alien ears
Aug 8, 2011 at 11:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

play4theworld

New Head-Fier
hey thanks for the replys. sorry I havnt gotten back I wasnt getting any emails thought it went cold.

That's good to know about the bose.

I think I'm gonna get some custom Alien Ears. As far as the wireless goes, i'm still kinda up in the air about it. I play guitar and all it is a very active band so I look kinda lame if I'm attached toa  5 foot cord. Right now they have me using an over ear headset but it has a long cord (one of those squigley ones like a telephone wire). I figured I'd get a big exstension cord or maybe a few on top of each other but will that kill the sound quality?

I'm going to talk to the sound guy if it is even an option for me to get a wireless because it's likely they don't want me tampering with they're set up.

Other than that I cant decide what Alien Ears to get.

I play acoustic so i need a good range. Thinkin the FR-AE3 (triple driver). One thing i'm concerned about is that it isn't a detachable cord and with this problem with cord lenght and sound quality after adpaters may be an issue (like i could get a 20 foot cord and a 5 foot cord and switch out if I had the detachable where as I need extenders otherwise). I think the detachable may be too much money.

Also i was wondering if these are good earbuds for straight listening like to my ipod or when I'm mixing in pro tools? 

Thanks for all the help guys!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back