Alex Rosson--Audeze's CEO--on Bloomberg TV
May 23, 2014 at 11:32 PM Post #16 of 91

Which site will you end up posting that review on, Mike? Definitely looking forward to it!

thanks!!

I think my full review is going to hit Positive Feedback first.
I'm aiming to finish this weekend before Newport!

We're doing a group review of the new Audeze line-up at Audio360.org.

Thanks for the support!
I always dug the LCD-2, but I didn't LOVE it like I did the LCD-3.

The new LCD-2 w/ Fazor has changed that! I can't put this headphone down!!!!

May 24, 2014 at 12:25 AM Post #17 of 91
Originally Posted by mikemercer /img/forum/go_quote.gif

<clip>

Thanks for the support!

HI Mike,   hmm... thought Fazor was new in the LCD-XC and X.  Didn't know it was used in the LCD-2.  Is this a recent upgrade?  
also, congrats on the gear listed in your post (.. Macintosh, Cavalli, Audeze .. well done!)

May 24, 2014 at 12:38 AM Post #18 of 91
HI Mike,   hmm... thought Fazor was new in the LCD-XC and X.  Didn't know it was used in the LCD-2.  Is this a recent upgrade?  
also, congrats on the gear listed in your post (.. Macintosh, Cavalli, Audeze .. well done!)
After the introduction of the LCD-X and XC Audeze implemented Fazor into the LCD-2 and 3. I'm not sure when this change occurred, someone else can enlighten you more.

May 24, 2014 at 12:43 AM Post #19 of 91
  Thanks for the support!

No, thank you for your down to earth reviews and your contributions to the community.

I've really enjoyed my LCD-2F as well. As the first planar I've owned, I'm very happy with my choice, even if it will ultimately prove to be a gateway drug in to the higher end models! I initially had some concerns about imaging and the sound stage of the 2 (I purchased in January, before the Fazor upgrade was publicly known), so I was really surprised when I received the headphone and it sounded shockingly precise and was throwing a fairly large stage if fed properly. I knew I would love the tonality, but I didn't anticipate that it would be so capable in terms of technicalities. All in all, a very nice headphone for the money. No regrets.  

May 24, 2014 at 1:34 AM Post #21 of 91
Glad to see this here. For anyone who hasn't had the chance to talk to him in person, Alex is one of the nicest people you could meet. 

I'm still hesitant to listen to the LCD-XC... I promised myself I wouldn't lust after anything else after the LCD-3. But I want that closed set so badly for the office. 

May 24, 2014 at 5:53 AM Post #24 of 91

Mike, you had to do this ! Here I am flipping between reviews of he HE-6, HE-560 and then chance on your post ! I am naturally inclined to the Audez'e sound and I sold my non-fazored LCD 2 just last month. 
very_evil_smiley.gif

May 24, 2014 at 5:54 AM Post #25 of 91
  Glad to see this here. For anyone who hasn't had the chance to talk to him in person, Alex is one of the nicest people you could meet. 

I'm still hesitant to listen to the LCD-XC... I promised myself I wouldn't lust after anything else after the LCD-3. But I want that closed set so badly for the office. 

If it helps, I have the XC and the 3.
very_evil_smiley.gif
 And its the XC I use in the office with a tube amp. Ummmmm..........

May 24, 2014 at 7:14 AM Post #26 of 91

(By the way, in case you're confused by the company name as it's pronounced in the video, it's supposed to be pronounced aww-diz-ZEE.)

Jude,
its funny how Alex does not even attempt to correct the TV commentator's pronunciation. Looks like Alex is too polite.

May 24, 2014 at 8:54 AM Post #28 of 91
  Late December 2013 if I remember correctly?

Interesting... I don't recall seeing a designation  (e.g.  LCD-2F,  or  3F) to indicate the Fazor versions on the Audeze website.  Would be good to be able to confirm which model is which. perhaps this is indicated on the headphones themselves.  otherwise, how do you know which model you are listening to when you try them in a store ?

May 24, 2014 at 11:56 AM Post #29 of 91
Interesting... I don't recall seeing a designation  (e.g.  LCD-2F,  or  3F) to indicate the Fazor versions on the Audeze website.  Would be good to be able to confirm which model is which. perhaps this is indicated on the headphones themselves.  otherwise, how do you know which model you are listening to when you try them in a store ?

It's simple, actually. If you run your fingers in the space where the ear pads enclose the ears, you may feel the slits if it's "fazored". If it is smooth. Then it's "non-fazored".

May 24, 2014 at 12:51 PM Post #30 of 91

A recent youtube review of the LCD-2. I watch this channel for the PC related reviews (and the excellent camera work imo), but they have recently ventured into audio equipment. I watched this vid yesterday, and then saw the bloomberg news on the headfi homepage right after.

Unfortunately the same mispronunciation is there, and lots of comments below the vid cannot fathom the asking price of the headphones (which to be fair can be quite a shock to those unfamiliar with high end audio equipment) - some may also demand a better source in their testing of the LCD2. 

Nevertheless, I feel it's a good review, and increasing awareness of high end audio equipment (like audeze but not just exclusively), I see as a positive. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back