Alessandro trouble
Dec 8, 2007 at 4:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

drkphoenix

New Head-Fier
My headphone cord as it connects to the plug is finicky. If there is any movement in the cord near the plug at all, it either switches to one ear or cuts off entirely. I use it w/ my iPod so this is a huge problem for me. Every tech guy I talk to says some wire must have broken near the plug. I'm guessing my options are to contact Alessandro and try to get a replacement or just find new headphones to replace a 100 dollar pair of really nice sounding cans. Problem: How do I reach Alessandro? The only numbers and emails I found on their website are to the webmaster. There is nothing at all on the reciept or the box (which I still have). Does anyone know how to contact them?
confused.gif

Dec 9, 2007 at 4:20 AM Post #3 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by meuler /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Alessandro High-End Products: Order Information

"Feel free to contact us by phone at (215) 355-6424, or via email for ordering information on any of our products."

Tried... the email link is the same as the one that goes to the webmaster so I didn't even try it. The phone number I did try and when I called they said they weren't Alessandro so I succinctly apologized and hung up.

Dec 9, 2007 at 2:01 PM Post #5 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by drkphoenix /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm guessing my options are to contact Alessandro and try to get a replacement

If you are trying to get them repaired, you have to send them to Grado. Alessandro won't be able to repair them. TMK, they just resell what Grado makes and gives to them.

Unless, of course, you recently bought them and only want Alessandro to send you a new replacement for a defective unit. I always heard they are not very good at answering the phone and/or returning emails. Good luck!

Dec 9, 2007 at 11:30 PM Post #6 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by kontai69 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you are trying to get them repaired, you have to send them to Grado. Alessandro won't be able to repair them. TMK, they just resell what Grado makes and gives to them.

Unless, of course, you recently bought them and only want Alessandro to send you a new replacement for a defective unit. I always heard they are not very good at answering the phone and/or returning emails. Good luck!

They are only about 3-months old and that is what I feared about Alessandro's receptivity. If I can't reach them, I can't reach them and there goes 100 bucks. I guess I should start looking for new headphones. Thanks for the info.

Dec 9, 2007 at 11:54 PM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

They are only about 3-months old and that is what I feared about Alessandro's receptivity. If I can't reach them, I can't reach them and there goes 100 bucks. I guess I should start looking for new headphones. Thanks for the info.

If you are handy with a soldering iron, just chop off the plug and attach a new one. Alternatively, you could post on the DIY Board and I'm sure someone would be wiling to help you out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by goober-george /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Don't you have to dial 1 before calling a number out of the area? Also, this is somewhat off topic but, I'm almost 100% positive that grado sr-80s don't need an amp.

Need--no. Benefit from--yes.

Dec 10, 2007 at 12:17 AM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

I agree with HiWire. Don't give up! It's a 100 bucks.
wink.gif

The cans have a 1 year warranty so just send them back to Grado (to the address on their webpage) along with a letter describing the problem and a copy of your sales receipt. With Grado, you don't even have to call them up first for prior "pre-approval". They are just going to tell you to send it in. It should cost only around $10 for shipping via USPS to Grado. Repair and return shipping will be done at Grado's expense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back