ALGIZ and IKIZ = SPECIAL 40% discount
Aug 21, 2015 at 7:40 AM Post #17 of 36
  Love the use of cheesy models to promote your sale. Great job!

It works, models are used in many industries. If it didn't work companies would not allocate resources to hiring models.  I in fact love seeing beautiful women, it's always a positive.

Aug 21, 2015 at 12:41 PM Post #18 of 36
My opinion is that the product should speak for itself. If you need women to draw attention to it, it's probably crap.

Not speaking to the quality of these at all, but it's just an out of touch way of advertising products. It panders to the LCD; eg. the guys making posts about the women. I don't think it makes our hobby look good.

Aug 21, 2015 at 4:44 PM Post #19 of 36
 If you guys want to argue about models in advertising. Make another thread. Otherwise your opinion on the matter is good with you that is all that matters.

Look forward to some reviews of these.

Aug 23, 2015 at 6:38 AM Post #21 of 36
My opinion is that the product should speak for itself. If you need women to draw attention to it, it's probably crap.

Not speaking to the quality of these at all, but it's just an out of touch way of advertising products. It panders to the LCD; eg. the guys making posts about the women. I don't think it makes our hobby look good.

Seen a ton of ads with women wearing audeze phones, so your point is invalid. Would you rather see a man with a beard and a lumberjack shirt holding them then ? It's an ad to get them noticed simple as that , some people like to take the fun out of everything. More to the point as anyone actually heard a pair yet ?

Aug 23, 2015 at 7:10 AM Post #22 of 36
  Seen a ton of ads with women wearing audeze phones, so your point is invalid. Would you rather see a man with a beard and a lumberjack shirt holding them then ? It's an ad to get them noticed simple as that , some people like to take the fun out of everything. More to the point as anyone actually heard a pair yet ?

Yeah I've heard both but a while back. I remember the Algiz as having weird imaging and a weird soundstage (like nothing I've heard before) and I think the Ikiz was on the bassier side of things but was still pretty clear. Both were pretty large though and didn't fit in my ears well as all 
frown.gif

Aug 23, 2015 at 7:47 AM Post #24 of 36
  Yeah I've heard both but a while back. I remember the Algiz as having weird imaging and a weird soundstage (like nothing I've heard before) and I think the Ikiz was on the bassier side of things but was still pretty clear. Both were pretty large though and didn't fit in my ears well as all 
frown.gif

Well at least the ad looked nice

Aug 23, 2015 at 3:25 PM Post #26 of 36
I just knew as soon as the talk went south, we were going to get that picture of Tyll. It happens every time.

Aug 23, 2015 at 4:38 PM Post #27 of 36
I just knew as soon as the talk went south, we were going to get that picture of Tyll. It happens every time.

It needed to be done.

Aug 23, 2015 at 5:33 PM Post #28 of 36
It needed to be done.

If you post it enough, it might train people not to do it... but sadly there are way too many newcomers to make this an effective tactic.

I wonder how many unsolicited messages the op has gotten since the thread went up.

Aug 23, 2015 at 8:21 PM Post #30 of 36

Users who are viewing this thread

Back