Have you tried using EQ like Equalizer APO (assuming you are using PC as a source)?

As an aside since you are getting cables similar to what I am burning in right now. The two cables in my system getting burned in now being used with a Jotunheim 2 are Odin Gold power cord and balanced XLR interconnects. Power cord has about 210 hours and interconnects 360 hours. Listened to system for a few hours last night.

- HF edge gone
- Overall presentation is warmer, very pleasant but feels powerful
- A bit more micro detail and can start to feel the precision of the system, like before when using burned-in Odin 2 and Electra Glide cables.
- PRAT a bit better (but I know is not 100% there). I think this is because note attack is more precise and faster. With improved decay hearing the additional micro detail.
- Spatial aspect of the sound stage is more apparent. In the beginning placement of sounds and information was muddy with a kind of incoherency. Now information is precise and there is no muddiness.
- Vocals improved a lot compared to first 24-48 hours. Also in the beginning vocals were placed further from performance, now is more akin to you being sung to.

To give you a different perspective. I listen to a lot of different genres. Right now typing this, I am listening to goth and acid techno which is about 135bpm. What I hear is a 360 degree presentation with oodles of macro and micro detail that feel precise with bass that can be felt in the bones in my face and upper body. Bass is not boomy, but hits hard and fast with nuance. From experience I would say burn-in is about 87%-90% there.
You should get the Raptgo Hook...you will be shocked!

Jul 20, 2022 at 1:42 PM Post #153 of 4,364
You should get the Raptgo Hook...you will be shocked!
Two issues with your idea. 1) I hate having anything in my ear for prolonged periods of time. 2) I love the Audeze LCD-XC 2021 EQ’ed. I can make this headphone sound exactly the way I like audio reproduction.

Jul 20, 2022 at 4:28 PM Post #154 of 4,364
I ordered the Odin 2 decoder DAC data cable for my dac/Element H connection...i can easily sell my black dragon usb cable...

Jul 20, 2022 at 4:32 PM Post #155 of 4,364
I ordered the Odin 2 decoder DAC data cable for my dac/Element H connection...i can easily sell my black dragon usb cable...
You received the Odin 2 USB and directly compared them? If yes is the Odin 2 cable burned in?

Jul 20, 2022 at 6:18 PM Post #156 of 4,364
You received the Odin 2 USB and directly compared them? If yes is the Odin 2 cable burned in?
No I just ordered the USb. What I'm saying is assuming it's better or at least equal, I can always sell the black dragons and recoup some money.

Jul 20, 2022 at 7:04 PM Post #157 of 4,364
No I just ordered the USb. What I'm saying is assuming it's better or at least equal, I can always sell the black dragons and recoup some money.
I have the odin 1 usb cable, it was better than the shunyata venom and xlo usb cable I had. Haven't compared it to anything more expensive than the shunyata but it was definitely better.

Jul 21, 2022 at 5:49 PM Post #158 of 4,364
I have been working from home the last 5 hours and listening to the system. Burn-in is getting close, I would say 94%-95%. If I disregard price these cables are really good. For the price they are amazing.

I hate to keep bring up the Nano Liquid, just makes such a difference. By the way Furutech does what I did and what I am about to recommend for you to do, for all their retail cables. If you do acquire the Nano Liquid I highly recommend that you disassemble the two ends and treat both the conductors and connectors like I shared I did. The Odin Gold power cable (which I treated with Nano Liquid) on the Jotunheim 2 amp elevates the system. The treatment will lower noise floor. Basically increasing resolution (across the frequency spectrum) and note/sound precision, quieter background and improve timbre. Test it out yourself since you will have multiple of the same cable.

As an FYI the Odin Gold power cable is plugged into the Jotunheim 2 during burn-in. I leave the Jotunheim 2 on 24/7. But since I am burning in balanced interconnects and new power supply in PC they are all running 24/7 with volume turned all the way down.

Jul 21, 2022 at 6:04 PM Post #159 of 4,364
I have been working from home the last 5 hours and listening to the system. Burn-in is getting close, I would say 94%-95%. If I disregard price these cables are really good. For the price they are amazing.

I hate to keep bring up the Nano Liquid, just makes such a difference. By the way Furutech does what I did and what I am about to recommend for you to do, for all their retail cables. If you do acquire the Nano Liquid I highly recommend that you disassemble the two ends and treat both the conductors and connectors like I shared I did. The Odin Gold power cable (which I treated with Nano Liquid) on the Jotunheim 2 amp elevates the system. The treatment will lower noise floor. Basically increasing resolution (across the frequency spectrum) and note/sound precision, quieter background and improve timbre. Test it out yourself since you will have multiple of the same cable.

As an FYI the Odin Gold power cable is plugged into the Jotunheim 2 during burn-in. I leave the Jotunheim 2 on 24/7. But since I am burning in balanced interconnects and new power supply in PC they are all running 24/7 with volume turned all the way down.
I will get the Furutech in a few days...just made a bunch of purchases and I need to chill for a bit... Congratulations on completing burn in! My Odin 2 now has distorted mids! but the bass and treble are much better...maybe 'distorted; is too harsh a word, but lets say that the mids right now are just a little harsh.....
I just got a new iem today, the Raptgo Leaf, single dynamic driver...I know you said you dont like IEM's, but these sound really fantastic and they are only$129...they certainly sound better than my old Xelentos, those were single DD and cost $1K...of course listening to them on the desktop doesn't hurt! I'll have to go back and read again how you treated the 2 ends of the Odin2, but when I get the liquid I will get into all that. BTW do you have a Odin cable on your PC too? How about your dac?

Jul 21, 2022 at 6:57 PM Post #160 of 4,364
I will get the Furutech in a few days...just made a bunch of purchases and I need to chill for a bit... Congratulations on completing burn in! My Odin 2 now has distorted mids! but the bass and treble are much better...maybe 'distorted; is too harsh a word, but lets say that the mids right now are just a little harsh.....
I just got a new iem today, the Raptgo Leaf, single dynamic driver...I know you said you dont like IEM's, but these sound really fantastic and they are only$129...they certainly sound better than my old Xelentos, those were single DD and cost $1K...of course listening to them on the desktop doesn't hurt! I'll have to go back and read again how you treated the 2 ends of the Odin2, but when I get the liquid I will get into all that. BTW do you have a Odin cable on your PC too? How about your dac?
Odin 2 power cord on the PC (which works well here), iFi IPower X on the Modius DAC.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
Jul 21, 2022 at 7:25 PM Post #161 of 4,364
Ok one more recommendation. This is so you can “hear” the differences during burn-in and understand how the cabling or Nano treatment does what and where. I will assume when you get the Nano Liquid you will have only one of the 3 new power cords. I recommend that you treat the internal and external of the power cord and the IEC socket connections of the PC. Install the Odin 2 power cord you have now on the PC and leave it there to burn-in. Do not plug and unplug from your PC to try the cable on your amp or other component. Let the cable properly burn-in and settle in. Do the same with your other power cords when you get them. If you did get the Odin Gold XLR cables install them if you like, treating all contacts on cable and component sockets that mate with the cables mechanically. Then stop. Let it all burn-in 24/7, listen for the changes and be patient. 250 or so hours in, call it day 11 assuming cables are breaking in as expected and all is sounding coherent and becoming more resolving then you will in stages treat the rest of your system step by step. The fun and amazement will be eye opening for you. All part of the hobby, learning what effects sonic reproduction. By the time you are done your system will be at a different level.

Eventually you will end up treating your entire system with Nano Liquid, trust me you will want to. It will nag you to do so once you start to hear the difference, fight the urge. Being patient will reward you with a better understanding of your signal chain.

Jul 21, 2022 at 7:31 PM Post #162 of 4,364
Ok one more recommendation. This is so you can “hear” the differences during burn-in and understand how the cabling or Nano treatment does what and where. I will assume when you get the Nano Liquid you will have only one of the 3 new power cords. I recommend that you treat the internal and external of the power cord and the IEC socket connections of the PC. Install the Odin 2 power cord you have now on the PC and leave it there to burn-in. Do not plug and unplug from your PC to try the cable on your amp or other component. Let the cable properly burn-in and settle in. Do the same with your other power cords when you get them. If you did get the Odin Gold XLR cables install them if you like, treating all contacts on cable and component sockets that mate with the cables mechanically. Then stop. Let it all burn-in 24/7, listen for the changes and be patient. 250 or so hours in, call it day 11 assuming cables are breaking in as expected and all is sounding coherent and becoming more resolving then you will in stages treat the rest of your system step by step. The fun and amazement will be eye opening for you. All part of the hobby, learning what effects sonic reproduction. By the time you are done your system will be at a different level.

Eventually you will end up treating your entire system with Nano Liquid, trust me you will want to. It will nag you to do so once you start to hear the difference, fight the urge. Being patient will reward you with a better understanding of your signal chain.
Wow, awesome! I can't wait, I mean even now I'm blown away by my desktop! Plus the Ares II will hit the 30 day mark in a few days, so that is significant as well, the dac technically is still burning in. The Jot 2 also, potentially, but I dont think the jot 2 needs a month to burn in...but any improvement beyond this and I will be thrilled!:)

Jul 21, 2022 at 8:18 PM Post #163 of 4,364
Wow, awesome! I can't wait, I mean even now I'm blown away by my desktop! Plus the Ares II will hit the 30 day mark in a few days, so that is significant as well, the dac technically is still burning in. The Jot 2 also, potentially, but I dont think the jot 2 needs a month to burn in...but any improvement beyond this and I will be thrilled!:)
My Jot took about 400 hours for the majority of the break-in. If my experiences are any gauge at all, if you follow what I have outlined, you are in for a more interesting ride then you imagine. This will sound bold… If you like your system now, your system will be at a much superior performance level after cables are installed, total system Nano treatment and all to break-in.

When all is said and done in 1.5 months, you tell me if I exaggerated.

Jul 24, 2022 at 1:44 AM Post #164 of 4,364
@dougms3 you referred me specifically to page 5 of this thread when I inquired about a good power cable for the DI20 (DDC from Audio-GD). I didn't seem to see any consensus on that page. Do you or anyone here have a recommendation sub-$100 for good sounding AC power cables?

I did find a few good looking custom ones on Etsy, and really like the Aurora 7 from Wireworld which I have, but looking to try more affordable options.

Jul 24, 2022 at 2:36 AM Post #165 of 4,364
@dougms3 you referred me specifically to page 5 of this thread when I inquired about a good power cable for the DI20 (DDC from Audio-GD). I didn't seem to see any consensus on that page. Do you or anyone here have a recommendation sub-$100 for good sounding AC power cables?

I did find a few good looking custom ones on Etsy, and really like the Aurora 7 from Wireworld which I have, but looking to try more affordable options.
You could try one of the knockoff cables.

They are pretty cheap and work well.

A couple of us have the gold odin cable. There are many sellers with the same product so you may want to shop around.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3256804113993563.html?spm=a2g0o.cart.0.0.630d38dahriWV8&mp=1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back